Primark Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Primark

1,001 Interview Reviews

2.2

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Primark (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

First interview over the phone and 2nd interview face time. Both interview was standard questions and deep driving into your background history. Really positive experience. I had three more interviews face to face with VP HR ,VP Operations and two Store Managers. They fly you out to their flag ship store in Boston. The Challenges was the language barrier and understanding from the different cultures of management. Overall, the last interview was rushed summing up two five structure questions and a SWOT Analysis of the store. Trying to complete all that in 60mins in order to make my flight. This was not great planning for all the interviews I had in one day concerning time lines, in order not to feel rushed!

Interview Questions

• - Background history
      - Team Management scenarios
      - They focus a lot of entrepreneurship in ordering standards   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roselle, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Primark (Roselle, NJ (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

The whole process took about 4 weeks. I had 2 phone interviews and than a face to face. I was shocked because they commented so well the entire time but after the face to face they ghosted me. I left a voicemail and even email my contact asking for feedback and got nothing in return.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Primark (Staten Island, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I interviewed for a management role with Primark after a Primark recruiter reached out to me. When my in person interview ended I emailed the recruter back to discuss how it went (on February 7th, as per his request). Although this wouldnt be my hired location he wanted me to interview with the store manager in the Staten Island location. I didn't get a response to my email so I reach out again on February 19th. Again, with no response. Today is March 5th. As a manager, who hires and recruits talent for my company, I find it to be such a tragic representation of any company who sets up interviews with candidates and never follows up with them. In my particular situation, I live in Brooklyn and commuted for almost 2 hours for a interview in Staten Island that I never received feedback about. My time, your time and anyone who interviews’ time is very important. I’m not even sure if I was still a candidate for that manager role. However at this point, if this is the way Primark handles their interviewed candidates, I don’t want to be a part of a company that doesn’t value people. Moving forward, take the time to communicate with interviewed candidates, whether you move forward with them or not. If time wasn’t on your side or you didn’t have the chance to get back to me, you should’ve connected with your team so that someone could speak on your behalf. The crucial part of your recruiting is that you are a representative of the Primark company and I believe this recruter failed them greatly. I truly hope this doesn’t happen often or to anyone else. At this moment I highly discourage anyone to apply or interview with Primark.

Interview Questions

• Walk the sales floor and note opportunities and strengths of the store.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Primark.

Interview

It was very positive! Everyone was nice and friendly. We both asked each other questions! An interview should not be one sided remember you are also interviewing the employer. They went over benefits, hours, and job duties!

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark (Freehold, NJ (US)).

Interview

Let me put it this way - I never even made it to the interview. I received an e-mail from Primark prompting me to choose an interview date through e-mail. The link was broken and about a week later, I was contacted by someone from the store. It seems that each store has a P&C Supervisor (kind of like HR) and I was e-mailing with them directly regarding the position. I currently work full-time in a salaried postion and explained that I was very interested in the Visual position, however I wanted to find out the pay range as well as if it was a salaried or hourly position to make sure it was inline with what I was looking for. My resume is VERY overqualified for the position at hand so I wanted to make sure I was not wasting mine or the interviewers time. He never answered. I found it super unprofessional on his part, especially since he was quickly responding to my e-mail's before I inquired about the pay. As an HR Supervisor, you should be open to the fact that candidates have questions about the position before actually coming in for the interview. I would not recommend.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I met with HR for first interview, then met with Visual manager for 2nd interview. Completed my background check last week.. haven’t heard from HR since. No update from HR, wondering if offer has rescinded....

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Primark (Rockville, MD (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

interview by 3 people. asked lot about background and how do you consider yourself as a fit for the job. Questions ranged from what was the most difficult decision one had to make to simple questions which were designed to make you relaxed. I was also asked about the most meaningful contribution I made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Primark (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online ans was invited to complete numerical and logical test. I then had a phone and face to face interview in their NY office located roughly above the north east of south west to the east

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward and easy. The hiring manager asked simple questions and made the interviews less nerve-wracking than ordinarily intentioned. I had got a email in a few days that i received the job offer

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Primark (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

They call me to have a interview and at the same time to bring with me all my documents ( social security card, vida laboral etc) It is a bit weird cause normally you have to pass the interview before start the Hr process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.