Programmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Programmer Interview Questions

1,749

programmer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I got to the third and final interview stage with the company for which I had to prepare a presentaion talking about myself, how I would fit into the company and what I know about them. Previously I had a successful skype interview and a face to face interview where I impressed and was told to keep doing what i'm doing. So at this final interview stage I had prepared a presentaion about the company and I conducted additional research (as any normal person would), only to be told after a brief chat with an executive before I was supposed to do my presentation, that they wouldn't be taking my application further. Bare in mind this is just before I was supposed to do my presentation that I had prepared and had rehearsed for a considerable amount of time. I'm not angry/annoyed that I didn't get on to the graduate programme, because if i'd have been given the opportunity and they didn't think i'd be suited to it then I would say 'ok fair enough', i'm fuming at the fact that they wouldn't even let me conduct my presentation that they ask all graduates to make as part of the interview process to get onto the LIFT programme. When he was telling me why I hadn't got any further he almost seemed to take pleasure in telling me he'd done the same to over half the other graduates at this stage and didn't allow them to present either. As a whole this tells me the company is completely unprofessional, that their interview process is ridiculously flawed and that the executive who gave me my final interview is a horrible little man who takes pleasure in other people's failure due to his own lack of knowledge around how an interview should work.

8 Answers

You had a lucky escape my friend

Best thing ever is you got out of working for this bunch of amateurs. I still have the scars.....

Why is everyone who posts anonymous?

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

You have an array randomly filled with red, blue and green items. How do you order this list so the red items are at the beginning, followed by the blue ones, followed by the green ones? The algorithm should be in-place (no extra storage, or only constant extra storage) and the algorithm should only walk threw the array once (every position can only be read once).

4 Answers

Python related: generators, dictionary comprehensions, questions regarding the collections module One of the brainteasers that I got: You have 10 fair coins, flip them each. Prove, that the probability of getting odd number of heads equals the probability of getting even number of heads.

3 Answers

Problem solving: You have 8 identical coins. 1 of which weighs less. You also have a pair of balancing scales. What's the minimum amount of weighs you can have to identify the lighter coin for all possibilities?

3 Answers

This following question is probably the toughest question in the speed dating interview section. It goes like this "Highlight one interesting aspect from your CV and make it one word. While you think about that here is the situation 'You are on site and it is midnight and your client has joined. You have 5 employees working on site with you and your client notices that one of your employees is a known cable thief and wants you to kick him out. What do you do?' " (Speed Dating Interview)

2 Answers

Do you expect wind power generation to be relatively high on a clear and cold day?

2 Answers

When planning an event for 30 individuals, what do you need to keep in mind?

2 Answers

Your average motivational questions about the company, sector and role

2 Answers

Give an example of one of unilever's rivals and how they differ?

2 Answers

What 3 things would you take to a desert island? If you were in an elevator with the CEO of Vodafone what quesion would you ask him?

110 of 1,749 Interview Questions