Vertex Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Vertex Pharmaceuticals

2.9

1. Featured Interview

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was seamless, informational and very professional. I experienced the highest degree of professional service, speedy/timely responsiveness from the recruiter, and felt greatly valued immediately. Upon being hired, I was immediately brought in for orientation and then integrated quickly into my team. I received a lot of support not only from my team, but also from anyone and everyone I interacted with outside of my function.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the greatest challenges you have had to navigate in your career? In the past two years? How did you overcome them and what lessons learned can you share?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Telephone Interviews by HR, --> by Technical colleague --> 8 back-to-back In-Person Interviews (VP, Hiring manager (Director), 5 Colleagues and HR ) , scheduled over 6 hrs.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview and multiple on-site interviews, followed by a dinner, and more phone interviews. I met with people from most departments that I would be engaged in working with. The company is looking for a cultural fit and that the interviewee knows the job they are applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Applied for the position through LinkedIn mid-August. A week later I was contacted by a Vertex Talent Acquisition Consultant to arrange a phone screen but it took two weeks to get that organized. After that interview, it took another two weeks to arrange a call with the hiring manager. Then, there was radio silence (despite regular follow-up communications on my part) for a month. Another associate TAC contacted me to arrange a 1/2 day f2f interview. I met with 6 people that day (and thought all of the interviews went well). A month later, I haven't heard anything from anyone, despite 3 follow-up emails.

This is typical of Vertex. I applied for a similar role in a different department over two years ago and had exactly the same experience. I'm not sure that even if an offer came through at this point that I would take it. I've learned the hard way that the interviewing/hiring process are pretty indicative of how organizations treats its employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Very poor experience overall - I was initially very happy to receive a voicemail from the recruiter, requesting a phone interview. It was difficult to schedule a call however as they refused to e-mail me, so we left one another a number of voicemails. Initial phone screen was pretty straightforward and was fine. The second phone interview however, with the hiring manager, was terrible. The manager was all business, not even a How Are You Today? Seemed like a 30 minute interrogation. When that was finally over, I decided it was not the best place for me. Re-confirmed my suspicion when I received a follow-up call telling me that the initial HR recruiter had left the company. Seems like a high-turnover company, values results and not people.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you were faced with a challenging situation.   Answer Question

Statistical Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in March 2019.

Interview

1. Why you are a fit; 2. Tell me about yourself; 3. What is your Strength and weakness. The manager is nice and energetic. It is through the phone.

Clinical Trials Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by 4 people in a row
    the whole process is quite chaotic
    - the first one who does not know why they want to recruit me, what kind of position it is
    - the one who wanted to recruit me is on sick leave...
    - asked general questions and skill related questions

Clinical Trials Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

applied online- interviewed by HR

Interview Questions

• HR was good. Asked few behavioral questions. Asked about current job and salary expectation.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

good discussions with peers and management. interviewers seemed bright and knowledgeable. HR was a bit challenging to work with, and I've found that ture of many hr departments in the industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

everything is negotiable.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on March 5th, and then got an email from HR to schedule interview date. I finally got a phone interview on March 22nd. It took 10 min with quite easy questions.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Got the phone interview with the manager, it was mostly focused on my research and less about the work related to the internship. Later I got invited to the campus and the manager together with 4 other team members asked intensive questions about everything I've done, they were very related to the detailed work I did every day. I learned about what is important through this interview process but think it's maybe a bit too intensive for an intern. The level of expectation they had for an intern is very high (for a particular department), if you have not greatly involved the project they are interested in doing, you almost have no chance to be an intern there. But on the other hand, if you would like to expand your skill set by interning here, this is probably not the place. They are looking for someone who can pretty much do what they are doing.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.