Champtronix Reviews

Updated 9 Jun 2020

4.9
Pros
  • "The management team is young and close to the team, which creates a friendly environment(in 4 reviews)

• "There is no seniority and an open door policy because people can choose how fast they want to progress(in 3 reviews)

Cons

"What I've observed so far"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Watford, East of England, England

I have been working at Champtronix full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team is helpful. From providing simple advice to detailed feedback on your work, there is always an opportunity for you to get better and get recognition for those results. The culture is centred around recognition and rewards for a job well done. Incentives are popular, and rewards for your hard work are well valued. The office environment is good. Not just on a positive atmosphere level, it’s also physically well designed. Every room has a purpose, where people of different levels of experience can learn from one another and work in top conditions.

Cons

People come from many backgrounds, but not everyone has the level of maturity yet to take a negative and not take personally like a teenager. Some people are unwilling to give their very best effort, and they pretend it was impossible to begin with. Don't be those.

"SCAM - AVOID - Door to door sales and cold calling"

1.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Watford, East of England, England

I worked at Champtronix full-time for less than a year

Pros

They will hook you in and sell you the dream with this company. Fancy business trips, promotions, staff activities to name a few, however they are not truthful about what the job role is. Their day to day work includes a two hour training session in the morning (Sold to you as the training scheme) and then you will spend the rest of the day out in the streets asking people to donate to their chosen charity at the time. NOTE - You will be working an 11 hour day

Cons

I was offered a 'Marketing and Sales' role and the company was a perfect fit for myself. After having various training sessions, I began to find hidden factors that were not previously mentioned at any point of the recruitment stages. These were details that were crucial to the job role and would have deterred many candidates from applying to the role. The interview process is EASY and they will make you feel very special. In fact it is quite the opposite. They will charm you to leaves no time for you to ask questions (This is to hide the fact that they are door to door crowd funders).

Continue reading

"The Truth."

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in London, England

I worked at Champtronix full-time

Pros

If you have absolutely no qualifications (no GCSES) and are very naive, then this would be a good job for you

Cons

1) This was advertised as “Business Management Graduate Scheme” used to lure in desperate, anxious graduates only to find out this is actually a DOOR TO DOOR SALESMAN job. When you get here you will be with people who don’t even have GCSEs so Why the deception? Keep in mind the deception of the job when you read the following points. 2) This whole company had a cult-like atmosphere. I met people who were only in their first week of employment and they looked highly strung, anxious and about to break down - probably because you paid around £50 a day in your first month. You are expected to come in at 9am to the “office” and do group bonding exercises to pump you up for the sales and blind you from the truth. This role also requires you to give up your life to come in at 9am and finish at 9pm doing door to door sales whilst the CEO gives speeches from 9am - 10am about how going to university is waste of time because you spend 300 hours to get a degree, bare in mind, he has a masters in finance himself. He also tries to convince you that working 36 hours a week in other jobs is worthless for a 22k annual salary but somehow doing 12 hours shifts Monday - Sunday (yes you are expected to come in at weekends if you don’t want to lose money in your first weeks and top up your income the following months/years!) is better for a 20k annual salary. It’s laughable. The deluded people there will tell you that you can earn 50k in your first year, but so can you anywhere else if you do overtime at time and a half rate. Don’t be fooled. 3) This is commission based work and in your first few weeks you will be losing more money than you are making money. This is because you are expected to drive to locations in your own car (using your own money for petroleum) just to make money off sales you actually make, and you will be walking around in ALL types of weather and spending your little sales money on food. 4) Supposedly the CEO is big on “incentives” and “bonuses” where he took a few girls on a paid holiday but when I asked them about this, they seemed really uncomfortable and practically ran away from the conversation. They then started talking about how they need to buy new suits which was strange to me when I later realised this job is commission based - so you are earning money to spend it all on suits to come to the office to dance in the basement screaming “CARS” and live a cult-like lifestyle? Also, the people above you will be getting large cuts from your commission and they will be cut from the people above them so don’t expect to make much money - this is a legal PYRAMID SCHEME. As I said before, recall the deception in the job posting and the “interview process” 5) the “interview process” took a whole day - 9am to 3pm where you basically watch someone do door to door sales whilst they convince you that this is not a pyramid scheme, and instead a business management GRADUATE scheme and how they will try hard to fight your corner to get you recruited. I lost a whole days wage watching this drama.

Continue reading

"A very sportive and competitive work environment"

I have been working at Champtronix full-time for more than a year

Pros

People always think bigger and how to achieve higher targets. Some actually come from professional high level sports environments, and they teach us the psychology behind competitive athletes. That same knowledge is then transferred to the business and used to get better.

Cons

It all comes down to discipline and student mindset. Always look out for people with better results than you and learn from them. Great lesson of humility.

"Invitations to VIP events and travel"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Watford, East of England, England

I have been working at Champtronix full-time for more than a year

Pros

The managers are not only friendly, they are there to provide career support and feedback on your work. Every team member starts with a development programme suited to their professional goals, which can be adapted over time. As the company grows, the team receives constant recognition and opportunities for their hard work. Incentives go from simple cash in hand bonuses, to travel and exclusive VIP invitations. This is how I travelled with the team around Europe, for business and fun.

Cons

Most of the business only travel remains within the UK where all clients are based.

"Heavy focus on the training and development"

I have been working at Champtronix full-time for more than a year

Pros

I only had retail experience when I started. From my entry level position I got to a senior role within the year. No secret, I just followed the advice of the managers, networked with the best professionals and worked really hard. Having the possibility to go on business trips almost every week is very important to me. During the business trips we get to practice our skills, attend workshops and get one-on-one coaching with the best trainers in our industry.

Cons

The company has progressed a long way, and responsibilities have increased with it. It's a friendly team, but managers do have serious expectations when it comes to work and quality.

"The team is always active"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Watford, East of England, England

I have been working at Champtronix full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is always something challenging to do to break the monotony of certain responsibilities. Nice incentives to finish the week with extra money in hand, or even extra tickets for events to enjoy the weekend. The management team is young and close to the team, which creates a friendly environment.

Cons

Being good at what you do means having respect for the very basics of the company too. You have to learn from the bottom and follow the basics, no matter how far you are in the company.

"Honest and transparent team"

I have been working at Champtronix full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company itself can be complicated to understand when you are new to the industry. So rather than keep you in the dark with complicated vocabulary, they teach you. You get training and support to be able to get a better understand of what you and more importantly, why you do it.

Cons

The company doesn't hide you will start from entry level. Not one bit. Even during the interview, you will be invited to spend some time with the entry level team so that they can be fully transparent about how the company works.

"The improvements in my development"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Watford, East of England, England

I worked at Champtronix full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company did a lot for me in terms of training and offering me a programme to follow in order to get better. If anything, I really enjoyed the fun and outgoing company culture. The managers were always flexible and happy to talk about anything. But also show authority when I got too lazy.

Cons

It's a small office, don't expect the world of them. People work very hard to get excellent results and that's what matters. A team proud of what they achieve.

"Multiple occasions to make extra money"

I have been working at Champtronix full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company always rewards performance, and most of those is through bonuses and incentives. They may not seem like a lot, but these bonuses a run more often than just once per week and can make a significant different to your pay. It keeps the day to day more entertaining, as well as more target oriented.

Cons

Money doesn't motivate everyone, a lot of people prefer simple recognition and encouragements to get better. You truly have to work hard to make a difference and get the attention you need for your career.

Found 62 reviews