Evidera Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Evidera Reviews

Updated 9 Oct 2019

3.9
Evidera CEO Karen Kaucic (no image)
Karen Kaucic
Cons
  1. "Strong people centred company"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Evidera full-time for more than a year

Pros

A company that has people at the centre with a strong track record in supporting companies with evidence development and generation. A very talented team of consultants that works together to support each other and clients with strong leadership.

Cons

Locational teams focused in hub offices in Europe and US

Advice to Management

Keep on the good work of keeping people at the centre of the organisation

Evidera2019-08-03
  2. "Research Associate II"

I have been working at Evidera full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work

Cons

None to report yet

Evidera2019-05-05
  3. "Great Organization"

Senior Director in London, England

I worked at Evidera for more than 3 years

Pros

work life balance was obtainable

Cons

pleasing senior leadership and business units can be challenging

Evidera2019-01-14
  4. "Consultant"

I worked at Evidera full-time

Pros

Good environment and friendly coworkers

Cons

Location is not very convenient

Evidera2019-01-25

"Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Market Access Writer in London, England

I have been working at Evidera full-time for less than a year

Pros

Where do I start? Fantastic pay, friendly and competent coworkers, interesting projects and all the support and training you could possibly hope for. An amazing opportunity, especially right after academia. The whole company and every process and task are very well-structured, and everyone is always on top of their workload. Evidera recruits people highly-capable of multi-tasking and project management, so even... though there is a lot to do the office never descends into a stressful environment. The work-life balance is great. It's an incredibly productive atmosphere and an great opportunity to learn as much as you can.

Cons

Evaluation of performance is becoming more metric and target driven which can be distracting.

Advice to Management

Continue putting in the recruitment effort necessary to recruit employees of the current caliber, it keeps project work enjoyable.

Evidera2018-06-12

"Great place to work with a lot of opportunities for development"

in Hammersmith, England

I have been working at Evidera

Pros

The MAC team is great, really friendly, knowledgeable and hard working. Everyone is more than happy to lend a helping hand. Evidear offers a flexible working environment which allows people to be responsible for their own workload and outputs. There are many opportunities for professional development. The team champions a healthy work-life balance for all team members.

Cons

The working environment in the MAC team is very fast paced which may not suit everyone.

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow and expand, keep sight of the company ethos.

Evidera2018-06-12

"Thoughtful management and good career progression"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Evidera full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Smart people, good team spirit. The company has a nice blend of individuals at the start of their career and those who are seen as thought leaders within the industry. Together this composition works well and the knowledge exchange works in all directions. I feel I am always learning and developing. The team I work in is both positive and hard-working which makes me look forward to coming into the office each day.

Cons

Like most consultancies there is an increasing focus on performance metrics and targets which can be a distraction from the work itself.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow it will become increasingly important to keep considering each employee as an individual.

Evidera2018-06-12

"Scientifically elite with a great culture"

I have been working at Evidera full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall, a great company and employer with a strong external brand and reputation. Many senior staff are globally renowned experts and always willing to mentor and share their expertise. Internal culture is intrinsically driven by respect and kindness, which is rare to find in a company as elite and driven by aggressive growth.

Cons

Given the rapid growth, there are some growing pains but I'm confident steps are being taken to address them. Career pathways could be clearer

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, but do invest more in to formal staff training and career development programs and continue to expand the global operations support

Evidera2018-03-23

"..."

I worked at Evidera full-time

Pros

Good atmosphere and work life balance

Cons

Staff benefits are dwindling over time

Evidera2017-11-02

"Good consultancy. Depends on team/personality"

Current Employee - Research Associate in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Evidera full-time for more than a year

Pros

In general, Evidera is a very good consultancy to work for. I have read some comments and would like to address a few points. - Team culture and senior personnel attitudes vary significantly between teams. In my opinion, teams do have their own personalities. Some teams are a lot more social than others. Others seem more direct and egotistical. There will never be a workplace where you feel 100% comfortable with... everyone on your team, and as always your experience at work will depend a lot on your manager. - Someone mentioned strong hierarchical attitude - this is not too apparent within my team so I personally have not felt 'looked down upon' by my senior colleagues. Perhaps this is something that varies between business units - In-house training does not seem to be a problem for my team (might be for others); there is a supportive environment for learning. - If you value a motivated and driven environment, Evidera will work well for you. Most people are interested in the job at hand and are very qualified and experienced to produce high quality work. Mangers tend to recognize when you are working hard and performing well, and will subsequently want to give you more responsibilities - not just for the firm but for your professional development. - A good work-life balance is possible, however it is completely down to your own time management skills and your ability to communicate capacity. This means good planning of your workload, well ahead of time (work tends to come in waves as is normal in most consultancy environments); and it means having the ability/confidence to say no when you are not able to take on additional work/projects. I see a lot of people working late every day; I also see people leaving 'on time' every day. - Extremely competitive salary for junior staff, and flexible benefits are definitely desirable. - Good scope for career progression if you join as a junior member of staff; less true for very senior staff but applies everywhere.

Cons

There are not many cons. The ones below are minor nit picking and honestly most could occur anywhere in any workplace. - The fact that team cultures are different between business units (and there is little effort to force us to interact with each other) is a con. - Some teams have very little social aspect of work (not a pro or a con for me, but might be different for others). - Peer feedback is supposed to be... anonymous however directors/managers can see who has provided feedback, so it is not truly anonymous. - Work life balance can suffer if you don't feel comfortable expressing your workload capacity. - High proportion of staff with PhDs; not really a con, but if you don't have a PhD it is easy to feel inadequate, especially if your team does not convey how to progress up the ladder without one. - Little scope for external training. - HR and Recruitment do not necessarily reflect the individual teams' attitudes and personalities, not really a con but may put some people off unnecessarily. - Seems to be little opportunity to work from home. Given the mature environment, and focus on constant workstreams/capacity/deliverables, I think Evidera should trust its staff more - attitudes towards working from home should be more relaxed for junior staff. This would make Evidera really stand out from the crowd.

Advice to Management

Not much to change to be honest; keep up the good work. Make a conscious effort to promote healthy attitudes towards management for line managers and between staff in general. As an employee it would be nice to be trusted to work from home. See 'con' regarding peer feedback.

Evidera2017-04-04