Investigo Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.8
Nick Baxter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "work-life balance could be improved" (in 5 reviews)

• "Working hours are 8:30 to 6:00 which is very long compared to other companies" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Happy and Rewarding Place to Work"

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A year into my Investigo journey, I can honestly say that it's been the happiest workplace in my career so far. My team are a friendly, hardworking and intelligent bunch and an absolute joy to work alongside with. This coupled with a wonderfully supportive boss, challenging & rewarding work and a good work-life balance means getting up to come to work every day is genuinely a joy. The senior management team are very capable leaders with great work ethic and extremely approachable - something I have witnessed and experienced first-hand.

When I decided to look for a company with a supportive boss, great work and a stable yet growing and fun workplace, in that order, I knew I had set a tall order. To my great delight though, all these expectations have been happily satisfied and indeed, exceeded expectations since joining Investigo.

Great workplace overall and thoroughly excited to be a part of Investigo's journey :)

Cons

While our work life balance is generally quite good and much better compared to other companies, I feel the working hours could be reduced slightly, i.e., 8.30-5, 9-5.30 or something along those lines. This is because longer hours do not necessarily equate to higher productivity and given that most of us live outside the city, time taken for commuting make a long day even longer leaving little time for anything else. I feel given Investigo’s great ability (& culture) to listen and action, this is something that could be looked into and changes made, even if it means a 30-minute reduction.

Some other suggestions are bi-weekly fruit basket and healthier vending machine snacks maybe :)

Advice to Management

Great company, culture and leaders - please continue doing what you are doing and the company will go places :)

Investigo Response

7 Nov 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such thoughtful feedback. It really is great to get into exactly what draws people to Investigo and more importantly what makes them stay. There is... More

2. "Investigo Summer Conference Review"

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The summer conference is one of the highlights of the year at an amazing location!

It really is so generous that Investigo put on such an amazing day for all its employees. The day starts off with a delicious breakfast before the conference. The presentation is always really funny and engaging and recognises the most successful individuals, and is something to strive towards for the next year for others.

After the conference you are treated to the most amazing buffet lunch of literally anything you could ever imagine!! After lunch is an afternoon of team-building activities which sounds horrendous but is actually really fun, where you get to know other people in the business.

After the activities you can relax in the gorgeous grounds of the Grove - swimming, playing golf, relaxing in your hotel room, having a spa, hitting the bar... then later everyone gets dresseed up for pre-dinner drinks and live music, followed by a three course dinner, fully expensed bar, amazing party, photobooth.. and of course an overnight stay at The Grove, with a full breakfast in the morning to nurse your hangover!

It really does make you feel proud to be part of such an amazing business and I think we are incredibly lucky to be treated like this as I know a lot of businesses that put on simnlar events for their top performers but nothing as inclusive and amazing as such a luxurious day for the whole business to enjoy.

Thanks so much Investigo for another amazing day. Can't wait until the next one!

Cons

Honestly, none ! ! !

3. "Associate Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at Investigo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I haven't been with Investigo long but already so happy with the decision to work here. The best thing about Investigo is the people - they are all hard working, friendly professionals but also know how to have fun and enjoy themselves. The work environment is brilliant and you really are rewarded for hard work with fantastic career progression opportunities and incentives. Investigo is a fantastic company which really lives up to its reputation and will only continue to grow into the future.

Cons

Could not think of anything negative to say about Investigo.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work!

4. "Great company - the people here make it!"

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team - no cliques and a everyone genuinely wants their colleagues to do well and celebrate other people’s success
    Incentives - lots of different things to help celebrate success, from lunches, weekends away to the summer conference at The Grove
    Marketing Team – without a doubt the best team I have met in any agency, constantly driving new content, client events and candidate events and everything is organised so seamlessly!
    Grown up environment – no core hours or people losing the plot if you go out for a coffee at 10am – you are free to manage your time and trusted to as well – quite rare in recruitment…
    Commission - one of the best schemes I have come across in recruitment

Cons

The hours – would be great if the core office hours were reduced to reflect that most people work outside of the office / have work mobiles – but recruitment is always going to be long hours and with flexible working you can tailor your start and finish time around your lifestyle too

5. "Investigo Summer Conference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Investigo part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great day with good company presentations, fabulous food and drink! Really good day of activities ending with a lovely black tie event in the evening

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

6. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Milton Keynes, England
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rewarding, caring, fun, professional company - across all offices!

Cons

Investigo goes against the typical pressure driven typical Recruitment environment by being an enjoyable place to work!

"Simply the best"

Current Employee - Chairman in London, England
    Current Employee - Chairman in London, England

I have been working at Investigo part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This year's annual conference on 6th July 2018 made me feel very proud. I know the weather was kind to us and that the Grove played its part but the morning session was simply exceptional. Anyone new and old couldn’t help but have been impressed by the achievements of the last 12 months and be excited by what lies ahead. The spirit on Friday night was amazing and I’ve never been to an event where there were more people on the dance floor than at the bar.
    The best one yet. Great job everyone.
    Thank you.

Cons

The only area would be that the entrepreneurial nature of the company encourages autonomy which can result in a few paying lip service to certain areas - for example: the value of a robust and well-used CRM.

Advice to Management

The introduction of Open Blend is an exciting development which will help to foster a genuine coaching mentality at every level. Every support should be given to L&D to make this part of the fabric of the company. The great news is that the CEO is the main sponsor which should ensure its success.

8. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic talented people who are professional and friendly. The rewards for high performance are generous and market leading. The company has seen tremendous growth over the years and on this trajectory, the future is looking bright.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep the same entrepreneurial spirit.

9. "A great place to be..."

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, flexibility, surrounded by quality Consultants & amazing rewards

Cons

hard to say the business is flexible to support a range of personal needs.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

10. "Executive Director"

Current Employee - Director in London, England
    Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mature environment which retains a very entrepreneurial, dynamic culture. High standards of billings productivity across the business and a genuine passion for creating a 'best in class' environment

Cons

It's a fast-paced business that's grown phenomenally well over the last decade and a few of the staff that have been here a long time can struggle to appreciate the benefits of changes in the business.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - it's an inspiring place to be!