Swinton Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.2
Swinton Insurance CEO Gilles Normand
Gilles Normand

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people, good work-life balance, excellent leadership, great location (in 13 reviews)

• Great work / life balance - flexible hours (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • policies is that calls overflow to them when the call centre is busy (in 14 reviews)

• huge branch closures and redundancies recently announced (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company With Committed Goals"

Current Employee - Commercial New Business Advisor in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a current employee for Swinton Insurance I can say that I love my current employment and have done over the last years. Despite the changes Swinton have gone through, I believe we have accepted change and embraced it with customer led intentions and as a result are on the way to further success and benefits for both colleagues and customers. Swinton are dedicated to ensuring every customer is treated fairly and has the result they want. I can't say how much I value this company and what a pleasure it is working for Swinton. To the future!

Cons

To carry on the great work as their really is no Cons

Advice to Management

Carry on the great work guys! You really are amazing and such motivated and committed people!

2. "Good company however won't be around for long"

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time

Pros

Largest insurance brokerage in U.K. And like a large family and has helped me grow over the Years

Cons

Head office in Manchester and unless willing and able to commute the distance the jobs outside will disappear

3. "A company with heritage and experience planning to survive another 60 years!"

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Swinton, you quickly realise that the people at all levels throughout the business are great and caring. There's a lot of colleagues worked at Swinton for many years and a recent business re-structure and recruitment drive has seen new employees start careers at Swinton (including me).

Cons

The business is re-structuring itself to continue to be one of the only insurance brokers with over 100 high street branches plus a central contact centre and online site to make it easy for customers to choose how they wish to interact with Swinton, so it's currently going through a lot of change to better serve customers in the future.

5. "Great company"

Former Employee - Systems Support in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Systems Support in Manchester, England

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Investment in technology was always forthcoming, listened to employees.

Cons

The dev teams seemed to be running in their own world, bypassing procedures and having their own on call system which basically meant they carried their own personal phone without any real commitment to the duty.

Advice to Management

N/A

6. "Ok, not great but ok"

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time

Pros

Good colleagues within the branches

Cons

low pay, no training, terrible systems, and a bullying mentality

"Moving with the times"

Current Employee - CSM in Bournemouth, England
    Current Employee - CSM in Bournemouth, England

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Swinton are a company moving with the times, reviewing there processes consistently to ensure they do the best by the customer. The staff are well thought of in terms of development and flexibility. I'm still proud to work for Swinton after 18 years.

Cons

Information can be on a need to know basis. Some communications come as a shock and sometimes input can seem to go unnoticed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, your task is not an easy one. There's lots of change to implement to create a truly customer centric business and balance staff expectations. Don't forget the experience you have in your teams.

"Bad company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Manchester, England

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Treat staff bad to much moving about no one seem
    To care

Cons

To much changes around no one cares worst company I’ve work for

Advice to Management

Stop treating good staff so bad get better hr team who care about the staff

"Doing the right thing for the business"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Business going in the right direction in order to secure the business of the future. It isn't the Swinton of old and that's a great thing - no more jobs for friends. No more people in positions they're unqualified to hold. Added some fantastic external appointments bringing in some much needed skill and experience.

Cons

Not all departments work the same, some are focused around the customer and others focused purely on process. Employees frustrations / concerns don't seem to be addressed - not sure higher management even know what the concerns are.

Advice to Management

Ears wide open - you learn so much by being out there seeing and understanding what our people's frustrations are. We have a group of employees that want the best for the customer - address these frustrations and improve our customers journey. Continue to do the right thing for the business.

"Post mortem"

Former Employee - Manager in Norwich, England
    Former Employee - Manager in Norwich, England

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great colleagues who worked hard and are fun to know

Cons

Callous. Reducing jobs is no excuse for treating people badly. Good employees treated like numbers. They dont deserve their fantastic employees.

Advice to Management

Move on and let someone else do the job.

"Company no longer cares about it's people"

Former Employee - IT Department in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - IT Department in Manchester, England

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time

Pros

the pros are the people that work at Swinton they are nice friendly people that make it easier to tolerate.

Cons

the benefits are rubbish and the company is underhanded now trying to save money on the loyal staff like cutting overtime on call hours and the overtime rate but yet they can afford to pay silly money to contractors that don't really add any benefit to the company.

Advice to Management

Start thinking about the people, get rid of the management that think that it is except able behavior to swear at people and give false promises to get work out of them and never deliver on what they promised. The company needs better directors they are focusing on the things that are not important and ignoring the actual important things which is the staff and how to make it a pleasant working environment.

Swinton Insurance Response

8 Sep 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the behaviour you have described from managers. If you wish to discuss this in more detail you can contact the HR Helpdesk on 0161 233 3850 and... More