Google Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Google Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.3

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Two back to back phone interviews. First went pretty mediocre, (finished a LC medium, answered complexity questions) and the second went much better, the interviewer and I had a good connection. A week later I was scheduled for a 3rd phone interview to decide the outcome.

Interview Questions

• 1. Leetcode DFS-type question (finished)
    2. OOP Design questions (finished)   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

contacted through email for interview.... then took a technical test ... after that was contacted by the recruiter for 3 1 on 1 phone interviews.... didnt get the offer due to not answering in too much details technically

Interview Questions

• was given a 3 timed coding questions   1 Answer

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

A coding test and some behavioral surveys and questionnaire, followed by 2 technical (coding) phone interviews. After you are technically approved you get into a pool of candidates. Host teams pick and interview candidates out of this pool, mutual interest is required to land an offer.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in October 2019.

Interview

Started with 2 rounds of technicals. Both were phone screens. Had technical difficulties with 1 and that was rescheduled. After these was project matching, wrote a little about myself + interests and waited to match to a team

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in October 2019.

Interview

It was a very well organized process with great support from the HR team. After the preliminary coding test, 2 back to back interviews were scheduled in the month of October. The time between the preliminary test and the the interviews was around a month.

Interview Questions

• Not allowed to reveal the questions. The topic was graphs.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

White board interview followed by behavioral interview. Very difficult and lengthy. Felt like I learned a lot though. Tested on a broad range of topics and felt like I was able to solve a very challenging coding question.

Interview Questions

• Calendar sorting with intervals and lists   1 Answer

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

had two phone interviews. Both interviews consist of coding for given problems. Only coding..not asked my research or interest area even though I am a phd candidate who mainly research on specific topic.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Got interview from recruiter, since I had participated in one of Google's summer programs. I was scheduled 2 interviews one after the other on the same day. My interviewers were very friendly and down-to-earth.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of (unsorted) integers, arrange them such that a < b > c < d > e... etc.   7 Answers
    • I noted Python as my language of choice and was thus asked a lot about it, including libraries I had not used before. So whatever language you pick, make sure you're an expert on it!   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The hardest part was getting offered the interviews. I applied through the website as well as emailed a contact from my university - about 3-4 weeks later, I heard back from a recruiter. I had two technical phone interviews (not too bad - I felt like luck had a factor) followed by a longer host-matching period. I just went with the first host that contacted me because I liked the position and didn't want to risk not getting an offer in the end.

Interview Questions

• Under NDA - can't talk about these. Reviewing your algorithms book won't hurt, however.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for this job and in a month was contacted by a recruiter. He has set two technical interviews one after another and let me choose the date. Both interviews were tech screens (in Google Hangouts), took approximately 45 minutes and had identically the same structure - first 3-4 minutes interviewer introduces himself and lets you quickly introduce yourself, then he asks you one programming question, you need to code your solution in Google doc so that he sees your performance. After that you discuss possible bugs and time/space complexity (pay attention to it, that's really important).

Interview Questions

• Some basic question - in the solution you just need to apply some rule to change the array order   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.