Primark Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Primark Interview Questions

Updated 11 Jul 2018

2.2

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Primark (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

First interview over the phone and 2nd interview face time. Both interview was standard questions and deep driving into your background history. Really positive experience. I had three more interviews face to face with VP HR ,VP Operations and two Store Managers. They fly you out to their flag ship store in Boston. The Challenges was the language barrier and understanding from the different cultures of management. Overall, the last interview was rushed summing up two five structure questions and a SWOT Analysis of the store. Trying to complete all that in 60mins in order to make my flight. This was not great planning for all the interviews I had in one day concerning time lines, in order not to feel rushed!

Interview Questions

• - Background history
      - Team Management scenarios
      - They focus a lot of entrepreneurship in ordering standards   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Primark.

Interview

It was very positive! Everyone was nice and friendly. We both asked each other questions! An interview should not be one sided remember you are also interviewing the employer. They went over benefits, hours, and job duties!

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark (Freehold, NJ (US)).

Interview

Let me put it this way - I never even made it to the interview. I received an e-mail from Primark prompting me to choose an interview date through e-mail. The link was broken and about a week later, I was contacted by someone from the store. It seems that each store has a P&C Supervisor (kind of like HR) and I was e-mailing with them directly regarding the position. I currently work full-time in a salaried postion and explained that I was very interested in the Visual position, however I wanted to find out the pay range as well as if it was a salaried or hourly position to make sure it was inline with what I was looking for. My resume is VERY overqualified for the position at hand so I wanted to make sure I was not wasting mine or the interviewers time. He never answered. I found it super unprofessional on his part, especially since he was quickly responding to my e-mail's before I inquired about the pay. As an HR Supervisor, you should be open to the fact that candidates have questions about the position before actually coming in for the interview. I would not recommend.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Primark (Rockville, MD (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

interview by 3 people. asked lot about background and how do you consider yourself as a fit for the job. Questions ranged from what was the most difficult decision one had to make to simple questions which were designed to make you relaxed. I was also asked about the most meaningful contribution I made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Primark (King of Prussia, PA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I got a call from recruiter for an interview. The person who interviewed me seems very lost and didn't know where to start. I answered all question (basic question) then she asked me how much am I looking to get paid. I told her that I am open to discussed based on the company pay grade. She didn't know what to respond. I thank her for her time and left the place. They need more training and they want to pay way cheaper than McDonald's. Sorry can't do that!!!

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Primark in April 2015.

Interview

easy, was given a lot of information about the company. met store manager, recruiter and head of HR. Made me feel comfortable and was very friendly. Too bad didn't live up to my expectation.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primark (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a Phone Interview that took less than 24 hours to set up. The call came in on time. The Recruiter was very nice and professional. It only last 30 minutes.

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Primark (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process for me was fun and smooth. I interviewed as a retail assistant so it was a survey first to make sure you're a good fit for the company. Then you get an email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview (if you pass), they ask you to formally submit a resume/fill out an application for it to be reviewed. I applied the summer before they opened and my phone interviewer said she wasn't going to wait for my application to be reviewed and just send me to the next step which was meeting/interviewing with the managers and coaches from Europe. I had a little interview/chat with them and then I received an email inviting me to join the Primark team and then join them at a three day orientation. I know the process is a little different now that the store is open, but for me, it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unruly customer?   1 Answer

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Primark (Willow Grove, PA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I started off with a phone interview about 2 days after applying online. From there I had an one-on-one interview which was quick and easy. They gave a lot of background information on the store and then we went into individual interviews. Arriving to the interview, they had a video playing that described Primark and everything that they have accomplished thus far.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle conflict at your previous place of employment?
      How would you previous place of employment describe you?
      If you were on the floor folding and one of your coworkers asked you for help, how would you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark (Phila, PA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Came in and took a seat in the office withe one interviewer Very easy , nice people simple questions the place is very nice they let you look qround , they also help u with your schedule they work with you

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.