DataStax Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

DataStax Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at DataStax

3.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DataStax (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Talk to some of the future colleagues, make coding tests, talk about your past experience in the field. Everything is well organised and the interview team is very kind and clear.

Interview Questions

• New role, new team...In your opinion, what may go wrong in this new position ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DataStax

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax in July 2018.

Interview

I applied with Datastax at the end of June in 2018. A recruiter got in contact with me shortly after in the beginning of July. The interview process was very smooth and easy going. Datastax is a distributed team and all of the interviews were done online. I met with 6 different people from the company. The process took about 4 weeks overall since there were so many people to meet with in order to determine my technical skills as well as my cultural fit. Everyone I interviewed with were all extremely friendly, knowledgable, and easy going during the process. I can say it was the best interview process that I have been through. Even though everyone is spread out and in different timezones, they were all still available and flexible when it came to scheduling interviews without delay. The recruiters were extremely fast with getting back to me in order to schedule the next interview and answering any questions that I might have. I was extremely excited to accept the offer after hearing so much about the company, team, culture, etc.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my previous work experience and what tech stacks I have been using   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DataStax.

Interview

I initially met some DataStax employees at a local meetup. It was a lot of fun; they were very friendly and open.

After I started the application process, I talked to an HR person over the phone for 30-45 mins. She discussed the role and verified my technical skills.

Next, I talked to a team lead over Skype for about an hour. We talked about some technical topics and some team dynamics topics.

Finally, they assigned me a live ticket from the Cassandra task tracker, and asked me to submit a code patch. This was challenging, as it involved get the codebase up and running, and digging through a lot of undocumented legacy code in order to tackle the issue. I estimate it took 25 hours overall. They put me in touch with a senior engineer and their dev IRC channel for help, but the engineer was very terse, the chat channel was pretty dead, and I found it hard to ask for help without seeming like I was struggling. Overall I felt it was an unforgiving way to test an engineer.

In the end I did not complete the ticket, as the time required to completely solve the issue was interfering with my interview schedule with other companies.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall specifics, but the HR manager and the lead asked about my technical qualifications and team experiences.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.