Investigo Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

UK - All Cities

4.5
Nick Baxter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Senior management are very approachable for all types of day to day recruitment advice" (in 17 reviews)

• "Along with very generous commission structures, there are some great incentives such as quarterly high achievers trips, annual away conference, etc" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance could be better" (in 6 reviews)

• "Some attitudes across the business I don't agree with" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Still the best!"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My last 2 years at Investigo has been an absolute blast - the company has provided good learning opportunities, the teams are all very good at what they do and overall employee wellbeing by introducing agile working policy has increasingly become the focus for the company. Via initiatives such as wellbeing days, diversity and inclusion and supporting charities such as the Centre for Mental Health, Investigo continues to grow and learn each year. Excellent leaders at the helm of Investigo have ensured we have consistently been recognised via the numerous awards we continually win. Last but not the least, this is a company that listens to feedback and actions it where reasonable.

To summarise, I am very proud to work for Investigo and am excited to be a part of its future.

Cons

Nothing in particular, however a rethink of the current core working hours could be considered especially since other recruitment firms have done so and have continued their successful reign.

Advice to Management

Fantastic company, culture and vision - I strongly believe this is top-down driven therefore, please continue your amazing work!

12 Nov 2018 – Senior Marketing Executive

Great to see the mention of feedback been given and more important being listened to in your review. We have seen it coming up in a couple of reviews and it is really rewarding to know that efforts... More

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Joining Investigo has been the best career decision that I have made.
    The company offers huge amount of progression and learning opportunities at all levels, their business minded and entrepreneurial approach enables you to build and hire strong internal consultants to continue the growth of the business.
    The culture is great, offering a number of different incentives, wellbeing days and support to smaller charities.
    The access to the management team that have come from varied backgrounds gives you a balanced approach and opportunity for personal growth.

Would recommend the company to any recruiter.

Cons

There isn't any particular cons, if there is an issue and you raise it with the leadership team, it gets actioned within reason!

"Review"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time

Pros

Great people & very collegiate environment

Cons

Still feel that there's too much favouritism & the business is a bit cliquey at time. Investigo is also becoming too LTIP focussed - I feel like people are now pawns in an LTIP game. Nobody has sat down with me to discuss my path in the business & what my personal development plan is.

Advice to Management

Implement salary reviews - pay rises shouldn't just be put down to promotions or handing in your notice to get a counter offer. Ask your employees where they want to go/what they want to achieve in the business. Please get rid of Openblend - it's a complete waste of time.

"Culture needs to change"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent commission structure if you're a TOP biller (if you're not then the thresh hold makes earning commission a hard slog)
    Fantastic marketing team
    The work put in to fundraising for the selected charity each year is amazing

Cons

High turn over of staff due to the increasingly toxic culture
    No longer recruit based on talent / skill but more to reach headcount targets
    Internal politics are very time consuming - shouldn't have to worry about colleagues poaching your jobs and clients
    As headcount has grown and more managers and directors are brought in from external sources, it has turned into a KPI managed business

Advice to Management

Treat staff like they matter day to day, not like they're another cog in a wheel

"Culture needs to be looked at"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong presence of top billers
    Can really excel in your career

Cons

Culture is slightly false as new employees are quickly made aware of the internal politics. Lack of on boarding process, flexibility (no work from home) Employees are expected to work through lunch as there is no place other your desk to eat

Advice to Management

The company say a lot about culture and promote charities and mental health etc but do little for own employees re work / life balance.

"Not what they say it is..."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Investigo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some nice people there. High basic salaries.

Cons

The company is sold as very transparent and ambitious. In reality, they promise the world and deliver on very little. The environment is toxic at every level, with even the Directors backstabbing each other and moaning about the company. You're promised development and help along the way but in fact you get very little, if any.

Most months they send out emails asking employees to post positive reviews on Glassdoor and other surveying sites or competitions they're entering and it paints a very false image - nobody is going to write a negative review with their micromanaging senior stood over their shoulder.

Advice to Management

Focus more on developing your current staff and try to put an end to the "hire, fire" mentality. Be honest about house accounts and the state of a desk or market someone is coming into, your so called "Key Accounts" being a fine example. Also stop pressuring people to post positive reviews.

9 Apr 2019 – Marketing Manager

We are disappointed to hear your experience at Investigo hasn’t been a positive one. We hope you took the opportunity at your exit interview to provide feedback and share some of these frustrations... More

7. "Senior Principal Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Saint Albans, England
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Saint Albans, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Investigo is a highly enjoyable business to work for which is unrecognisable from the company I joined 8 years ago. Our growth is nothing short of exceptional. The working environment is second to non - Inclusive, passionate, supportive and incredibly fun. All my colleagues, from the Admin team to the Senior Directors are a breath of fresh air - Incredibly supportive, professional and approachable. Investigo offers flexibility and unrivalled commission and there is nowhere I would rather work. Massively looking forward to the next 8 years!

Cons

In recruitment you don't stay for 8 years if you're not entirely happy........

22 Jan 2019 – Senior Marketing Executive

You don't stay for 8 years in you're not entirely happy and we are delighted to hear that you are so and looking forward to your next 8 years! It is always so interesting to get insights from those... More

8. "Superb Company"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Guildford, England
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Guildford, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having been a long term employee, I'm leaving the with the utmost respect for the business and with only positive experiences from my time here. The Managers and Directors are supportive, accessible and can invariably impart useful knowledge to ensure you can perform to your full potential. I have seen a certain amount of change over the years, but the business has always managed to stay true to it's values, evolve, and manage to retain and attract the better people this industry has to offer.

On that note, this is Investigo's out and out strength. Recruitment is full of "big personalities" yet Investigo have always managed to attract the more down to earth, authentic and amiable individuals. As us recruiters tend to do - i've kept my options open over the years and taken the odd opportunity to network with competitors. Having done so, I can truly say I've not come across any other businesses who have more to offer than Investigo.

It's also worth noting the businesses ever growing commitment to CSR. It's fantastic to work for a forward thinking company who want to make a genuine difference in this area. I've personally been involved in cycling around Europe and Sky Diving all in the name of charity. The opportunity is there for everyone to support and contribute in any way which suits them.

All in all, great culture, talented people, amazing incentives, generous commission scheme and strong leadership.

Cons

The business is growing fast, so as can be the case when companies expand at a fast rate, some people are being elevated quickly. I've no doubt these people will succeed as Investigo have numerous examples of successful rapid career trajectories - but this is something which needs to be carefully monitored if Investigo are to keep their reputation for strong leadership and management staff you can learn from.

Investigo has an industry leading commission scheme above a certain level. This can make it difficult to attract/retain junior recruiters who occasionally have to wait for some time before they can see the spoils of agency recruitment. This is of course an age old issue of agency recruitment and sales generally, but something to be aware of if the business is going to continue to attract the next generation of talent.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

22 Jan 2019 – Senior Marketing Executive

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to leave us such a considered review. As someone who has or is about the leave the business it is fantastic to hear you talk about your time with... More

"Fantastic culture however KPI‘s for the sake of KPI’s as opposed to top echelon recruitment."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company benefits.

To name a few :

- Ride to work scheme + an annual charity cycle to a European destination
    - Buddy lunch for your first 6 months paid for by the business.
    - Accessible marketing team for your digital paraphernalia that’s turned around quickly by reading in-between the lines and understanding what the area you recruit for.
    - A consistent flow of exciting events throughout the year for everyone to join in and contribute ideas towards.
    - Training at lunchtime to develop skill sets and learn from high billing individuals.

Cons

- The “Agile” working environment is totally different across the business. A grey area. Dependant on Managers mood on the day as opposed to something that’s rolled out across the business.

- Very corporate and no feel of genuine care for employees.

Advice to Management

Speak to employees directly via best practice which is open blend as opposed to assumptions and involvement of other employees.

Egotistical and awkward management styles will tamper with the commitment of passionate staff.

11 Feb 2019 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for leaving us your feedback from your time working at Investigo. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what worked for you and what didn't. You list a great set of pros which... More

"Pros & Cons"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Investigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Business built upon expertise with market-leading consultants
    - Good work/life balance for those that (can) adhere to flexible working
    - Fairly strong brand in the market
    - Largely inclusive environment
    - Good commission scheme (in certain instances)

Cons

- Growing more 'corporate' by the day and forgetting the core values of yesteryear
    - Exodus of strong experienced consultants being replaced by trainees
    - Limited appreciation of achievement; only the very best (or worst) are acknowledged (either financially or nominally)
    - Commission Scheme; structured in such a way that leaving the business will cost dearly (if you are due 'platinum bonus')
    - No commission received upon resignation (even if notice period is worked and recent billings are strong)

Advice to Management

- Speak to your employees (face-to-face); using 3rd party applications, online surveys and other indirect means of communication are not effective in either conflict resolution or positive appraisals

- Value your current employees; an annual pay review wouldn't go amiss for most staff - stop relying on the 'market leading' commission scheme as an excuse

- Be wary of growth and how it is approached:
    i) Financial: Directors' LTIPs cause unnecessary pressure on staff at certain points of the year; stop focusing on hitting momentary financial targets and focus on long-term sustainable growth
    ii) Headcount: there has been a shift away from hiring experienced staff to a 'graduate model'; this has (naturally) instilled a more KPI-driven environment which is innately contradictory to Investigo's founding values

28 Feb 2019 – Senior Marketing Executive

As an ex-employee we really do appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, I know it's not top of your to do list when you're starting somewhere new so thank you for taking the opportunity... More