Capita Reviews

3.2
Capita CEO Jon Lewis
Jon Lewis
1,046 Ratings
Pros
  • "Good work life balance, excellent staff and great place for them who want to gain some quality experience in BPM field(in 168 reviews)

• "very nice organization, with nice work environment(in 163 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior Management often detached from junior staff(in 106 reviews)

• "No direct career progression or support(in 89 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Company led by purpose and values with good career opportunites

20 May 2020 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Purpose led organisation with strong exceutive leadership

Cons

Change fatigue in the organisation as a result of ongoing transformation

4 people found this review helpful

Capita Response

Employer Brand Manager

Hi, many thanks for taking the time to leave the review. Really pleased you've picked up on the purpose-led aspect of what we are trying to achieve. It's really important that is recognised. Thanks again! Matt.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

great company

8 Apr 2021 - Principal Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

great team to work with, procurement consulting management team good support and learning opportunities

Cons

too fast pace sometimes, too quick change of clients, depends on individual expectations

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Demanding, frenetic pace - but unparalleled resources and genuine professional satisfaction

24 Mar 2021 - Technical Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent model that is very candidate friendly, offering top tier client placement, career progression, and annual bonus incentives. Attracting and retaining talent becomes much easier when you can deliver on both their immediate and longer term career goals, which in turn inspires confidence within client base of consistent delivery of quality candidates within a short timeframe. Tools and resources to identifying, attracting, and contacting talent is also unparalleled across any previous organisation I have worked under (which include a number of market leaders in both 360 Recruitment and RPO), with no expense spared to enable the Recruitment teams to thrive, and provide consistent delivery across a range of public and private sector clients, from junior to senior levels, and a plethora of talent skillsets and knowledge.

Cons

Communication chain from the Resourcing frontline to decision making stakeholders on client side can become convoluted on occasion, though improves substantially as client familiarity with the model increases over repeated campaigns

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great job and a way to develop certain skills

11 May 2021 - Banking Advisor in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at capita was a great experience and gave me a chance to develop my interpersonal skills with a wide range of customers.

Cons

One of the downsides was having to isolate yourself for long hours and a have your soul slowly drained from your body.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Please avoid

30 Mar 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

made great friends who shared equal frustrations with the company

Cons

They forced our group to sign a statement that changed our contract after we had already signed it, asking us to agree to a lower salary after taking the job with the salary stated in the contract. They like to solve issues through personal texts and calling so we can’t log anything they say to cover our own backs - Management are very manipulative. 19 people left out of the 21 people in my training group within 6 weeks. If you have not experienced anxiety before, trust me you will every day of your shifts. They avoided sending contracts for a while, they lied about working hours. I was told I would be given an early shift but to then find out FOUR weeks of working for the company they gave us all 2pm - 10pm FYI they are struggling to fill those slots so if you do receive an offer you will get those hours or similar. They will mention a wish list.... it’d called a wish list for a reason. They did so many things wrong and unprofessional but I hopefully i’ve said enough to persuade you to avoid this job. honestly, you are absolutely disgusting and I wish I had taken other jobs I was offered at the time. Complete waste of time, I’m still trying to solve an issue from weeks ago that they avoid addressing unless over texts or a private phone call. disgustingly unprofessional and dodgy.

8 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Positive change but still a long way to go!

13 May 2021 - 71, 500 in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good teamwork ethic and good employee benefits.

Cons

The change John Lewis is making is having a positive affect but it is missing the reality on the ground.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall a good experience

11 May 2021 - Software Specialist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Reasonable workload, good people, plenty of opportunity if you look for it

Cons

Can be regimented in approach, no scope to go off process

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company

9 May 2021 - Sales Agent in Bury, North West England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good facilities as well as a canteen. Free secure parking and local shops too.

Cons

While I was there, they expected more and more constantly changing their vision of what we should be doing

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Enjoyed it for the most part, so glad I moved on though.

3 Mar 2021 - Recruiter in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most people are great, all suffering together which forms comraderie(main reason I stayed for so long). I quite liked the way Capita Desktop was organised for payslips, holiday booking etc. Generally speaking, people I know who have left Capita have all thrived in their next roles so I guess you could say Capita gives you a base to start your career from...

Cons

Being put "at risk" of redundancy 4 times in 3 years Awful systems and technology - really really bad! ZERO opportunities for progression for 99% of people, but seemingly tonnes of opportunities for people who suck up Most management are nice people(a little incompetent), a small minority are unpleasant and borderline bullies. Terrible salary(admin circa 16-18k/Recruiter roles - £21-23k/TL roles - £26-30k - to the best of my knowledge).

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Decent

11 May 2021 - Bid Support Administrator in Hednesford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home (laptop supplied)

Cons

Pretty niche job hard to grasp at first

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,876 Reviews