Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

4.3

3,963 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work/life balance is not perfect but a big step above other companies I have worked for" (in 285 reviews)

• "I really like the 1-1-1 model that allows us to volunteer up to 7 days per year" (in 119 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/Life balance is difficult at times" (in 205 reviews)

• "Fast-paced environment means that there can be an overwhelming number of firedrills" (in 78 reviews)

1. "Outstanding Company"

Pros

World’s #1 CRM: Salesforce is #1 in Sales Applications, Salesforce is #1 in Customer Service Applications, Salesforce is #1 in Marketing Applications

Cons

There are no Cons to share

"Heroku"

Current Employee - Principal Member of Technical Staff
    Current Employee - Principal Member of Technical Staff

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Heroku has had its ups and downs over the last few years as it has become more integrated with the larger Salesforce org, but it still feels staffed by the best minds in the business, and I love the product that we make. Salesforce itself has all the pros and cons of a large org, complete with hawaiian culture kool-aid and large-org inertia, but on the whole it feels like Benioff puts his money where his mouth is on societal issues, in a way that few corporate titans do. They're generous when it comes to family and benefits and have a corporate culture of giving.

Inside Heroku, we are still a little bit inside our purple-tinted bubble. On balance it feels like the engineers, junior to senior, are a standard deviation or two above the median. The problems we solve are difficult and satisfying. The business is large and the opportunity remains even larger. It feels miraculous that we operate a product at such crazy scale with so few people, and speaks to our expertise in building scalable, automated things.

Cons

These are more Heroku issues than Salesforce issues.

We were (and still are) strapped for headcount over many years. This leads to serious team health issues and burnout. Exec is keenly aware of the issue and taking steps to fix it, but it should never have gotten this bad.

At the moment, our product org is also sorely understaffed following turnover and departures, which means that many engineering teams don't have anyone to help them make sound product choices. We get by, but the product roles are critical, and the product managers we have are spread way too thin. As above, our exec team is aware of the problem and trying to hire as fast as they can.

These are short- to medium-term issues. I believe they'll get worked out and we'll have smoother sailing in a few months.

Longer term, my larger concern is complacency. I don't know if Heroku/Salesforce has the gumption to make the big bets to really grow our business and remain relevant for the next epoch. For the last decade we've made it drastically simpler to run compute workloads in the cloud, and it's built a large and successful business. With containerization catching on and tooling becoming more mature, we're being commoditized. I don't know that exec has the appetite to determine what the next "git push heroku master" is, and allocate enough resources to pursue it. That feels like an existential threat.

Advice to Management

I get that right now we're focused on health, and that's great. I want to get a sense for how we're going to be relevant in 4 years.

"Not what it says on the tin!"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in London, England
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in London, England

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible salary & benefits, including time off for Volunteering.

Cons

A cut-throat environment/ dog-eat-dog world.

Advice to Management

Align with your company values and treat your staff like human beings!

4. "Account Executive ECS"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

there can be a lot of pressure on the sale side

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Platform Specialist in London, England
    Current Employee - Platform Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with Transformative technology that has no limits

Cons

Some growing pains in terms of processes but nothing that cant be overcome with some 121 Support

Advice to Management

Focus on Customer Success and the rest will follow

"Not a fan"

Former Employee - Management in London, England
    Former Employee - Management in London, England

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free snacks sn end of quarter celebrations

Cons

Bad management, poor hr, lots of clickiness, bad behaviour tolerated

Advice to Management

Remove be managers who you know to bully and demonstrate bad behaviour , you are damaging your reputation by tolerating bad behaviour my management.

"Great Company - shame about the specific management team"

Former Employee - Senior Principal Success Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Success Manager in London, England

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great dynamic company with creative, smart and energetic staff. Good pay and benefits. Great charitable, diversity and equality principles. Fantastic products you can be proud of.

Cons

Sales trumps all attitude impacting what is best for the customer at times.
    Immature HR processes still learning to deal with rapid growth and the impacts of that as the power of mid/ lower leadership increase in any corporation.

Advice to Management

It's important to have a strong ethos and talk the talk but Ohana needs to be more than talk. As you organically grow (super fast) and your people rise with that growth, leadership skills need validating and care must be taken as fiefdoms and personal career ambitions can create negative behaviours.

8. "Senior AE"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The stuff around putting the customer first is all true. The company gears everything towards making customers successful with the best technology, the best people and the best ideas (because technology is just technology if it is not doing the right thing). The benefits, facilities and opportunities are sector leading

Cons

Like any business it can hire some poor managers. It takes people in from rival businesses and whereas they often bring new and strong ideas on how Salesforce can develop they can also bring an old fashioned IT industry attitude of negative pressure and blame.

Advice to Management

Treat your people the way the company treats you. Listen to some of those Steve Jobs quotes.

"Solution Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic Environment, Loads of opportunities to shine with customers, prospects and events, Loads of things to learn, Very committed team, Great individuals and Great Flexibility on where and how to work.

Cons

Sometimes the information is too much to handle it properly

10. "Senior BDR"

Current Employee - London in London, England
    Current Employee - London in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great parties and fun family culture

Cons

too much admin all the time

Showing 3,963 of 4,257 reviews