Found 473 of over 484 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management, call centre not experts" (in 23 reviews)
- "In terms of progression all managers have been recruited externally not from within and that says it all" (in 19 reviews)
- "Swinton then penalise your bonus, take money from you whilst hiding behind customer experience." (in 14 reviews)
- "Salary has always been poor at Swinton and having read in other reviews the amount of shares divided paid out whilst freezing our pay I am now starting to change my mind about Swinton." (in 9 reviews)
- "Senior management driving there agendas" (in 8 reviews)
- 2.027 Jul 2023Customer Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsManchester, England
Health plan, nearby to local shop.
Lack of support. Constantly scaremongering about disciplinary, also treat you like children.
- 2.010 Jul 2023Phone OperatorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Decent pay and colleagues in the group
Long hours, challenging targets but rewards were goodSwinton Insurance Response4mo
Thank you for sharing your positive comments with us. Its great to hear that you have felt well rewarded for your role with us and although you are no longer with us we appreciate your feedback. As a business we understand that hard work, long hours and challenging targets are a regular part of everyone's working day but we hope to be able to reward everyone well for this commitment. We are really pleased that you felt this and we wish you every success in your future career. Nat Blago; Director of Talent
- 3.07 Mar 2023Commercial Insurance AdvisorCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsManchester City Centre, England
Nice building, use to be ok to work for.
Insist you go on the lunch rota when it does not work. Used to be able to go on lunch same time as another colleague but now the rota no longer allows this. Only allowed 1 person off per team despite sufficient staff numbers. Have to work Saturdays and Bank holidays. Not flexible enough for working from home. Job not what it used to be.1
- 2.029 Apr 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearHalifax, England
Nothing really worth mentioning at all
Horrible place to work. Managers will let their favourite staff turn up to work while still drunk yet have no support or alternatives for anyone unable to sell the horrible products their try and push. Zero chances of cross progression and the pay is horrendous
- 2.08 Apr 2023Pricing AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsManchester, England
Flexible hours and working from home
Progression was dreadful Team promoted the useless and unqualified Disagreeing with any management meant being overlooked for promotion Couldn't hold onto staff
- 2.06 Mar 2023CoachFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsManchester, England
- Fantastic comradery from colleagues open to supporting each other as much as possible. - Appetite for improvement in processes and engagement.
- Toxicity at upper management level which caused undue stress to managers below. This had a knock on effect at mid-senior level which eventually caused lots of employees to leave at once.
- 4.020 Jan 2023RTP AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsManchester, England
Good for career development, I started on the phones and, I’ve had a number of roles throughout the business during my 14 year tenure.
The current owners appear to operate on an acquisition basis resulting in an abundance of change. While these changes are normally beneficial to both employer and employee, a recent change to balance the contracts resulted in a significant reduction to my existing benefits. It sent the wrong message in my opinion, it gave the impression that the previous owners valued my contribution more and, I doubt that I’ll ever truly get over it.
Swinton Insurance Reviews FAQs
Swinton Insurance has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 484 reviews left anonymously by employees. 31% of employees would recommend working at Swinton Insurance to a friend and 30% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
31% of Swinton Insurance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Swinton Insurance 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.5 for culture and values and 2.3 for career opportunities.