Expedia Group Market Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 20 Dec 2018

3.3

129 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on Expedia's website. If your resume and cover letter are approved, you do non-live recorded video interviews where you answer a series of questions. If you make it past that round, you will proceed to talk to a recruiter over video chat. After that, you will talk to the area manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia Group

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Miami, FL (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

After I applied online I was sent a video interview to complete. Questions were pre recorded and I had to respond into the camera for most of them. A few questions were written. Three to four weeks later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview at their office. Everyone I met at the office was nice and so was the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to convince someone to change their mind.   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Miami, FL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Within 2-3 weeks after I applied for the position, they sent a link for a web interview which was active within 48 hours. Even though I had a chance to practice before the interview, it was pretty hard to speak on the camera. There were a few general questions to be marked yes or no, like if I needed a visa support and about my eligibility to work in USA; and a few questions the answers of which had to be recorded.

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Denver, CO (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Was rushed to do the phone interview within 24 hours, this was completed and then heard nothing back. I am over 35 and a bit overweight maybe this is why I never heard back, but with 10 plus years in the industry this should have been a slam dunk based on the qualifications of the position. Total waste of time as they are wanting fresh out of university students who they can train on the industry not someone who has been on the other side of the industry based on the profile of their staff.

Interview Questions

• Lots related to the industry and team work   1 Answer

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Quite smooth and efficient. Gone through 2 rounds in total (perhaps it was because I was referred) and it felt good. Remote interviews are accepted. They prefer people with overseas experience.

Interview Questions

• Why this industry, why Expedia, what's your passion. quite typical, nothing special.   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

-Step 1: Pre-recorded HireVue Video (brand new to Expedia in 2017), asked to pre-record my answers to about 9 questions and then submit them
    -Step 2: One on One Interview with Area Manager

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Expedia Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

college recruiting. There were 2 rounds. 1st Round consisted of 2 half-hour on campus interviews. They ask you some technical revenue management questions. First interview was with with College Recruiter. Second was with future manager. Then you go on to Second round, a virtual interview with manager from different region.

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group.

Interview

I applied online same day, was contacted the next day via phone call by the recruiter to set up a phone screen that week which was about 45 minutes and pretty thorough. After the phone screen is a video interview and then an in-person interview, all one-on-one. The recruiter was extremely professional, always followed up, gave feedback at every stage, and provided suggestions on what to prepare for. Communication was easy and great, and I really value the professional, swift, and positive experience I had interviewing with Expedia. Each person I talked to was really friendly, open, outgoing, and patient.

Interview Questions

• How do you get a client to give you blocks of rooms during peak season?   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (New York, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Just a pretty long and unnecessary process (IMO) for such an entry-level role. I applied online and was contacted to set up a phone interview later that week. This was with an HR rep and was standard; questions about revPAR, daily rates etc.

Later that evening I got an email saying I'd made it to the next stage which was a technical interview, via SKYPE. Since I'm on the East Coast it was nice to be able to do this with someone on the West Coast later in the evening my time, so I didn't have to take off work. This was more of the same, some more technical stuff and I thought I did really well. I guess I did, because almost immediately after I was told the next stage would be w hiring manager in NYC office and to let them know a few times that would work...this is where it gets unprofessional....

I responded with a ton of availability and heard nothing for 3 days...ultimately I followed up with even more availability and was finally given a time of Friday at 3pm....really? I kind of felt at that point that maybe the position had been filled and they were just running out the clock on me. Took off work and went to the interview where the interviewee, while I'm sure is awesome at the job, was somewhat indifferent and lacking in basic interactional skills. Just read off form questions about things like negotiation and typed responses. No real dialogue or chance to really show interpersonal skills. IMO, she was ready for the weekend. I left feeling weird but confident. If worked for the company before, had been through many hoops, and was 100% positive I'd be a valuable asset to the team (I really believed in their mission and was passionate). I was willing to take a pay decrease just to be part of the team as well.

A week passed, then two. Then I followed up to check the status of things with the recruiter and again, nothing. About a month later I got a BS form email saying I didn't get the job.

I'm ok with not getting the job...again, I kinda feel like it was their loss. What really rubbed me the wrong way was the casual, unprofessional way things were handled post zombie interview. When you've had 4 interviews over the course of a month and a half I feel like you're owed a phone call or AT THE VERY LEAST, a custom email about the fact that you weren't getting it. When another position opened at the same level later that week I reached out to see if perhaps I should apply for that and again, crickets. If I had been told no, you're not qualified or something then I'd have known to leave well enough alone. But I have no idea! Did I suck? Was I overqualified? Do I make too much money?

Not sure if this is always how it Oh well, I just had a bad taste in my mouth (can you tell??!) and wanted to share it in hopes the HR people will take an extra minute to think that even rejected candidates have worked hard and given a lot of time to the process.

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Orlando, FL (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

1 phone interview with recruiter, 3 in person interviews with area managers. Phone interview had a lot of very specific behavioral questions, in person was more generic typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were writing an article about our industry to other industry professionals, what are the 3 trends you would dicuss?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.