Expedia Group Customer Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Expedia Group Customer Operations Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Expedia Group

2.5

Customer Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Bellevue, WA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I was referred to the hiring manager by a friend who was the hiring manager's boss.
Probably for this reason, my phone screen was two simple questions: 1. What are your salary expectations and 2. When are you available to to come for an onsite interview?

The onsite interview lasted about 4 hours. I met with the hiring manager, her boss, two senior members of the team that I would be managing, and a director of a group that would be the customers this team is serving.

The process was very friendly - they want you the candidate to be comfortable in the interview and they may probe until they get the answer they are looking for. Most questions were of the type: "How would you handle X situation?"

If you are an introvert, watch your body language. Some managers are trained to pay attention to nonverbal cues.

The process is welcoming and friendly but don't let your guard down. They have very high hiring standards. Due to the unstructured nature of the questions, it's up to you to go beyond just answering the direct question and to sell yourself through memorable stories and making connections with the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to push back against a request of your boss.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia Group

Customer Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (London, England) in December 2015.

Interview

Got contacted by the internal recruiter from Expedia for the role end of October. Very awkward conversation with a person who was not native English. Was difficult to understand his questions sometimes.Didn't hear anything before beginning of December with two set up interviews in a row directly after each other the same day. The first interview was with an employee whom just taken on the same role for a different role. The interview was relaxed and not difficult. Shortly before the end of the interview the manager for this group cancelled his appointment with me due to an urgent meeting. I was ensured that I this interview will be rescheduled. After not hearing anything from the recruiter, I followed up with the recruiter. No new appointment has been made. Just a phone call to explain the recruitment process. After making an appointment for this call three times as the recruiter is not aware of the different time zones and could not make out what the correct time was for my zone, he just told me that I was not qualified enough.

Interview Questions

• How I would lead a team and how I dealt with different situations at my previous job.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.