Zimmerman Advertising Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 14 Jan 2020

3.8
Zimmerman Advertising CEO Michael Goldberg
Michael Goldberg
Pros
  • "This is a fast paced environment and everyone is constantly on the go, thats why they are called The Machine(in 43 reviews)

• "Fast paced and outgoing work environment(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours but not unusual for agency life(in 37 reviews)

• "The 24/7 seriously mentality is no joke, meaning work/life balance is hard to come by(in 36 reviews)

1. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Digital Media Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company, compensation, and benefits, feeling like a part of a big family.

Cons

Maybe to allow work-from-home once per week.

Zimmerman Advertising2020-01-02

"Poor Pay and Work/Life Balance"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice coworkers Valet parking HR has nice events that boost moral

Cons

Poor Pay- Their pay is below industry standard and ridiculous for the current Miami market Poor Work/Life Balance No Room for Growth

Advice to Management

Value your employees and promote work/life balance

Zimmerman Advertising2020-01-08
  3. "Great Clients , Terrible Management"

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising

Pros

The people here (some) are the best. If you don't get involved in the "high school clicks" and want to meet meaningful people. it's possible they are there. Clients you will work with can be fun.

Cons

Heavy racism and immaturity. There are like 4 black people that work there and they ALL talk amongst themselves about the racial disparity and racist moments that occur. lol legit. most black people there are extremely uncomfortable and you usually see them to themselves. also... they employ many young people with zero exp to work with professionals that's been in the game for years. It's hard working with someone that says "like" every sec when having a convo and literally doesn't killed know what they are doing. The Accounting team is atrocious literally. Brainless very lazy. Also be prepared to listen to many vanity speeches from the owner. Dude loves to hear himself talk

Advice to Management

Care more about your staff. There are some people that work insanely hard there only to be brushed off completely... also racism is heavy there. subtle but heavy.... whether you wanna believe it or not... it's pretty bad there and kinda a mad house.

Zimmerman Advertising2020-01-04
  4. "Poor pay"

Former Employee - Junior Art Director

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

A place for a great first job out of college.

Cons

As a creative you don't get to work on much.

Zimmerman Advertising2019-12-27
  5. "Low pay, long hours, rigid work environment"

Former Employee - Administrative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free parking and a nice building

Cons

Parental style management, HR desk checks at 9am, low pay, long hours, no carry over on vacation days. Hard to get vacation approval and it is necessary to give a reason to your department head if you need a personal day- again disrespectful parental style management. Disorganized.

Advice to Management

When you hire adults, don't treat them as children. Why not do PTO instead of a collection of days one can't use or must explain. If someone needs a "personal" day, perhaps it is for a personal matter.

Zimmerman Advertising2020-01-14
  6. "great so far"

Current Employee - Junior Media Planner

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training is going great and I feel like I am learning actively and growing into my role.

Cons

Sometimes feel disconnected due to being a regional office.

Zimmerman Advertising2019-12-04
  7. "AutoNation Domination"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've heard things about the company on glassdoor, but on my account things are pretty relaxed unless we're working on broadcast. Onboarding was easy and existing staff was very helpful with helping me learn the system.

Cons

Only complaint would be the limited vacation days you get, but what can you do.

Zimmerman Advertising2019-11-27
  8. "Good learning experience"

Current Employee - Assistant Media Planner

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time

Pros

It is very fast paced.

Cons

It tends to be disorganized

Zimmerman Advertising2019-12-10
  9. "Purpose & Passion Lives Here!"

Current Employee - Group Digital Media Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

Definitely a place where you can be who you are authentically, contribute all you have to give and more if you've got it. A wonderfully designed environment to work in everyday. If you like being a team player, then this is a good place to plant your feet. The perfectly positioned beverage stations throughout the campus truly provide those key moments you might need to refuel and keep things moving forward.

Cons

Nowhere is perfect and collaboration solves everything within these walls.

Advice to Management

I enjoy the straight-forward, transparent nature and personal accessibility you provide the agency. I appreciate the approach taken to be inclusive of those who express their desire to grow and deliver the agency promise. Keep producing those key components like ZTD and CAM that help to deliver the progressive client results. And most of all, continue to cultivate great talent. Grateful to be here and work alongside a great group of smart, motivated individuals.

Zimmerman Advertising2019-11-22
  10. "Real Agency , they dont play around!"

Current Employee - Media Department in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

My first impression of the 'Machine' is pure devotion, professionalism, and commitment. Coming from a diverse digital marketing and life experience background I must say they take the time to do things the proper way and they let you know about this so you do the same. The environment is really positive as well as co-workers and management. (high workers-quality people). Conditions are pretty decent, they even have valet parking. Everyone knows their role and workspace are fast, ambitious but really cool too.

Cons

I can't say so much about this yet. I am new. Hopefully In a year, ill come back to review what I wrote and add more input. Salaries can be more rewarding.

Advice to Management

Build your own proprietary Ad Server and integrate all serving platforms to it, for a smoother retrieving and handling of inputs/data. Integration with 3rd party platforms could be smoother, but believe this is an issue across all agencies. Perhaps implement AGILE/SCRUM framework for smoother working time management across the different departments.

Zimmerman Advertising2019-11-22