Investigo Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

4.7
Nick Baxter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Senior management are very approachable for all types of day to day recruitment advice (in 15 reviews)

• It sounds cliche' to say but it genuinely makes coming into work an absolute pleasure (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance could be improved (in 4 reviews)

• KPI driven, bad management and commission structure not as good as they think (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Happy and Rewarding Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A year into my Investigo journey, I can honestly say that it's been the happiest workplace in my career so far. My team are a friendly, hardworking and intelligent bunch and an absolute joy to work alongside with. This coupled with a wonderfully supportive boss, challenging & rewarding work and a good work-life balance means getting up to come to work every day is genuinely a joy. The senior management team are very capable leaders with great work ethic and extremely approachable - something I have witnessed and experienced first-hand.

When I decided to look for a company with a supportive boss, great work and a stable yet growing and fun workplace, in that order, I knew I had set a tall order. To my great delight though, all these expectations have been happily satisfied and indeed, exceeded expectations since joining Investigo.

Great workplace overall and thoroughly excited to be a part of Investigo's journey :)

Cons

While our work life balance is generally quite good and much better compared to other companies, I feel the working hours could be reduced slightly, i.e., 8.30-5, 9-5.30 or something along those lines. This is because longer hours do not necessarily equate to higher productivity and given that most of us live outside the city, time taken for commuting make a long day even longer leaving little time for anything else. I feel given Investigo’s great ability (& culture) to listen and action, this is something that could be looked into and changes made, even if it means a 30-minute reduction.

Some other suggestions are bi-weekly fruit basket and healthier vending machine snacks maybe :)

Advice to Management

Great company, culture and leaders - please continue doing what you are doing and the company will go places :)

7 Nov 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such thoughtful feedback. It really is great to get into exactly what draws people to Investigo and more importantly what makes them stay. There is... More

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Investigo full-time

Pros

Super transparent, great culture, excellent service standards

Cons

I can think of no negatives so far

11 Dec 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Short but super! Thank you very much for leaving us a review on what it is like to work at Investigo. We always enjoy seeing transparency listed as a 'Pro' and we are absolutely delighted to see... More

3. "Company overview / Personal Experience at Investigo"

I have been working at Investigo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people, great working environment in a business that helps you thrive and achieve the best you possibly can. Some fantastic rewards and incentives to encourage you!

Cons

Some may find it a negative, but I personally do not, you get out what you put in. So if you are willing to work hard and put the time in then you will be rewarded. At Investigo that means both in terms of satisfaction but also monetary rewards, perks and holidays to name a few!

5. "Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Saint Albans, England
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Saint Albans, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive, Professional, Fun and Flexible place to work with talented colleagues.

Cons

Working in Central St Albans is hard on the wallet at lunch time.

11 Dec 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Ha, ha, there is so much choice for lunch/shopping in St Albans I see your problem! Very tempting to have a lunchtime shopping trip.
    Great to get feedback from another of our regional offices... More

6. "New Starter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Oxford, England
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Oxford, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Team Culture; Mature Environment; Entrepreneurial

Cons

Sometimes more support would be useful when starting new business areas, including more clarity across regional areas and historic clients within those areas.

7. "A rewarding, engaging and genuinely enjoyable place to work!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England
    Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Investigo is a mature, yet fun atmosphere that truly lives up to it's values. Everyone I've encountered here seems happy to go out of their way to help each other and for a recruitment business, that it pretty unique. I have been in recruitment for over five years and genuinely feel that by working here, I am working with some of the best Consultants, Managers and Directors in the industry!

Cons

There genuinely is very little to complain about - as long as we retain our incredible culture as we grow, it will continue to be an amazing place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

8. "Amazing culture and true entrepreneurial feel"

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone has the opportunity to become truly specialist in their market, supported by expert recruiters at all levels
    Autonomous and entrepreneurial approach which allows everyone to run their desk and business in the way they feel best
    Senior management very visible and everything is transparent - growth is talked about every day and always willing to take new ideas and initiatives
    Reward and incentives are excellent and much better than any other business

Cons

Due to the autonomous culture, sometimes expectations aren't laid out as clearly as they could be but help is always available if you ask for it

5 Dec 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback for your time at Investigo so far.

It sounds like you are enjoying it here and we are always delighted to hear that! We... More

9. "Autonomous, entrepreneurial environment with great rewards!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Investigo part-time

Pros

Having worked in the industry for over 10 years I can honestly say Investigo is a fantastic place to work. Success is celebrated, staff are rewarded very well and everyone is treated fairly. The business is forward thinking and there are no egos. The commission scheme is one of the best in the market and the business appreciates the importance of a good work life balance and have recently introduced flexible working for the entire workforce. Great company !

Cons

None that come to mind

Advice to Management

Carry on you're doing a great job

4 Dec 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

What great feedback to receive! Given your tenure and experience within the industry we are delighted to hear that Investigo is fairing pretty well. Autonomy, the entrepreneurial environment and the... More

10. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Oxford, England
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Oxford, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, high performing staff and supportive management

Cons

lesser known brand at the moment in regions

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!

27 Nov 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Fantastic to get a review from our most recently opened office. Thank you we appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. Sounds like you feel you have the right mix of pros to support... More

11. "Investigo Life"

Current Employee - Director in London, England
    Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Investigo is a great culture to be part of. It is open, honest and there are no egos. Decisions are made quickly and if the staff suggest sensible changes, the guys at the top listen and make it happen.

Cons

Nothing significant to speak of. We seem to have lost some experienced faces recently, so we need to make sure the newer talent is up to speed quickly.

Advice to Management

Market research on our brand may be a useful idea? Having worked elsewhere, I can confidently say we are one of the few businesses that is exactly what it says on the tin. Given the awards and accolades we have won, I am baffled by we don't have more recruiters knocking on our door.

27 Nov 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

I like the idea of being exactly what it says on the tin. We aspire to be exactly that and we are so glad that this has been your experience too. I too feel we are incredibly lucky to have an open... More