Barnardo's Interview Questions

Updated 23 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Barnardo's

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 62 candidate interviews
Barnardo's
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnardo's

Interview

Straightforward, put at ease, just tried to be myself, was offered job days later and accepted, researched company thoroughly beforehand, I did not find it a difficult interview, friendly and relaxing

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about barnardos core values
    Answer Question
Barnardo's
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnardo's

Interview

Case study and interview took place via zoom. Panel lacked integrity and were racist in their approach . Panel took awhile coming back with the decision and lack of feedback

Interview Questions
Barnardo's
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barnardo's (Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland) in Sep 2020

Interview

Very straightforward recruitment and interview process and efficient, ensuring application made and interview process were made and reviewed in timely fashion. Online interview was very straightforward and interview questions were standard.

Interview Questions
Barnardo's
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnardo's

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a informal selection meeting. The questions asked were mainly in regards to my availability, holidays booked and the responsibilities as a volunteer at Barnardo's.

Interview Questions
Barnardo's
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England
Application

I interviewed at Barnardo's (London, England, England)

Interview

Appalling, frustrating and chaotic. I applied online and recieved an email asking me to go to their website to select an interview slot. When I went to the site it required me to fill in a number of additional forms before allowing me to proceed to select a slot (not a big deal but would have been good to mention). When I got to the select a slot part of the site there were no interview times uploaded. I emailed to tell them that there were no slots for me to select from. About 10 days passed before I recieved a reply saying that the interview panel were not available on alternative days to those listed and therefore they would not be proceeding with my application. Awful recruitment process. Don't waste your time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnardo's (London, England, England) in Dec 2019

Interview

90 min process. I was given a set of questions to go over for 30 mins and prepare my answers. Followed by a 5 min presentation delivered by me and then 55 mins asking the questions I was presented with. The panel entered the room and sat opposite me in silence. They made me feel awkward the moment they walked in which prompted me to introduce myself. During my presentation I was met with a series of awkward glances and expressions which i felt was off putting. It so happened that she was to ask questions which, even after I had answered, she seemed to want me to answer differently as if my previous answer was utter nonsense! The interview over ran and we had to move into another room. Needless to say, I received an email 4 days later to say I was unsuccessful. After emailing them to ask for feedback I was met with no response. It was confidence crushing for the following reasons: 1. This would have been the 3rd time I interviewed with Barnardo's. 2. My previous interview for Portfolio Manager was met with fantastic feedback and I felt the panel for that interview made me feel so comfortable where I was able to deliver. 3. During every question, my responses were met with interruption and expressions like they had bitten into a lemon. I have no interest in applying here again.

Interview Questions
  • Once established in the role, describe how you would operate to ensure ongoing success.
Barnardo's
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnardo's

Interview

I applied online and about two weeks later recieved an email asking me to attend an interview face to face with line manager and senior manager. Both were very friendly and made me feel at easy. The inerview questions were standard ones and I was called two days later and offered the job.

Interview Questions
Barnardo's
Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barnardo's (Cambridge, East of England, England, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

It wasn't stressful at all. saw the ad online applied on the company website and less than 3 weeks later I was invited for a face-face interview. The store manager and the area business manager asked me a series of standard questions. Company values, asked about my previous experience in sales...

Interview Questions
Barnardo's
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barnardo's in Sep 2019

Interview

The interview was really quick, with most of the usual interview questions. Nothing came up that was a big surprise. They mostly cared about confidentiality and how you deal with having to read emotional information.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the usual interview style questions: strengths, weaknesses, why your previous experience will help in the job etc.
Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barnardo's (London, England, England)

Interview

They ask basic identification questions, then asked about why I'd want this job. Am I good with talking to people, what retail training I had and about my flexibility. Just your generic questions I suppose.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Interviews

Popular Careers with Barnardo's Job Seekers

Project Worker
Learn About the Job
JobsSalariesInterviews
Family Support Worker (Project Worker I)
Learn About the Job