Yieldify Software/Full Stack/Front End/Unclear Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Yieldify Software/Full Stack/Front End/Unclear Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Yieldify

1 Interview Review

Software/Full Stack/Front End/Unclear Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yieldify (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Began well, ended terribly.

The process started with an initial phone interview followed by the technical test. The technical test was far too time-consuming (unless you do it poorly, in which case why bother?).

Submission of the technical test was followed by a phone discussion about my test submission (nearly two weeks later). The result was generally positive feedback about the test, and we scheduled the final interview. I received a congratulations email; a slightly confusing and ultimately empty gesture, as I don't consider passing an interview stage to be any kind of noteworthy or celebratory achievement.

The final interview was supposed to include questions about asymptotic functions and other concepts, but ended up being solely about designing a schema for an app on a whiteboard.

Frustratingly, I can design that schema in my sleep. However, with the pressure of two experienced judges watching me design on a whiteboard (not my usual medium), and trying to judge how I think and communicate, and gauge my skill level, I was too nervous to perform at my best.

The second part of the interview was about "competencies", but I didn't notice any real opportunity to reveal my strengths, instead engaging in a fairly generic conversation about leadership and teams.

The final decision, conveyed by a non-technical employee, included the words "junior" and "intern", and basically amounted to "we don't have the right structure for someone to hold your hand and mentor you", which I found quite offensive, because I certainly don't want or need that.

In conclusion, the final interview failed to learn anything significantly positive about me, and resulted in offensively incorrect assumptions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.