Investigo Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Nick Baxter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The senior management team are transparent and very approachable (in 13 reviews)

• If you shy away from hard work, Investigo isn't the place for you but guaranteed you will enjoy coming to work everyday if you share the same values (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance could be improved (in 3 reviews)

• KPI driven, bad management and commission structure not as good as they think (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantabulous"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a tough climb but once you get there it is really worth it. There is a very rewarding commission scheme mixed with rewarding internal incentives. It seems like the organisation are genuinely concerned in their own continual development & improvement for the benefit of retaining top tier staff and that grounded sense of humility and inclusiveness very obviously resonates through the company.

Cons

Integration across the company is often spoken about but little is formally done to push this. I would recommend driving hot desking and to consider other initiatives to rotate seats around the company for the benefit of connecting the company better and improving cross-selling.

Advice to Management

Just keep looking at ways to improve things at the bottom line.

17 Jul 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

This feedback is fantabulous! Thank you for taking the time out to leave us a detailed, thoughtful review of your time at Investigo.

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us and you are... More

2. "Inspiring, genuine and very financially rewarding place to work! Very strong leadership!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having worked at Investigo for around 4 years, I have to say that this business still amazes me. They have somehow managed to keep the small business feel, where everyone matters, at the same time as packing a powerful corporate punch, which overall makes it a great place to work.

I have been genuinely inspired by my time here by some very strong leaders, including the recently promoted CEO Nick Baxter.

The whole senior leadership team are very unique and there is a very autonomous culture where even junior consultants joining the business are treated with great respect by the senior managers.

The business is collaborative, innovative and a genuinely fun place to work. For those who achieve, the financial rewards are second to none. The company has a great reputation in the market which has allowed me to break into a new sector and create a thriving business unit in a relatively short space of time.

If you want to enjoy going to work, learn about business and develop on a daily basis and be financially rewarded for your efforts, Investigo is the company you should work for.

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning, generally positive all round.

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring and motivating more junior members of staff, they are the future of the business.

3. "Company & CEO"

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People, Culture, Reward, Progress & Reputation

Since joining here nearly 7 years ago I have been seen the company grow from 60 to close to 200 people. Being part of that journey has been both rewarding & fun. The personalities & culture within the business haven't changed and work is still as fun as the day I walked in.

It's a great place to work where the rewards for hard work are clear to see.

From commission, high achievers trips & quarterly events the business ensures we are engaged in what's going on with the business and allow us plenty of time to integrate.

I think the big thing for me is that it's still a joined up & rewarding environment to work in.

Private Health insurance is a massive bonus as well as the various sporting events we run.

Cons

Working from home could be looked at in more detail.

Advice to Management

Continue to adapt with new trends in terms of lifestyle and the wider market. Look to continue & add to the flexible benefits on offer to suit all. The corporate golf membership was an exceptional perk.

5. "You want to work there!"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England

I worked at Investigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, fun culture.
    Managment styles that suit individual consultants
    Amazing incentives
    Professional
    Mature approach to recruitment
    Invest time in their staff

Cons

Don’t become to larger company, eg: There is a disadvantage to been a PLC.

Advice to Management

Keep the company personalised Continue to reward the high achievers.
    Don’t micro- management too much.

3 Oct 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

"You want to work there!" we couldn't have put it better ourselves what wonderful feedback to hear. I think you have hit the nail on the head with your 'Pros' listing. It is great to see the things... More

6. "Continues to go from strength to strength"

I worked at Investigo full-time

Pros

Generally had a great experience at Investigo. Strong, engaging leadership team and a fun place to work. Strong commission scheme.

Cons

You need to be willing to work very hard if you want to survive

7. "Been with company more the 6 years"

Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in London, England
    Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I know that I worked for a very reputable and professional company .

Cons

Work from Home option should be available to all staff.

Advice to Management

We need to open new horizon .

8. "Great culture, management and transparency"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in London, England
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Investigo has a great culture. The senior management team are transparent and very approachable. Everyone in the company is valued individually and are made to feel that way. At Investigo people are encouraged to develop and grow. Overall a great place to work!

Cons

I couldn't say there are any!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Open, honest and transparent is the way to go

3 Oct 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. it sounds like you are enjoying your working life with investigo. Open, honest and transparent is definitely the way to go! We hope we continue to... More

9. "Great option!"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Investigo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company culture is great. Quite an autonomous environment where management will let you get on with things, provided that you can demonstrate your ability. Good feel about the business day to day, where people are genuinely happy and friendly. Excellent incentive rewards offered to everyone, every QTR. Commission structure reasonably good.

Cons

Promotion criteria, probably could be looked at
    Quite federated in terms of business units
    Work life balance can be looked at, but in comparison to market it's probably one of the better mid-sized agencies

Advice to Management

Maybe the business needs less non-billing management positions...

14 Sep 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a detailed, considered review. Employee, past and present, feedback is so important for us to delve into what makes our people happy and what... More

10. "First 5 weeks"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic training, very friendly environment, great team culture, and very accessible directors and CEO.

Cons

None have appeared at the moment

Advice to Management

Keep the accessibility to senior members in the business.

15 Aug 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time out to leave us a review. It looks like you are a fairly new addition to the Investigo team and as such it is encouraging to see you talk positively about your... More

11. "Great place to work - lots of opportunities"

Current Employee - Director in London, England
    Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Highly entrepreneurial
    Lots of ambition
    Lots of fun
    Great training and development for staff at all levels

Just because the business has grown doesn't mean it is a 'corporate' environment!

Cons

work-life balance could be improved

7 Aug 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Great to get another Director review on here, we appreciate you taking the time to do so. It is really valuable to gain an insight into what it is like to work at Investigo from our colleagues, at... More