O2 O2 Guru Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

O2 CEO Mark Evans
Mark Evans
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible working is also great although the management often forget that its the backbone to our culture when they make changes to the business (in 17 reviews)

• amazing culture, great benefits, flexible work life balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of travel to and from Head office (in 3 reviews)

• Call volumes could be challenging due to staffing levels (in 2 reviews)

1. "O2"

Current Employee - O2 Guru in Newport, Newport, Wales
    Current Employee - O2 Guru in Newport, Newport, Wales

I have been working at O2 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting new people and dealing with different situations everyday.

Cons

Long hours in certain stores but overall enjoyable.

Advice to Management

Bonuses are calculated in an odd way. I want to know what I can earn not memorize a million percentages of this and that and the other that I COULD be earning.

O2 Response

4 Sep 2017 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - your opinion really does matter to us. Great to hear that you love meeting new people in the role that you do and dealing with different situations... More

2. This is the end of reviews that meet your filter criteria (UK - All Cities). Below you will find more reviews from other countries

"Stressful but rewarding, they suck you into the brand. Usual retail negatives but generally decent towards employees."

Former Employee - O2 Guru
    Former Employee - O2 Guru

I worked at O2 full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Re: retail store- Interesting job, lots of new tech to play with. Always changing. Achievable bonus. If you're smart there's extra money to be made in vouchers & quality performance incentives. Stable job (many staff with over 10 years service). Progression opportunities exist. Flexible benefits. Full sick pay. Staff discount.

Cons

Stressful. You'll deal with a lot of issues and complaints. Some people are very emotionally attached to their phones and when there's a problem they can on occasion behave quite inappropriately. There are quite a few different sales targets, requirements and measures to juggle which can seem daunting but with practice it'll get easier. Can be very busy job, some locations quieter than others. Work most weekends/bank holidays. No holidays allowed in December. There is a constant pressure to sell. Training & accreditation platforms exist but they're more box ticking than useful.

Advice to Management

Keep it simple, you have a tendency to overcomplicate things. This goes all the way up the ladder. How many plates can you spin before you drop one? Can you see how this is making you less productive?