Huntsman Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 20 Apr 2019

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Mumbai (India)) in March 2018.

Interview

The entire process was quick and smooth.
    The interviewers were cordial and respectful.
    Time was well managed. All rounds were completed on the same day which was. Towards the end there was some ambiguity as to my selection.

Interview Questions

• What were your achievements or value addition in your previous organisation?   1 Answer

Contracts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (The Woodlands, TX (US)).

Interview

The process took a long time to complete. I was impressed with the hiring manager but not HR in this process. The office and location are exceptionally nice and convenient.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered and I accepted.

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (The Woodlands, TX (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process was typical. I met with several of their senior attorneys who were all very nice and easy to talk to, including the attorney who would have been my direct report. The one unusual thing was an interview with HR. This isn't typical for attorneys and I hadn't prepared at all for the kinds of questions HR people, as opposed to lawyers or executives, tend to ask.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent conflict you had to overcome in your current position.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (The Woodlands, TX (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter and interviwed with them first. After that, i received a phonecall saying that they had set me up with a phone interview. It wasnt difficult, standard questions about resume, and interest in company. A day later i was offerd an onsite interview where i was shown around and introduced, and asked about which instruments and tests I was familiar with. Two days letter they gave me the offer (contract).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't attempt, pay was decent.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

The process was simple for me. They needed an intern and I happened to have know someone who knew the man in charge of hiring the interns. My friend put me in touch with the man directly and we spoke on the phone once had a very brief and informal discussion before calling me in to have an interview. After the interview they extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all very straight forward. There was nothing that came out of left field to surprise you. They asked about my past experiences and went over my qualifications for the position and asked some basic fit questions. For a full-time position I imagine that the interview process would be much more rigorous.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Developed GAP analysis for Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Instructional Design team members to help them to work together on understanding each other’s projects related issues that might impact their delivery schedules
    Worked with SMEs to identify training content/training objectives and help perform GAP analysis for creating course documents and creative learning strategies

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working with software applications?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp in June 2014.

Interview

I was firstly interviewed by a staffing agency as this is a contractual position. I got a detailed job description at the career website of the company. The interview schedule was followed well and I was given all the info i required about the company and the profile.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was pre defined as it was a temporary position.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (The Woodlands, TX (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with contract HR person, phone interview with dept managers, onsite interview. Seemed like interviewers were not interested and unprepared. Rushed with no site tour.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (The Woodlands, TX (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

whole day process with presentation and interviews. Met 1:1 with multiple people at all levels from co-workers, managers, director and VP. HR was the first to talk to me before i got to meet the others.

Interview Questions

• STAR interview questions with every one reading off a HR list of questions   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (The Woodlands, TX (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Initially I was contacted by a staffing agency who found me using LinkedIn. After reviewing the job description, I deemed it a good fit and had the first interview on the phone. It was a quick 30 minute call that quickly turned into 45 minutes. The discussion was regarding my background and the job itself. The hiring manager immediately told me that he would like to meet in person. About a half week later, I met him and another manager for lunch. It was similar to the phone interview as far as content but went into more detail. They both were wearing suits and we had lunch at a formal place in The Woodlands, so that tipped me off regarding the culture of the company. Both men were affable and easy to talk to. About one week later I was invited for a all-day, on-site interview. I met with myriad of folks on the team. Most of my soon-to-be coworkers were easy-going and easy to talk to as well. The site in which I will work at is more laid back with people in business casual clothing. There weren't any questions too difficult, nor were there any technical questions. The only difficult part was that it lasted all day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with difficult people.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntsman Corp (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email to set up a time for a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked questions about my experience and work history. I was told that my told that my information would be passed on to the manager for review.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.