E-Cigarette Direct Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

5.0
Jon Nelsey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Retail Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Neath, Wales
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Neath, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From day one I have felt welcomed with open arms, and I can honestly say it is the best company I have ever worked for. It values it's employees and the work you do for them, they are very easy going and definitely support your needs.

Cons

I don't have any cons with the company, I am more than with all the work they do to make me and others feel at home.

Advice to Management

No advice, just keep up the hard work! You're all lovely.

2. "Growing fast with family value roots"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible and supportive Management and HR.
    One of the best basic wages on the high street.
    Very friendly staff, with various origin stories and a depth of compassion and empathy for everyone.
    Good working hours.
    The company tries it's best to keep to core values even with a forever changing Industry.
    It is a sales environment but honesty and customer care is at the top of the daily expectations.
    You can and will make a positive difference to someone's life be it health or financially, i know i have on more occasions than i could count.

Cons

Due to the structure of some of the stores promotion isn't really a possibility
    (But is possible if you are willing to travel)
    Can be working on your own from time to time ( that's either a positive or a negative)
    Bonus system sometimes feels unsustainable or unfair sometimes, But hey if you put the effort in you can get a bonus!!!

Advice to Management

Not much advice really it is a growing business and need's to evolve. Just keep in mind staff Moral overall.

23 Oct 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We appreciate hearing about your personal experiences. You've identified that we are growing quickly which presents its challenges, we... More

3. "Employee in Carmarthenshire, Wales"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Carmarthen, Wales
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Carmarthen, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An amazing atmosphere, you will be hard pressed to find a job filled with so many people that remember that at core we are only human.
    As long as we work as a team and do our best in a competent manner everything is really good, if you make a mistake and contact the team regarding the area you made a mistake in, it's all good because they will help you all the way to the end. A++ to the job.

Cons

"You must enter at least 5 words for Cons." Glassdoor is asking me to write cons when there are none.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, never seen a brighter group of people in my 20 years of working life in different area's of trade than you lot.

3 Sep 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your comments and are delighted to hear you’re enjoying your experience here!

We are really proud to operate a no blame culture... More

4. "Wonderful to work for and lovely people to work with"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Bridgwater, England
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Bridgwater, England

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Salary, Training with people you work with, great staff and given key holder responsibility.
    Easy to contact Area Managers and Cluster Managers and good overall communication within the company.
    Family based company so Boxing day as a given day off which is rare in retail and very much appreciated.

Cons

Working weekends.. however usually every other sunday off which does not happen in retail.
    Can be expected to work in a different store at a moments notice. This however is only really a Con for people who don't like a bit of a challenge from time to time.

31 Aug 2018

Thank you for such a lovely review - we really do appreciate it. It is pleasing to see that you had so many positives around working with us, this makes us really happy.

We’d love to give our... More

5. "excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Barry, Wales
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Barry, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I find working for E-cigarette direct a fantastic place to work. Managers and work colleagues work as one, working together and very supportive. The salary is amazing for retail @ £9.66 PH. We are all classed as Sales Managers due to being Key holders and being fully responsible for the running of the store. I also get to work in other stores which is great to have the change and flexibility. The company is a family run unit and very respectful of their employees. There are many perks working for this company and the opportunities to earn bonuses on store performance, which is fantastic to get a bonus for just doing your job. E-Cigarette Direct is probably the best company I've ever had the pleasure to worked for.

Cons

You are expected to work weekends, but it is retail after all. If you do want time off on the weekend the managers are very flexible to allow for this, as long as there is cover.

31 Aug 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we really do appreciate it. It’s great to see that you have identified quite a few pros of working for us.
    Development and investment in our... More

6. "Very good company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Cardiff, Wales
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the pleasure of working for e-cigarette direct for 4 months whereby I learned valuable skills. I found the company to be very supportive with very good values. I got to work in many of their stores and made good friendships with many. The hourly wage is very good, with good working practices. Additionally all staff get 50% discount on all products.

Cons

Cant think of any apart from you are expected to work weekends, however it is retail which is expected. (Not really a con but more of a pro, the company and the team are very supportive if you need the occasional day off over the weekend to party, as long as there is someone to cover you)

31 Aug 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a positive review. We are glad to see that you think that we treat our staff well, this is something which is really important to us. It’s also lovely to... More

7. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Llanelli, Wales
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Llanelli, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for the company for over 4 years, and honestly I have never working for a better company, they are very supportive and care about their employees.

Cons

I really do not have any.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating.

8. "Genuine Values"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Swansea, Wales
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Swansea, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is genuinely lovely. Great work/life balance for team and management. Live by company values. Great customer service both in stores and via website.
    Working together as a team to achieve company mission. Strive to develop their people and reward accordingly.

Cons

I haven’t found anything negative about this company

Advice to Management

Keep your vision as you grow the company. A truly inspirational company.

9. "Lovely company ethics and great colleagues"

Current Employee - Retail Area Manager in Bristol, England
    Current Employee - Retail Area Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company genuinely follow company core values and have moved this into their recruitment process, meaning that the company is staffed by a well adjusted, well rounded and well meaning team! Fun company to work for!

Cons

Not much really, theres a lot of work to do...but thats retail!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

10. "Finally found "the one""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales

I worked at E-Cigarette Direct part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A company where your ideas are welcomed. I had the opportunity to grow within the organisation and felt valued. The organisation is growing, vibrant and energetic, and while the environment is busy, I never felt like I was "just a number". A genuine "no blame" culture where mistakes are really treated like learning experiences. The management are not "walk overs", by any stretch of the imagination.....but...if you want to work hard, have fun, and be part of an amazing team - then THIS is where you should be working.

Cons

Honestly - I find it difficult to think of anything to say here.

Advice to Management

If it ain't broke - don't fix it. More of the same!!