Egress Software Technologies Reviews
93% would recommend to a friend
(147 total reviews)
94% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Tech
Got a burning question about Egress Software Technologies? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Egress Software Technologies employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The culture is great." (in 22 reviews)
- "Good people on the sales floor." (in 21 reviews)
- "We are mostly egoless programmers at Egress which means we are able to learn from our peers and develop as a unit, a must for any good team!" (in 12 reviews)
- "Great benefits including 'flexi" (in 12 reviews)
- "Visible and approachable senior management." (in 8 reviews)
- "The pay is also awful and they will routinely say that they make up for this in other aspects even though they do not offer anything that another company will not on top of a decent salary." (in 5 reviews)
- "For a London based company, many staff find they can move onto better salaries within 3 months." (in 5 reviews)
- "Lack of training" (in 4 reviews)
Found 147 of over 163 reviews
Updated 4 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.04 Dec 2023Senior UX DesignerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearCheltenham, England
Egress really care about the people who work for them. They listen incredibly well and implement things off the back of feedback. The company is fast paced with lots of opportunity for career growth.
With it being a fast paced environment, sometimes work comes out of the blue and can sometimes upset the current flow of work.
- 5.024 Oct 2023Product ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsLondon, England
Culturally, individuals are always pushed, there is always opportunity to take on something new or out of your comfort zone. I've moved through 3 or 4 distinct teams/functions since joining - some didn't exist when I started, in office locations we didn't have. We haven't lost the smaller company personality and culture despite being 5x the headcount we were when I joined. We continue to grow at an exceptional rate quarter by quarter, and the company stood by employees throughout the pandemic period. I have the autonomy to set my own style of working, but a management structure in place to remove blockers & address issues when I need them. For younger candidates coming in, there is a great social scene in every office, plenty of opportunities to diversify whatever skillset you may have and (in my experience) plenty of support when needed.
Scale up vibe is not for everyone & this is not a place to blend into the background and remain anonymous.
- 5.012 May 2023Principal Product ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCheltenham, England
As a Product Manager, I bring customer problems to engineering who come up with fantastic innovative solutions to solve. This is one of the most inventive engineering team I have had the pleasure to work with, I have released more things in the year I have been here than any other software organisation. Its not just the engineers though, I get amazing ideas from Tech Services, Customer Services and sometimes even the execs. Everyone has the power to help shape our products as they are invested in the company and want to see it be a success (the trouble is prioritising them all - a nice problem to have!) The execs are all approachable and very down to earth, they are not hidden away in a separate office and they do visit the various offices which is key to employees that are not in the main London office. In fact there are no egos in the org!
As its fast paced, there are times where a well laid roadmap is disrupted by something else, but again that's due to the pro of innovation - things get shifted, which is fine, as long as its for the right reasons (usually is). Sometimes we work on tasks for one POC rather than for the wider customer base (but that's understandable too - and warranted) Could do with more engineers (but who doesn't), some engineering leaders have left though recently.1
- 5.014 Apr 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
- Senior leadership empower their staff and are genuinely invested in employees personal and professional growth. - A growing company with plenty of opportunity for progression, and well structured training and development plans to support this progression. - The founders of the business work alongside all staff and have an open door policy where they welcome new ideas and new ways of doing things. It's clear that they care about everyone in the company and will often pop over for a chat to see how you're doing or just to ask if you had a good weekend. - The mission statement is clear and everyone believes in what we do. That's powerful, and exciting to be apart of. - The culture is all about employee wellbeing, and the HR team work hard to give us the best possible benefits. - The company understands work life balance and actually respects that.
No company is perfect, and while we grow things evolve. You truly do get out what you put in and Egress works hard to reward their staff.
- 5.015 Mar 2023Office ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
I have been working at Egress for nearly 4 years and have been consistently impressed by the company's commitment to employee well-being and experience. From free breakfast and snacks to regular social events and surprise treats, Egress truly goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment. One of the things I appreciate most about Egress Software is their understanding of the importance of work-life balance. The company offers flexible working arrangements, which allows me to balance my work commitments with my personal life. Additionally, Egress Software is very supportive of employees who are dealing with personal issues or challenges, offering additional support and resources as needed. Finally, I have been consistently impressed by the company's commitment to employee development and growth. Egress offers a wide range of training and development opportunities, including access to online learning resources. Overall, I would highly recommend Egress to anyone looking for a company that truly cares about their employee's well-being and experience. The company's commitment to work-life balance, community building, and employee development sets it apart from other employers and makes it a great place to work.
nothing I can think of
- 5.012 Dec 2022Business AnalystCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
In my position and department, Egress has a lot going for it, such as: * A brilliant flexible working scheme: currently, the ability to take 2 hours off a week (at any point - makes a massive difference), and a few extra half days a year (on top of AL). * Responsibility: As someone early on in their career, I have been given a lot of responsibility in some very important and consequential projects, which is really supercharging my business exposure, and professional development. * Respect: I also feel a great amount of respect from those I'm working with at Egress. * Management: As I am working between many departments, I have multiple 'line managers'. They're all brilliant, and take a genuine interest in me, and my career development, more so than I would have expected. * Personal Development: There's a lot of opportunity at Egress to engage in personal development activities. For example, we have access to some great personal and career development resources, which we're allowed to make time for during the working week. Moreover, our learning and development team put on some brilliant optional internal learning sessions on general topics such as change management, and presentation skills, which you can also seek to receive 1-2-1 guidance for.
* Resource Limitations: It's more a consequence of Egress being a medium sized employer, but I feel that some teams are stretched quite thin. Consequently, pushing through, and having items on your own agenda be actioned, can be quite difficult.
- 5.027 Jul 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
- Talented colleagues - Honesty and transparency - Benefits refresh shows how employees are valued - Career progression is clear - Rewarding work that has a positive impact
- Priorities can change quite quickly which can sometimes be frustrating
- 5.04 Jul 2023Security Operations EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
- Great workspace environment - Opportunities for development - Socials with the team and the whole organisation - Work and personal life balance - Great benefits - Hybrid working - Recognized for the work that you do
- Cannot think of any cons at Egress!
- 5.01 Mar 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee
- Company is full of likeminded and talented individuals that have built a very impressive software platform given the scale of the company - There is a rewarding culture with lots of expensed social events that encourage employee bonding. The close-knit feel of the workforce is the company's biggest asset! - The senior leadership are very approachable and will work with you, not above you. - There are still offices across the UK with a decent amount of regular visitors, despite having flexible working abilities, this is becoming so rare for tech companies and is absolutely something to push as a unique point!
- Sometimes pressure from other departments outside engineering will lead to a weaker software design being selected. It can lead to corner's being cut sometimes with a working solution favored over a polished one.1
Egress Software Technologies Reviews FAQs
Egress Software Technologies has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 163 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at Egress Software Technologies to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.
93% of Egress Software Technologies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Egress Software Technologies 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.