Revolut Senior IOS Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Revolut Senior IOS Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Revolut

2.4

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and the recruiter got back to me after 2-3 days to arrange HR phone screening.
Pretty straightforward talking asking about my experience and answering my questions and then explained the hiring process.

It followed by a take home test. Pretty practical test I’d say but not easy. Took me good amount of time and I was happy doing it. The test sets clear expectations what they want to see.

Submitted the test and wow, two days later heard back from the recruiter. They have provided me a good in-depth review on good and bad. But they liked my approach at the end.

Then next was the technical interview with two of their seniors. They gave me two snippets and asked to implement a task. Again pretty practical! Something I’d do on a daily basis.

A day later, heard from the recruiter again that I performed very well and they want to arrange a final interview with the lead.

The interception with the lead was really interesting, not much technical programming related, but more like approaches, patterns and team work.

The next day, received and email saying all good and they want to extend me an offer. Jumped on the call and the recruiter explained the offer, benefits and etc.

To be honest, it was the fasted ever hiring process I have every experienced.

Interview Questions

• HR: overall experience and expectations
    Test: develop a real time currency ticker
    Live coding: memory management, concurrency, design patterns and etc
    Lead: More about behavior and approaches.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Revolut

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vilnius (Lithuania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (Vilnius (Lithuania)) in October 2019.

Interview

The Revolut interview process was the best in my career! The coding tasks and tech questions were interesting and real-life. The atmosphere throughout the entire process was very friendly and encouraging, and I were given the feedback the next day after each step.

Interview Questions

• How to perform the concurrent updates of an array by multiple threads.   Answer Question

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Revolut in September 2019.

Interview

First 30 minute call with HR. then Home assignment for a production ready application, it took me something like 20 hours of work to complete it.
    Then 2 hour technical interview with the team with questions about the language, algorythms and live coding.
    Finally 30 minute call with Lead iOS Dev.

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Revolut (Berlin (Germany)) in September 2019.

Interview

HR found me in linked in and emailed me two times to have an interview. After I accepted the request they planned a HR interview which was very nice and quite normal HR talk. They mentioned there will be an homework(task) which must sent in a week. So they just send me an email with the requirements. The task was not so difficult but it was a feature and it needed to be a stand alone project which is production ready. Assigment tasks was not so clear, the API they providing a bit tricky and sending corrupted data sometimes. I found the homework time wasting it took me about 25 hours. At the end it turned out I couldn't found some of their tricks. They turn me an answer with bugs. If only I spend my time by solving puzzles. It was not an interview. This was something a little absurd

Interview Questions

• Basic hr questions about introduction self.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

It was a two-stage process. I had a hangouts call with their recruiter from Saint Petersburg, Russia. It was a general talk about my career and aspirations. The interview was followed by an assessment task. I had to create a simple app and demonstrate my coding skills. The task had to be completed within 7 days. The task is not difficult but if you do other projects it can take a few days to submit a decent piece of work. I think my app submitted is professionally done. I implemented the MVVM pattern along with a clean API structure and vanilla Swift, as per the requirements of the task.

I specifically asked the recruiter for feedback should I not pass the assessment stage, and the recruiter promised to provide their feedback.

I got rejected with a vague reason "after much consideration we have decided not to progress further with your application as we have concluded that another candidate’s qualifications more closely align with the job requirements.”

No feedback on the submitted app was given. It appears to me that however good my app could be I would have been rejected on that vague ground. If a company gives you an assessment task as a responsible employer the company is expected to provide feedback. As it is clear from my case there are no signs of corporate responsibility and ethics.

This leads to a notion that this is simply a market labour test that must be carried out under the UK Immigration regulation to bring Russian developers to the country. In other words, it is a scam.

Their response demonstrates an arrogant and disrespectful attitude to employees. As many here indicated the hiring conduct is very unprofessional and reflects a toxic corporate culture. It is evident from the "GET **IT DONE" wall sign in their office that they proudly show off. Not a polite and effective way to motivate your staff, rather a clear sign that the top management wants to keep the staff under pressure. Drain and replace.

I was also concerned that my personal data, such as CV, was easily passed to their Russian office which is outside the jurisdiction of UK an EU data protection laws. This might also reflect how they handle user data, which I am sure will be a subject of the UK watchdog's investigation at some point.

It was a total waste of time for me. I have little confidence that my code will not be used in their app.

If you are a senior developer don't waste your time doing the assessment task.

Revolut continuously hires new staff that is unusual even for a startup and signifies that there is indeed a high rate of employee turnover, weak and despotic management.

Interview Questions

• Create a currency conversion app.   1 Answer

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Revolut in July 2019.

Interview

Extremely Careless - The recruiter emailed - with high words of praise expressing their desire to recruit "senior" iOS developers stating they were keen on speaking to me - following this I emailed with availability - and then in fact had to chase them post the sugary email asking me to give date/time, for the actual interview --- This should have been my 1st Red Flag.
    Even then, we somehow managed to schedule the actual round, which went "extremely well" in the recruiter's language, and she ended the call stating in 2 days time I will get a home test - a coding assignment for me to work on and submit.
    Now comes 2nd Red Flag ---- 2 days turned to 5 days and so on... So I again decided to "chase" - the recruiter once again came back via email - said to me that she has sent me a test for "Android Developer"!! Lo and Behold, they do not even check the job applications and actual email trail - with a subject line "Senior iOS developer" she is sending me a Android Test! And that too with a GENERIC email template message!
    I should have stopped at this, but again - I wrote back to her, politely - told her to check the actual communication and interview - and check the email trail on which she had sent generic response - and asked her to send the "correct" test, that is, to send the "iOS Test' to the person she is addressing as Senior iOS developer.
    Final RED FLAG Blaring in my face was now - this time, she did not even respond - I got an email from again GENERIC "revolut" email alias - stating "thank you for your interest in Revolut, after reviewing your profile, we have decided not to move ahead" - Atleast here acknowledge the interview, and then make effort to write a genuine email of rejection - if the candidate is actually rejected post interview, before sending a pretend message which is sent on resume submission!
    Heights of carelessness and manipulative responses, atleast they could have been genuine, accepted their mistakes of sending random emails and wasting people's time on interview calls, which later they pretend not have happened at all, since they send out generic random haphazard emails - with any random test and any random rejection.
    This unfortunately portrays a small unconcerned organizational mindset of the recruiters, who should be attentive, accepting of their mistakes and working professionally.
    AVOID and save your time!

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut in November 2018.

Interview

I applied for their London office on November 7, 2018. I received an email same day mentioning that the recruited wants to have a chat with me. I was amazed to see how fast their responses were!

After the initial hangout chat with the recruiter I received an email with a home task where I had to do a simple iOS project. As I was busy with my office work already I needed some extra time the recruiter happily accepted.

After the home task was submitted I received a review where they mentioned they liked my project and also gave me some helpful feedback on how to improve. +1 for that.

They scheduled an 1.5-2 hour technical interview with me. On the technical interview the interviewer shared a small project with me. Asked me to fix some issue and asked some knowledge based questions about swift language, CoreData, UIkit and some basic GCD questions. After the technical interview they sent me a rejection with feedback.

The interviews are all knowledge based they won't test for your problem solving skills or discuss about system design at all. All they will test is mostly your knowledge on swift/ apple frameworks. So prepare to be grilled by all knowledge based questions. Well I guess this is not a bad things considering they are only a startup.

I liked the detailed feedback and their prompt responses.

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

1) Test task
    2) On-site interview
    3) Skype interview with head of mobile
    4) Interview with CTO

The interview was easy, but we understood that we don't fit each other. They have a different culture.
    It's simply a startup, and they don't focus on processes, architecture and clean code. The main goal for them is to deliver features as fast as you can. After discussing design with a team I found that they don't have a define architecture approach and it seems that code is messy.
    Startup like this doesn't have time to invest in quality.

Maybe I'd be interested to work with them when they become something bigger (a maybe they will decide to hire some pro to refactor the whole codebase like most startups do :-))

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.