Primark Retail Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 Dec 2017

2.2

157 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online and signed up for the phone interview the same day. Did phone interview; they didn't have time slots for the in person one, said they'd get back to me. Received rejection letter the next day.

Other Interview Reviews for Primark

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Primark (King of Prussia, PA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. I applied 10 days ago and got an email saying that if you don't hear back from them in 10 days, it was unsuccessful. I heard back on the 10th day. Went in for an interview the next day. My interviewer was late however. I got the basic "What would you do" questions and they asked for my availability. Everything was very laidback and

Interview Questions

• When have you been in a situation when you are doing one task and asked to do another?   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Primark (Willow Grove, PA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I started off with a phone interview about 2 days after applying online. From there I had an one-on-one interview which was quick and easy. They gave a lot of background information on the store and then we went into individual interviews. Arriving to the interview, they had a video playing that described Primark and everything that they have accomplished thus far.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle conflict at your previous place of employment?
      How would you previous place of employment describe you?
      If you were on the floor folding and one of your coworkers asked you for help, how would you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Primark (Freehold, NJ (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application. It took almost a month for them to reply and give me a phone interview. The person on the phone interview was nice but messed up the position and location I applied for when she sent the confirmation email. I had to call them back to correct everything, but other than that, the phone interview was easy. My face to face interview came about two weeks later. The interviewer was not at all experienced. He kept asking me what certain words meant in my answers (and also asked me to spell them) and displayed a slightly negative attitude towards me. The questions I was given were all "what would you do in this scenario" question. In fact, I dont recall the interviewer asking me any questions about myself than what my name is. The face to face interview was a disaster for me.

Interview Questions

• You are ready to leave for the day but there is one more customer rushing to checkout. What would you do?   1 Answer

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark (Phila, PA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Came in and took a seat in the office withe one interviewer Very easy , nice people simple questions the place is very nice they let you look qround , they also help u with your schedule they work with you

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

First step is registering interest by phone or website. You create a profile. Then they schedule a phone interview. Then they send you an application form. Then you are invited to an in person interview with the hiring manager. At that interview the manager wlil tell you how long before you hear their decision.

Interview Questions

• You are at the cash register, your shift is almost over, there's a long line of customers, near the end of the line is a mom with a crying toddler. What do you do?   1 Answer

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Primark (King of Prussia, PA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Awful. The phone screening was more in depth than the one on one interview.
    The overseas coaches did not understand the concept of interviewing Americans and many unqualified associates were hired in the process.

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Primark (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process for me was fun and smooth. I interviewed as a retail assistant so it was a survey first to make sure you're a good fit for the company. Then you get an email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview (if you pass), they ask you to formally submit a resume/fill out an application for it to be reviewed. I applied the summer before they opened and my phone interviewer said she wasn't going to wait for my application to be reviewed and just send me to the next step which was meeting/interviewing with the managers and coaches from Europe. I had a little interview/chat with them and then I received an email inviting me to join the Primark team and then join them at a three day orientation. I know the process is a little different now that the store is open, but for me, it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unruly customer?   1 Answer

Retail Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Primark.

Interview

During the interview I was asked to describe my role in a number of scenarios. It was easy enough and majority of it was common sense, like how to work in a team and when you have presented something.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark (Birmingham, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Great interview. Lady was nice . Interview was for 3.30 and was seen b4 it . Have to wait now to see if I get offered job . Only thing was it only said part time . When I got there it was fitted contract and was 20 hours

Interview Questions

• These a dress on the display that a lady wants to buy but it's out of stock what can I do ?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.