Investigo Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Nick Baxter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Fun and positive environment to work in" (in 10 reviews)

• "Senior management are very approachable for all types of day to day recruitment advice" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "work-life balance could be improved" (in 5 reviews)

• "Genuinely there aren't any - as is usual in the recruitment industry, hours are long but they actually don't feel like it here" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Happy and Rewarding Place to Work"

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A year into my Investigo journey, I can honestly say that it's been the happiest workplace in my career so far. My team are a friendly, hardworking and intelligent bunch and an absolute joy to work alongside with. This coupled with a wonderfully supportive boss, challenging & rewarding work and a good work-life balance means getting up to come to work every day is genuinely a joy. The senior management team are very capable leaders with great work ethic and extremely approachable - something I have witnessed and experienced first-hand.

When I decided to look for a company with a supportive boss, great work and a stable yet growing and fun workplace, in that order, I knew I had set a tall order. To my great delight though, all these expectations have been happily satisfied and indeed, exceeded expectations since joining Investigo.

Great workplace overall and thoroughly excited to be a part of Investigo's journey :)

Cons

While our work life balance is generally quite good and much better compared to other companies, I feel the working hours could be reduced slightly, i.e., 8.30-5, 9-5.30 or something along those lines. This is because longer hours do not necessarily equate to higher productivity and given that most of us live outside the city, time taken for commuting make a long day even longer leaving little time for anything else. I feel given Investigo’s great ability (& culture) to listen and action, this is something that could be looked into and changes made, even if it means a 30-minute reduction.

Some other suggestions are bi-weekly fruit basket and healthier vending machine snacks maybe :)

Advice to Management

Great company, culture and leaders - please continue doing what you are doing and the company will go places :)

7 Nov 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such thoughtful feedback. It really is great to get into exactly what draws people to Investigo and more importantly what makes them stay. There is... More

2. "Still the best!"

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My last 2 years at Investigo has been an absolute blast - the company has provided good learning opportunities, the teams are all very good at what they do and overall employee wellbeing by introducing agile working policy has increasingly become the focus for the company. Via initiatives such as wellbeing days, diversity and inclusion and supporting charities such as the Centre for Mental Health, Investigo continues to grow and learn each year. Excellent leaders at the helm of Investigo have ensured we have consistently been recognised via the numerous awards we continually win. Last but not the least, this is a company that listens to feedback and actions it where reasonable.

To summarise, I am very proud to work for Investigo and am excited to be a part of its future.

Cons

Nothing in particular, however a rethink of the current core working hours could be considered especially since other recruitment firms have done so and have continued their successful reign.

Advice to Management

Fantastic company, culture and vision - I strongly believe this is top-down driven therefore, please continue your amazing work!

3. "A rewarding, engaging and empowering place to work."

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England
    Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture here is second to none; absolutely a high-performance culture but a humble one that seeks out and responds to feedback.

Cons

As in any recruitment business, the hours can be long. That is driven solely by you however as the business actively encourages flexible working.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

4. "What is it really like at Investigo?"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company really value its staff. The incentives and culture is brilliant. Yes, like any recruitment role (or any sales role) it can be tough. However, if you apply yourself, trust your managers and listen - then the structure in place is second to none. Unlike some recruitment firms ive worked for, the leadership here are true experts in their field, with many years of experience under their belt.
    Whether you are an experienced recruiter or new to it, the platform for earning big commisions is fantastic. The career progression is clear so its really in your hands how quickly you progress.

Cons

As the business grows and with new ownership, the business will inevitably curve towards a more KPI driven environment. Which if not managed properly will leave senior recruiters disgruntled.

Advice to Management

Remember what made the business so successful; its staff and culture. Don't be another recruitment firm that focuses on KPIs. Trust that you are hiring the best people and give them the support and freedom to be motivated enough to achieve their goals.

9 Oct 2018 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you very much for taking the time (and on a Sunday as well!) to leave us your candid insight into what it is really like to work for Investigo, it is greatly appreciated. We are pleased to see... More

5. "Great company to work for, fantastic team and culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, fun, fantastic team and rewards!
    No day feels the same. Amazing energy from everyone in my team which makes Investigo a great working environment.

Cons

None. Keep doing what your doing.

Advice to Management

None.

2 Oct 2018 – Senior Marketing Executive

Looks like Investigo is ticking all the boxes for you and we are always pleased to hear that! We hope you continue to have fun, take up the challenges and reap the rewards and grow your career with... More

6. "Work"

I have been working at Investigo full-time

Pros

flexy working, health insruance, discounted gym memberships

Cons

dont get to do events with the whole company anymore (e.g. quarterlys, no xmas party etc..)

8 Oct 2018 – Senior Marketing Executive

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. From your feedback it looks like we are getting some of it right but could be doing better in other areas. Always good to hear flexible hours... More

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Investigo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The great thing about Investigo is that you're treated like an adult and are allowed to run your own desk and manage it in the way you want. The people are great and they hold various events throughout the year and they are amazing. It's a really fun place to work and also the money is great, both in terms of base salary and potential commission. And they offer flexible working hours.

Cons

The only downside is that the hours are quite long, but most recruitment roles have these hours. The hours are flexible though which helps.

10 Sep 2018 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your employee feedback does go straight back into the business and helps to create the workplace we all want to to work in at Investigo. So many... More

8. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic talented people who are professional and friendly. The rewards for high performance are generous and market leading. The company has seen tremendous growth over the years and on this trajectory, the future is looking bright.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep the same entrepreneurial spirit.

10 Sep 2018 – Senior Marketing Executive

We are delighted to see this review given your tenure with the business we couldn't ask for much more than no cons that come to mind! we hope to keep providing you with a well rewarded challenging... More

9. "Associate Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at Investigo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I haven't been with Investigo long but already so happy with the decision to work here. The best thing about Investigo is the people - they are all hard working, friendly professionals but also know how to have fun and enjoy themselves. The work environment is brilliant and you really are rewarded for hard work with fantastic career progression opportunities and incentives. Investigo is a fantastic company which really lives up to its reputation and will only continue to grow into the future.

Cons

Could not think of anything negative to say about Investigo.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work!

4 Sep 2018 – Senior Marketing Executive

Great to get an insight into working for Investigo from our Associate Consultant community. We appreciate for many at this level you could be just starting your career in recruitment and we are... More

10. "Great company - the people here make it!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team - no cliques and a everyone genuinely wants their colleagues to do well and celebrate other people’s success
    Incentives - lots of different things to help celebrate success, from lunches, weekends away to the summer conference at The Grove
    Marketing Team – without a doubt the best team I have met in any agency, constantly driving new content, client events and candidate events and everything is organised so seamlessly!
    Grown up environment – no core hours or people losing the plot if you go out for a coffee at 10am – you are free to manage your time and trusted to as well – quite rare in recruitment…
    Commission - one of the best schemes I have come across in recruitment

Cons

The hours – would be great if the core office hours were reduced to reflect that most people work outside of the office / have work mobiles – but recruitment is always going to be long hours and with flexible working you can tailor your start and finish time around your lifestyle too

4 Sep 2018 – Senior Marketing Executive

This is a list of pros to be proud of and not just because the Marketing team appears amongst it (thank you!). I think you have hit upon some of the most important differentiators that make... More