Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marc Benioff
2,047 Ratings

2,800 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • You can often struggle with your work/life balance based on the YoY high-growth demands (in 162 reviews)

• Fast paced, expect to be held to quota every month (in 90 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"What a place to work!"

Current Employee - Employee Success in Staines, England
    Current Employee - Employee Success in Staines, England

Pros

- Constant communication so you are aware of all of the new and exciting things that are happening across the business
    - Endless, amazing volunteering opportunities to give back to the community - 56 hours a year!
    - Colleagues across the business listen and are interested in advising in terms of career development
    - Lots of opportunity to learn and develop knowledge through seminars, round tables and lunch & learns
    - Wellness is one of the key values at Salesforce and it definitely shows - our benefits are second to none!

Cons

- Some teams don't practice all of the values of Salesforce, they only focus in on a couple - transparency is one that I feel needs to be developed more
    - London and Staines are very separate entities. By bringing more seminars and events to Staines, it will enrich the culture and lay some of the pressure off of the work space issue in London

Advice to Management

- All teams embody all of the values Salesforce is built on
    - Managers to commit to engaging with employees regularly (1:1's) - some of these are missed or moved out for weeks on end, which can be demotivating

2. "A company that takes care of its employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salesforce understands that happy employees work better and makes sure you are happy, through good salary, benefits, flexible working, great offices, a diverse employee population, etc...

Cons

We work way too much. It's not necessarily that there's management pressure for it, but we just feel passionate about the company and our work, so we end up working all the time. It takes conscious personal and management efforts to ensure we stick to not working, evenings, on weekends and holidays.

Advice to Management

transparency about career progression is still not the best it could be.

"Ohana: The Great Coverup"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

- Great Benefits
    - Good salary
    - Time off to volunteer (7 days per year)
    - Good philanthropic model
    - Nice offices (for the most part)

Cons

Marketing marketing marketing. The company endlessly trumpets its supposed wonderfulness to the point where it feels like working in an endless commercial. There seems to be a huge push to constantly market the company both externally *and* internally; having the 'culture' shoved down our throats constantly.

The company seems to spend an awful lot of money on fluffy extras (like pillows for all employees to put their mobile phones on at their desks, and professionally produced promotional videos for internal-only items) whilst asking employees not to use Roaming Data whilst abroad on business, and only allowing VPs to fly comfortably (some are more equal than others in this Ohana).

PR touts Salesforce as a cutting edge company, but back-office systems are ancient and technology stacks are not integrated after years - there is a big disconnect between PR and reality, but the 'Ohana' papers over the cracks.

Every All Hands address starts with 10 minutes of pom-pom waving cheerleading about how amazing we are. It gets tiresome.

Advice to Management

Be honest with yourselves about the shortcomings of the many products and talk to your employees about how we're going to tackle them, rather than just banging on about how amazing we are.

Stop forcing endless internal PR down our throats. If the company is so great, trust people to come to that decision on their own - and if it's not, listen to their feedback and MAKE it great. Saying something is amazing over and over again does not make it so.

5. "Top class employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

7 days a year paid time off to volunteer (VTO) for the charity of your choice. Fabulous offices. Pay, pensions, wellness payments, yoga, bike racks, central london. A CEO who really wants to change the world and believes in doing the right thing.

Cons

Nothing that would make you think twice about signing up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

6. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic suite of expanding market leading products allowing you to resonate with most customers interested in innovating and bringing their business to the next level. Autonomy to get out there and sell without too much interference as long as you are closing!!

Cons

Too many sales people and ever diminishing territories. Lower than average basic salary and huge competition for management roles within sales. High attrition of AE's with new new hires from outside poorly supported with a high failure rate.

Advice to Management

Promote more people internally and across region. Stop hiring mediocre talent from outside into senior roles.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England
    Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company good introduction into the world of SaaS selling. Thier are so many pros working for Salesforce, for example, the offices in Heron Tower are breathtaking - will inspire anyone. The quarterly Town Halls are great to keep everyone geed up and in the know. Great insight into some of the top businesses in the world and you get to speak with and learn from some of the best in the industry.

Cons

Management or lack of Management. Misunderstanding in selling solutions - so many solutions when faced with a customer can become confusing to the customer what exactly they are speaking to SF.com about. Is it a CRM, Marketing Platform, Lead gen, Web Personalisation, Ad platform, Services?? I feel the AE's are sometimes spread to thin with so much to offer.

Advice to Management

I would have stayed at Salesforce.com until now if I wasn't working under one of the worst Managers in my career - I believe this was bad luck more than a normal practice at Salesforce. I would highly recommend focusing on leaders with morals and character, then simply bottom line and numbers achieved.

8. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in London, England
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in London, England

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Huge focus on personal development
    Amazing perks
    Great colleagues
    Internal progression

Cons

Moving elsewhere will make you consider your decision

Advice to Management

Doing great, keep up the good job!

9. "Exciting Workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team of people
    Diversity promoted
    Work life balance
    Opportunity for growth
    High energy environment
    Philanthropy promoted

Cons

High-Pressure Environment
    Management from dashboards
    Self-Training

Advice to Management

Get to know employees better
    Stop hiding behind dashboards

Salesforce Response

23 Mar 2017 – EVP, Global Employee Success

Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you have been enjoying your time the past few years, and living our values: Giving Back and Equality. Thank you also for your thoughts on our ... More

"Best place to work yourself to death"

Former Employee - Engineer in London, England
    Former Employee - Engineer in London, England

I worked at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free fruit free coffee free chocolate.
    You learn many technical skills and good company to have on CV

Cons

8 cases per day unmanageable. Exhausted to such an extent you have no energy to even go out on the weekends.
    Salesforce is all work and more work unrealistic figures made up on the fly.
    It is pure exploitation and I resigned for the simple reason it took a toll on my health. You can't keep up this pace with out screwing your health.

It's a good name to have on your CV stay a year and leave if you care about your well being.

Advice to Management

Before you come up with unrealistic targets try and proof yourself you can do it.

11. "New to Salesforce as a CSM"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The place is welcoming. When they talk about Employee Success they mean it. On my first day induction, a member of the leadership team gave us a number of tips, the top 2 were, 'Look after yourself' and 'Look after your work/life balance'. I've worked at some big organisations and this appears on the list with them, but somewhere in the middle! They take philanthropy seriously, its in the DNA of the firm from it's inception, so although its early on in my career, I really feel like I'll be able to make a difference here.

Cons

The culture can be a bit cheesy and cringe worthy and I believe that change is a constant. I don't see that as a Con personally, but it maybe for other people.

Showing 2,800 of 2,944 reviews