Barnardo's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Barnardo's Interview Questions

Interviews at Barnardo's

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnardo's.

Interview

Really simple. Got to the store, was greeted and then taken into the back of the store and asked some questions. The interviewer was quite nice. As long as you know the basis and values you should be fine, it's easy.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work for Barnardos?
      - How would you recruit more volunteers?
      - A time where you've had to work towards a target?
      - A time when you've had to work in a team?
      - What are Barnardos basis & values?   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnardo's.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a informal selection meeting. The questions asked were mainly in regards to my availability, holidays booked and the responsibilities as a volunteer at Barnardo's.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Interview

Appalling, frustrating and chaotic.

I applied online and recieved an email asking me to go to their website to select an interview slot.

When I went to the site it required me to fill in a number of additional forms before allowing me to proceed to select a slot (not a big deal but would have been good to mention).

When I got to the select a slot part of the site there were no interview times uploaded. I emailed to tell them that there were no slots for me to select from.

About 10 days passed before I recieved a reply saying that the interview panel were not available on alternative days to those listed and therefore they would not be proceeding with my application.

Awful recruitment process.

Don't waste your time.

RHI Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnardo's.

Interview

I applied online and about two weeks later recieved an email asking me to attend an interview face to face with line manager and senior manager. Both were very friendly and made me feel at easy. The inerview questions were standard ones and I was called two days later and offered the job.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barnardo's (London, England).

Interview

They ask basic identification questions, then asked about why I'd want this job. Am I good with talking to people, what retail training I had and about my flexibility. Just your generic questions I suppose.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnardo's.

Interview

Competency based questions, scored. Informal setting in the brake room with a store manager and area manager. Interviewers were friendly, seemed genuinely interested in my previous retail experiences. Questions were scripted but was also asked unscripted followup questions on some points

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnardo's (Nottingham, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Applies online through their own website and received invite to book an interview at the store the vacancy was at. They stated on the vacancy what date interviews were on. Only notified two days before the actual interview. Interview itself was about 45 minutes and was told they let all candidates know either way the following week. That was 3 weeks ago and nothing from them, very unprofessional and if they cannot tell the truth about a simple thing like that then I'm not sure I would want to work for them now anyway!

Project Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnardo's (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2019.

Interview

One hour with two interviewers. Three competency questions each plus reason why you want to work there. The panel were friendly and made me feel comfortable right from the beginning. A positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a report you had filed with governing body was not followed up.   1 Answer

People Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnardo's (London, England).

Interview

Shambolic - was offered job, they withdrew it. The manager went on leave and didn't tell me who to contact someone then contacted me saying it had been withdrawn because they hadn't heard from me.

Project Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ilford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnardo's (Ilford, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for an interview within the same week. the interview lasted 30 mins and was competency based questions, also ensure to have knowledge on safeguarding and child protection as well as their Basis and Values.

Interview Questions

• what are their Basis and Values?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.