Swinton Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Swinton Insurance

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance.

Interview

Description of the role, discussion around previous experience. Quick maths test involving basic sums, percentages etc. Some competency based questions to test knowledge learnt in previous roles, application form to fill in, and a maths test to complete.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have gone above and beyond normal duties for a customer.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester City Centre, England) in August 2015.

Interview

Telephone screen via agency, followed by formal interview with my direct line manager located at the manchester head offices. Excellent process, was made to feel very comfortable and found the entire process stressless.

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester, England) in April 2013.

Interview

Very informal. I was in the box seat given the urgency of the appointment. I suspect (hope) other interviews are more thorough. The whole interview took less than 30 minutes and had an offer inside 2 hours. On reflection this should have set alarm bells ringing.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware of the problems we are having?   1 Answer

IT Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester, England) in June 2013.

Interview

2 stage interview. Technical test and then interview with HOD and a line manager. The objectives of the technical test are not clear. They say they do not expect you to complete the test and only want to see the approach and understanding of the core concepts. But my experience was that they wanted to see me complete the test. At least thats what the feedback suggested. You will not be given a chance to discuss your code as the 'Architect' would not be having a solid understanding of the core concepts and is there only to mark his presence.
    The manager's interview appeared to be more transparent, open and structured with clear questions and provide you a chance to display what you have to offer and what have you achieved so far.
    Overall experience was not good as you would expect to have a fair discussion on the core concepts and not just a farce where your answer paper is marked not against clear set of objectives and expectations but entirely on the whims of a single individual.

Business Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester, England) in March 2013.

Interview

My interviewers made me comfortable and at ease. They were clear on what will happen during the process and they had well structured questions.
    They were able to help me better understand the questions and would help me deliver the information they needed.
    I was asked to complete an exercise and was given clear instructions, support material and time to complete it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you have had to resolve conflict between key Stakeholders. What did you do to resolve it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester, England) in May 2014.

Interview

Thank you for the quality of your recruitment process - my interactions with your website and with you personally have exceeded my expectations and far outstripped those of other companies to whom I have applied recently.

Negotiation

See above

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester, England) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial telephone interview/ informal chat with HR person. Very laid back and straight forward followed by face to face interview with floor manager. Competency based questions and role-play sales call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for swinton (who would)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester, England) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online after seeing the job on their careers site - got an email straight away and the recruitment team kept in touch all the way through the process. They telephone interviewed me first and then I went inot the call centre for an interview with one of the team managers - some questions were really easy but others were more difficult but the team manager who interviewed me was great and gave me time to think and even asked if I wanted to skip a quesiton and come back to it. They gave me a tour fo the office and made me feel really welcome.
    I got a call the next day whti my offer and then they emailed me all the relevant paperwork - it was so simple.

Interview Questions

• They asked if there was a time when I'd been asked to do something I didn't agree with   1 Answer

Negotiation

really easy - the salary was advertised and they made me an offer that was a little more than I was on already.

Anonymous Employee in Maidstone, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Maidstone, England) in March 2013.

Interview

Pleasant, Standard interview process, Quite rushed they weren't that prepared and were willing to let anyone through the door.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me £500 more than I asked for which was nice.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers whoa de me feel at ease straight away. They firstly asked me to describe my current work situation and was then asked a series of straightforward competency questions. Following this, they explained the role in more detail. I was then asked yes or no answer questions about criminal convictions etc. and that was that! They gave you the opportunity to pass on questions and gave you lots of time to think about your answers, and just gernally made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you've dealt with a customer complaint and how did you manage it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.