Primark Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Primark

1,071 Interview Reviews

2.2

P&C Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Primark (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Phone screen, then in person interview. Another phone screen with a new recruiter. This was such a waste of time, originally applied to HR assistant role and supervisor role, got called back for supervisor and they told me I was too Junior.... well I applied to both roles yet they invited me to interview for supervisor. Why waste my time and theirs? Such a stupid process I wish I never even started the conversation with Primark. Don’t waste your time, they’ve been trying to fill the role for 6 months now. Clearly there’s a issue with their hiring process... learn how to recognize talent... who the hell says they only hire minorities for assistant positions and white folk for management positions openly like that...... stay away from Primark. They are closet racist

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark.

Interview

I came dressing causally. I had studied for the interview questions I was so nervous that I felt like I was talking gibberish. But they called me later that day offering me a position

Interview Questions

• When was a time you faced hardship, and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a email less than a week for an invite for an interview. It told me to confirm a time between 10 am and 3pm in which I did. I didn’t get a response back. I got there and there was a lot of people, it was expected for there to be 150 interviewees. They had us come up in groups due to limited amount of seating, then we were called one-by-one and were interviewed by one of the 4 interviewers. They were also interviewing two positions, supervisor and retail assistant. During the interview I was asked 3 questions then told they would get back to people by the following week. I feel the interviews were rushed because of the amount of interviews they had to get through.

Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

it was pretty straightforward. Asked how you'd deal with customer service, manage to be in a rushed setting, and dealing with teamwork. It was pretty quick and pretty self explanatory.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I met with HR for first interview, then met with Visual manager for 2nd interview. Completed my background check last week.. haven’t heard from HR since. No update from HR, wondering if offer has rescinded....

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Primark (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. The managers were very friendly and they were easy to talk too. They made the interview feel more as a 1 on 1 conversation rather than an interview which made it easier for me to answer the questions. They definitely made the interview process less nerve-wrecking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you faced a problem and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primark (Danbury, CT (US)).

Interview

The interview process was very quick and brief. The hiring manager asked basic questions regarding my resume and why I felt like I had the skills to work for their company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Primark?
      What are your top 3 strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Retail Associate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Primark (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Very easy ! Applied through Indeed . Three days after received an email about an interview the next day . There were others waiting as well for an interview. So they took the group of us into the break room area and we had to sign in and fill out our times of availability and if any prior arrangements (e.g vacation ) and what those dates were. Interview literally lasted for like 10 mins. I was hired right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Primark   1 Answer
    • Discuss a time where you had to diffuse a situation   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Primark (Staten Island, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I interviewed for a management role with Primark after a Primark recruiter reached out to me. When my in person interview ended I emailed the recruter back to discuss how it went (on February 7th, as per his request). Although this wouldnt be my hired location he wanted me to interview with the store manager in the Staten Island location. I didn't get a response to my email so I reach out again on February 19th. Again, with no response. Today is March 5th. As a manager, who hires and recruits talent for my company, I find it to be such a tragic representation of any company who sets up interviews with candidates and never follows up with them. In my particular situation, I live in Brooklyn and commuted for almost 2 hours for a interview in Staten Island that I never received feedback about. My time, your time and anyone who interviews’ time is very important. I’m not even sure if I was still a candidate for that manager role. However at this point, if this is the way Primark handles their interviewed candidates, I don’t want to be a part of a company that doesn’t value people. Moving forward, take the time to communicate with interviewed candidates, whether you move forward with them or not. If time wasn’t on your side or you didn’t have the chance to get back to me, you should’ve connected with your team so that someone could speak on your behalf. The crucial part of your recruiting is that you are a representative of the Primark company and I believe this recruter failed them greatly. I truly hope this doesn’t happen often or to anyone else. At this moment I highly discourage anyone to apply or interview with Primark.

Interview Questions

• Walk the sales floor and note opportunities and strengths of the store.   Answer Question

Retail Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

So the interview process was basically to see if you actually rate Primark as a serious company, which it actually is, or if you're just another person that has a low opinion of the company and everhthing they do. Some people assume that Primark is just some crap job which they don't need to take seriously and these people don't get hired. They can be really flexible and like hiring students

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.