Fidelity Investments LEAP Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Fidelity Investments LEAP Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Fidelity Investments

2.8

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

I applies online, several days later, got an email from a lady at HR asking me to setup an phone interview. The phone interview consisted of both behavioral and technical questions. Some of the technical questions were off the wall. I got an email later that day asking to come to Durham with a 1 on 1 with three different people. I accepted and got to the place. I had an interview with the director, and two managers. One person was for leadership, the other behavior, and the last technical. 30min each person. After the interview, your done and was contacted less than a week later by HR letting me know if I got the job or not. There is no reimbursement for travel as a warning..

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

LEAP Program Interview

Interview

Applied through on-campus career fair. Got called for an interview right away.

Interview Questions

• Had three interviews lasting 30 minutes each. Focussed only on behavioral questions and previous experiences.   Answer Question

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

2 week total. Applied online from their website. One initial phone interview for 30 minutes. Within a week I was invited to do 3 more 45 minutes interviews via video-conference call. 2 behavioral interviews and 1 technical interview covering SQL and database structures.

Interview Questions

• Explain the differences between Object Oriented Programming and other programming?   1 Answer

LEAP Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2014.

Interview

Met with a recruiter during a campus job fair and was referred for an on-campus interview the following morning.

The process consisted of three one-on-one interviews that each lasted around 30 mins. The interviewers were all very friendly and mostly asked behavioral and resume-based questions.

Overall, it was a positive experience, though I did not make it to the next interview stage.

LEAP Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Had a on campus interview. Really just wanted to know my interest. Then had a office visit where there were two behavior based and one technical interview. Everyone was nice and really seemed like they wanted to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about object oriented design and situational questions.   Answer Question

LEAP Program Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2015.

Interview

Negative experience, initially had a phone call that was 20 minutes late due to other candidates calls. Lady was nice but soft spoken so hard to hear over the phone. Was invited to do 2 30 minute interviews at my school, which I accepted. The two interviewers where managers at Fidelity, but seemed little interested in the company. There was a technical and behavioral interview., although the technical interview seemed more behavioral and less about what I knew. The manager who did the behavioral interview was very coarse, and ended the interview with no notice

Interview Questions

• Lots of interrogation style questions.They try to dig deep and this can get uneasy for some people.   Answer Question

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Process was fairly quick. I applied online at Fidelity's website and heard back within a week for a phone screening. Phone screening consisted of basic interview questions about the track you wanted and your qualifications. Got invited to interview in person with three different people which consisted of two behavioral interviews and one technical interview. Got offered the job the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the software development lifecycle, SQL, requirements gathering?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate since the salary is very good.

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Morrisville, NC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiters were at my school's career fair. Talked to them for a little bit. They told me to apply online. It seemed like they were trying to look for as many people as they can since it was almost the end of the school yea. After one week, I had one 30min phone screen. The talk was pleasant and planned for a final on-site series of interviews (2 30min behavioral, 1 30 min tech). Before the series of interview though, I was given a tour with a couple of other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral were standard questions like strongest accomplishment, most creative, etc. The tech were related to Java. Seemed like they wanted to know the basics of Java such as garbage collection, keywords like static final etc, inheritance, object orientation, etc. Basically, stuff you should have learned from your first Java course.   1 Answer

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Raleigh, NC (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiter. First got called up to do a phone screening, nothing major. Then got invited to onsite to do interview. Had two interview , 45 minutes each one technical one behavioral. Had some minor coding in technical and lot of questions In behavioral. Not hard process if you know what your talking about.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where you were approaching. A deadline and you had to change things up to meet the deadline   Answer Question

LEAP Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, then one round each of behavioral and technical interviews (on same day). The phone interview was fairly casual, though the interviewer did ask a standard behavioral question. As for the onsite element, I viewed the behavioral interview as more difficult than the technical. If you know OOP essentials and can code at a basic level, you'll do well on their technical interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you structure the class relationships of animals and their species?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.