UBS Director - IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

UBS Director - IT Interview Questions

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS in January 2011.

Interview

I was referred in by a friend to the hiring manager. Had several rounds of interview with IT (in-person, video conf with London), with the business and with HR.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer: " I have some concerns about your technical ability and whether you're able to lead a technical team."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing.

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Director - IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (City of London, England) in July 2010.

Interview

A phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a face to face interview with the hiring manager then face to face with one or more senior people from Operations and/or other areas of IT. Finally, an interview with HR. If successful, HR & the agency negotiate - HR are given salary limits and Office Title limits by the Hiring Manager or their Manager. Offer is typically take it or leave it - there is no further negotiation at this stage.

Interview Questions

• At the end of a log, drawn out discussion about how to handle the situation where someone in my team has made an error that had a significant impact, we arrived at the "Ultimately, I carry the can" there was the "How would you feel if we were either going to fire you or you had to sacrifice the employee that made the error" bit... that is a bit tricky without the full background and actually "being there" so you have to take a gamble.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was brief for me and was done with HR. It was then handed over to the agent to do further with HR (you can be more candid with the agent). Once the offer is through, though, there is no further negotiation. It is a take it or leave it offer.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.