Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends

2,934 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Probably couldn't find a better work-life balance anywhere in the bay (in 206 reviews)

• great culture and 1/1/1 is inspiring (in 91 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a challenge but it is supported by management (in 164 reviews)

• Fast paced environment with steep ramp up (in 94 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"What a place to work!"

Current Employee - Employee Success in Staines, England
    Current Employee - Employee Success in Staines, England

Pros

- Constant communication so you are aware of all of the new and exciting things that are happening across the business
    - Endless, amazing volunteering opportunities to give back to the community - 56 hours a year!
    - Colleagues across the business listen and are interested in advising in terms of career development
    - Lots of opportunity to learn and develop knowledge through seminars, round tables and lunch & learns
    - Wellness is one of the key values at Salesforce and it definitely shows - our benefits are second to none!

Cons

- Some teams don't practice all of the values of Salesforce, they only focus in on a couple - transparency is one that I feel needs to be developed more
    - London and Staines are very separate entities. By bringing more seminars and events to Staines, it will enrich the culture and lay some of the pressure off of the work space issue in London

Advice to Management

- All teams embody all of the values Salesforce is built on
    - Managers to commit to engaging with employees regularly (1:1's) - some of these are missed or moved out for weeks on end, which can be demotivating

2. "Awesome Culture"

Current Employee - Business Architect in London, England
    Current Employee - Business Architect in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture: Salesforce Ohana, Customer Focus;
    People Focus: Ideas; Developments; Experience
    Events: Almost monthly customer events (World Tours and Dreamforce)
    Overall Package: Wellness, Stock, Remuneration

Cons

As Salesforce grows, we are experiencing lots of new developments in-terms of practice and process. Many will see this as a problem... I see this as an opportunity

Advice to Management

Continue to let employees experiment with ideas

3. "Sourcing Team"

Current Employee - sourcing category manager in London, England
    Current Employee - sourcing category manager in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, opportunities, benefits and salary. Career development second to none. Company Growing rapidly. Staff are looked after and peers genuinely care. Amazing community/charity giving back program - staff actively encourage to volunteer 7 days per year during normal working hours (inc as part of annual Goals). Manager / company very appreciative of goals achieved / job done

Cons

Extremely busy role with veryoften not enough hours in the day to achieve the days goals. Late nights and weekend work sometimes required to complete a project but the salary and benefits outweigh this negative and the company is very appreciative.

Recruitment process is long and intense to ensure you are a proper fit for the company / culture / team you are joining.

5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director in London, England
    Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, amazing people, great results.

Cons

Intensity level of growing at current pace and scale is not for everyone

"Mixed"

Former Employee - Anon in London, England
    Former Employee - Anon in London, England

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a great product, and a company that is growing very fast with lots of opportunity. And I was lucky to have a great boss and be part of a successful and fun team. If you land in the right team and BU at Salesforce it can be great.

Cons

Very demanding place to work. All the free treats and food you can eat don't make up for the stress levels.

A lot of politics and arrogant management, totally out of touch, especially in the UK.

So much marketing and self-congratulation about how 'amazing' Salesforce is, that it gets exhausting and counter productive.

Its a constant diet of drum banging and saccharine PR - about the foundation, equality, product etc. In my opinion, doing good should be done for the right reasons - not to seek congratulation and use it as a marketing angle.

Advice to Management

Tone it down and try to focus more on weeding out the passive aggressive managers that don't fit what Ohana is meant to be about

Salesforce Response

3 Jun 2017 – EVP, Global Employee Success

Thank you for your feedback. Upleveling managers is a top priority for us. That's why we have many resources available to help our managers do their best including our "Manage the Salesforce Way ... More

7. "Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Highly innovative technology always looking to extend the customer experience is always well received by both customers and prospects. Culture is good.

Cons

Delivery of projects is still old school with SI's not as innovative as SFDC.

8. "Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Mid Market Account Executive in London, England
    Current Employee - Mid Market Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture of the company is amazing, everything revolves around growth. Really supportive structure, great access to c-level with business transformational projects. Good commission structure too.

Cons

Difficult to standardise territories to give individuals an equal chance of success.

"Ohana: The Great Coverup"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

- Great Benefits
    - Good salary
    - Time off to volunteer (7 days per year)
    - Good philanthropic model
    - Nice offices (for the most part)

Cons

Marketing marketing marketing. The company endlessly trumpets its supposed wonderfulness to the point where it feels like working in an endless commercial. There seems to be a huge push to constantly market the company both externally *and* internally; having the 'culture' shoved down our throats constantly.

The company seems to spend an awful lot of money on fluffy extras (like pillows for all employees to put their mobile phones on at their desks, and professionally produced promotional videos for internal-only items) whilst asking employees not to use Roaming Data whilst abroad on business, and only allowing VPs to fly comfortably (some are more equal than others in this Ohana).

PR touts Salesforce as a cutting edge company, but back-office systems are ancient and technology stacks are not integrated after years - there is a big disconnect between PR and reality, but the 'Ohana' papers over the cracks.

Every All Hands address starts with 10 minutes of pom-pom waving cheerleading about how amazing we are. It gets tiresome.

Advice to Management

Be honest with yourselves about the shortcomings of the many products and talk to your employees about how we're going to tackle them, rather than just banging on about how amazing we are.

Stop forcing endless internal PR down our throats. If the company is so great, trust people to come to that decision on their own - and if it's not, listen to their feedback and MAKE it great. Saying something is amazing over and over again does not make it so.

"Top class employer"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

7 days a year paid time off to volunteer (VTO) for the charity of your choice. Fabulous offices. Pay, pensions, wellness payments, yoga, bike racks, central london. A CEO who really wants to change the world and believes in doing the right thing.

Cons

Nothing that would make you think twice about signing up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

11. "A company that takes care of its employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salesforce understands that happy employees work better and makes sure you are happy, through good salary, benefits, flexible working, great offices, a diverse employee population, etc...

Cons

We work way too much. It's not necessarily that there's management pressure for it, but we just feel passionate about the company and our work, so we end up working all the time. It takes conscious personal and management efforts to ensure we stick to not working, evenings, on weekends and holidays.

Advice to Management

transparency about career progression is still not the best it could be.

Showing 2,934 of 3,090 reviews