E-Cigarette Direct Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 5 February 2019

5.0
Jon Nelsey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "What a wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Maidenhead, England
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for ECD since September 2017 after being with my previous company for 5 years and I can confidently say this is the best company I have ever worked for. They genuinely care about you and your well being, offer great perks and opportunities and most importantly, trust us as employees! They want to help people develop in their role as well as offering support in and out of the workplace. The company have great core values that resonate with me and I feel proud to work for such a brilliant company.

Cons

There aren't many, however lone working in store is the one that springs to mind. This doesn't happen often (mainly covering holiday/days off etc) but it can be a lonely from time to time. Bonus can also be quite hard to achieve if you don't feel everyone in your store is putting in the same effort but area managers are so open and easy to talk to that this could be remedied with a little help from them.

Advice to Management

Keep making this a great place to work, its brilliant to watch the company evolve!

14 Feb 2019

Thank you for leaving such a heartfelt review, it has really made us smile! We love to hear that you are proud to work for ECD .
    We understand that lone working can make staff a bit glum and we do... More

2. "90 days in and loving it."

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After recently passing my probation in my current role, I felt I had the experience necessary to comment on the pros and cons of the company, and not only is ECD the most professional company that I've encountered in the vaping industry, they are also the kindest and the most supportive. Huge focus on development and the bigger picture, and a refreshing outlook on customer service, rather than on hard sales. I couldn't ask for a better role or a better team.

Cons

None - a great company that I'm proud to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2 Jan 2019

Aww, thanks for such a lovely review and congratulations on passing your probation! We are so glad that you are enjoying your role and working with our team.
    We are amazed to hear that you don’t... More

3. "E-Cigarette review"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Llanelli, Wales
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Llanelli, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management, Great staff, Good pay, Staff Discount, Communication.

This the best company I have worked for and I have great pride in servicing customer everyday here. The training is great and your able to learn a lot about products and apply your own advice for a customer.

Cons

Part time decent but wish it could be full time, that will come in time though. Also holiday approval needed to be quicker as well, as you have to book way in advance to hopefully get the time of confirmed. Managers do there best though so its not really a con.

Advice to Management

None

10 Dec 2018

Thank you for leaving us feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you take such pride in your work with us and that you have enjoyed your training.
    We understand your point regarding booking... More

4. "Retail Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Neath, Wales
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Neath, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From day one I have felt welcomed with open arms, and I can honestly say it is the best company I have ever worked for. It values it's employees and the work you do for them, they are very easy going and definitely support your needs.

Cons

I don't have any cons with the company, I am more than with all the work they do to make me and others feel at home.

Advice to Management

No advice, just keep up the hard work! You're all lovely.

26 Nov 2018

Thank you for leaving us such a great review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy working with us. We love welcoming new colleagues to the ECD family, as we know it is our people that make us a... More

5. "Growing fast with family value roots"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible and supportive Management and HR.
    One of the best basic wages on the high street.
    Very friendly staff, with various origin stories and a depth of compassion and empathy for everyone.
    Good working hours.
    The company tries it's best to keep to core values even with a forever changing Industry.
    It is a sales environment but honesty and customer care is at the top of the daily expectations.
    You can and will make a positive difference to someone's life be it health or financially, i know i have on more occasions than i could count.

Cons

Due to the structure of some of the stores promotion isn't really a possibility
    (But is possible if you are willing to travel)
    Can be working on your own from time to time ( that's either a positive or a negative)
    Bonus system sometimes feels unsustainable or unfair sometimes, But hey if you put the effort in you can get a bonus!!!

Advice to Management

Not much advice really it is a growing business and need's to evolve. Just keep in mind staff Moral overall.

23 Oct 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We appreciate hearing about your personal experiences. You've identified that we are growing quickly which presents its challenges, we... More

6. "Employee in Carmarthenshire, Wales"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Carmarthen, Wales
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Carmarthen, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An amazing atmosphere, you will be hard pressed to find a job filled with so many people that remember that at core we are only human.
    As long as we work as a team and do our best in a competent manner everything is really good, if you make a mistake and contact the team regarding the area you made a mistake in, it's all good because they will help you all the way to the end. A++ to the job.

Cons

"You must enter at least 5 words for Cons." Glassdoor is asking me to write cons when there are none.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, never seen a brighter group of people in my 20 years of working life in different area's of trade than you lot.

3 Sep 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your comments and are delighted to hear you’re enjoying your experience here!

We are really proud to operate a no blame culture... More

7. "Wonderful to work for and lovely people to work with"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Bridgwater, England
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Bridgwater, England

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Salary, Training with people you work with, great staff and given key holder responsibility.
    Easy to contact Area Managers and Cluster Managers and good overall communication within the company.
    Family based company so Boxing day as a given day off which is rare in retail and very much appreciated.

Cons

Working weekends.. however usually every other sunday off which does not happen in retail.
    Can be expected to work in a different store at a moments notice. This however is only really a Con for people who don't like a bit of a challenge from time to time.

31 Aug 2018

Thank you for such a lovely review - we really do appreciate it. It is pleasing to see that you had so many positives around working with us, this makes us really happy.

We’d love to give our... More

8. "excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Barry, Wales
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Barry, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I find working for E-cigarette direct a fantastic place to work. Managers and work colleagues work as one, working together and very supportive. The salary is amazing for retail @ £9.66 PH. We are all classed as Sales Managers due to being Key holders and being fully responsible for the running of the store. I also get to work in other stores which is great to have the change and flexibility. The company is a family run unit and very respectful of their employees. There are many perks working for this company and the opportunities to earn bonuses on store performance, which is fantastic to get a bonus for just doing your job. E-Cigarette Direct is probably the best company I've ever had the pleasure to worked for.

Cons

You are expected to work weekends, but it is retail after all. If you do want time off on the weekend the managers are very flexible to allow for this, as long as there is cover.

31 Aug 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we really do appreciate it. It’s great to see that you have identified quite a few pros of working for us.
    Development and investment in our... More

9. "Very good company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Cardiff, Wales
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the pleasure of working for e-cigarette direct for 4 months whereby I learned valuable skills. I found the company to be very supportive with very good values. I got to work in many of their stores and made good friendships with many. The hourly wage is very good, with good working practices. Additionally all staff get 50% discount on all products.

Cons

Cant think of any apart from you are expected to work weekends, however it is retail which is expected. (Not really a con but more of a pro, the company and the team are very supportive if you need the occasional day off over the weekend to party, as long as there is someone to cover you)

31 Aug 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a positive review. We are glad to see that you think that we treat our staff well, this is something which is really important to us. It’s also lovely to... More

10. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Llanelli, Wales
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Llanelli, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for the company for over 4 years, and honestly I have never working for a better company, they are very supportive and care about their employees.

Cons

I really do not have any.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating.