Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

4.2

3,055 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Probably couldn't find a better work-life balance anywhere in the bay (in 221 reviews)

• great culture and 1/1/1 is inspiring (in 94 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a challenge but it is supported by management (in 167 reviews)

• Fast paced, expect to be held to quota every month (in 95 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"What a place to work!"

Current Employee - Employee Success in Staines, England
    Current Employee - Employee Success in Staines, England

Pros

- Constant communication so you are aware of all of the new and exciting things that are happening across the business
    - Endless, amazing volunteering opportunities to give back to the community - 56 hours a year!
    - Colleagues across the business listen and are interested in advising in terms of career development
    - Lots of opportunity to learn and develop knowledge through seminars, round tables and lunch & learns
    - Wellness is one of the key values at Salesforce and it definitely shows - our benefits are second to none!

Cons

- Some teams don't practice all of the values of Salesforce, they only focus in on a couple - transparency is one that I feel needs to be developed more
    - London and Staines are very separate entities. By bringing more seminars and events to Staines, it will enrich the culture and lay some of the pressure off of the work space issue in London

Advice to Management

- All teams embody all of the values Salesforce is built on
    - Managers to commit to engaging with employees regularly (1:1's) - some of these are missed or moved out for weeks on end, which can be demotivating

2. "Incroyable"

Pros

ADN, Workplace, 1-1-1 model, Compensation, Flexibility

Cons

Huge amount of work for a small team

3. "Account Executive UK Commercial Business Unit London"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Visionary CEO and a best in class product. San Fran is full of smart people and the executive team and board are very impressive. Dreamforce and SF London event are amazing customers events. Some customers see big benefits from using Salesforce and become great advocates. Free stuff in office (food, drinks etc).

Cons

Since I've been in the UK CBU business in London almost 3 years I've seen a negative trend in culture, in management and in results. There are 1 or 2 good RVPs but the majority are some of the weakest team leader and middle management team in the tech industry. One senior team leader based in Ireland, in particular, is well known for being so ineffective it's a longstanding joke in the company and outside of the company! He says 'there is no 5th quarter' every meeting and thinks this is adding any value. Hhe maintains an irish vs UK split, bad mouths other managers and AEs behind their backs.

A lot of good salespeople have left, most decent salespeople are looking to leave. They are replacing good salespeople with graduates who don't know how to sell. Promotions and patches seem to be given out on favouritism not on merit. Lots of management ego's. It isn't good currently and needs to change quickly

Advice to Management

Act now. Cut the dead wood quickly, make all of the mgmt reapply for jobs and cull half of them. Bring in US execs to run this business, MS is eating our lunch and we need decent leadership, with an actual executable plan before we start losing more market share than we have already in the UK

5. "Best employer for many years"

Current Employee - Exec in London, England
    Current Employee - Exec in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits
    Culture
    Philanthropy
    Values

Lots of positives working for Salesforce - amazing platform and known for having high regard for equality and giving back

Cons

Workload is demanding
    Ongoing change to structure and product
    Tend to hire from similar companies only

Advice to Management

Nurture your top talent
    Monitor workload and demands on individuals

"Architect"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free snacks and drinks. Good coffee.

Cons

Everyone is equal but some are more equal than others.

Advice to Management

Culture and values are fake.
    V2MOMs are meaningless.

"Stress is encouraged and they are presenting Salesforce employees to be happier than they are."

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England
    Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free cans of diet coke.

Cons

If you are in sales its a complete lottery on which territory you will get and if you are unlucky like most and get a difficult patch to work on you will get fired if you don't get in the same numbers as those on a good patch. Its basically very unfair.
    I was one of the lucky ones as I had a great patch, but Salesforce has changed extremely in the last 3 years and most people I started with have already quit because their targets were unattainable and there has been a very contagious stressful environment which does not promote a good work life balance.

Advice to Management

Ambitious pressure is good, constant stress is not. Don't promote a stressful environment with a lot of noise. Limit the admin and focus on selling. Don't only focus on coaching the people with large and big deals. Coach your new hires.

8. "Awesome Culture"

Current Employee - Business Architect in London, England
    Current Employee - Business Architect in London, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture: Salesforce Ohana, Customer Focus;
    People Focus: Ideas; Developments; Experience
    Events: Almost monthly customer events (World Tours and Dreamforce)
    Overall Package: Wellness, Stock, Remuneration

Cons

As Salesforce grows, we are experiencing lots of new developments in-terms of practice and process. Many will see this as a problem... I see this as an opportunity

Advice to Management

Continue to let employees experiment with ideas

9. "Best Place to Work"

I worked at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Great place to work, amazing team, outstanding passion, great collaboration and an attitude to do the best for the company.

Cons

Too much interference from regional HQ limiting your plans.
    Lot of lost opportunities if you are not working out of a regional HQ.
    Your manager controls your career growth, not necessarily your performance.

Advice to Management

While the organisation is not very hierarchical, the control of ones career is definitely in the hands of the manager. If the manager is happy with you, things will be good else they won't. This hierarchy should be removed.

"Mixed"

Former Employee - Anon in London, England
    Former Employee - Anon in London, England

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a great product, and a company that is growing very fast with lots of opportunity. And I was lucky to have a great boss and be part of a successful and fun team. If you land in the right team and BU at Salesforce it can be great.

Cons

Very demanding place to work. All the free treats and food you can eat don't make up for the stress levels.

A lot of politics and arrogant management, totally out of touch, especially in the UK.

So much marketing and self-congratulation about how 'amazing' Salesforce is, that it gets exhausting and counter productive.

Its a constant diet of drum banging and saccharine PR - about the foundation, equality, product etc. In my opinion, doing good should be done for the right reasons - not to seek congratulation and use it as a marketing angle.

Advice to Management

Tone it down and try to focus more on weeding out the passive aggressive managers that don't fit what Ohana is meant to be about

Salesforce Response

3 Jun 2017 – EVP, Global Employee Success

Thank you for your feedback. Upleveling managers is a top priority for us. That's why we have many resources available to help our managers do their best including our "Manage the Salesforce Way... More

"Bad managers and bullying"

Former Employee - Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cloud trailblazer
    Visionary CEO and strong marketing and sales engine
    Solid core product
    Smart people
    Foundation program
    Nice offices and perks
    Learning opportunities

Cons

This review has one star only because Salesforce on one hand celebrates Ohana as its #1 value but on the other hand it tolerates bullying

Bad managers who burn people, create chaos, amplify pressure, ignore feedback on issues, do not challenge upwards, do not ensure their teams are set up for success but when things do not go to plan they resort to scapegoating and bullying.

HR take side with the company and effectively protect bullies
    Formal grievance process is ineffective and useless
    Bullies/"high performers" get promoted and awarded for their behaviors
    Delicate situations handled by HR contractors who come and go
    No one senior from HR gets directly involved

Advice to Management

Mental bullying needs to be taken much more seriously, formal grievance process needs a complete overhaul, HR team should not take side with known offenders, and HR management and leaders should take accountability and get involved directly. Feedback app is nice try but even when HR get feedback they do not act upon it.

Salesforce is an amazing company, however, the pressure to sustain growth sometimes evokes wrong behaviours and if the company turns blind eye to that in the name of growth then the company’s culture will quickly rot. Don’t let this happen.

Showing 3,055 of 3,238 reviews