InvestCloud Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 25 of over 25 interviews

Sales Engineer

162 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at InvestCloud (New Brunswick, NJ) in Jun 2021

Interview

3 Phone Screens. 1 with the manager to get familiar. 2 with the manager to dig deeper into your background and skillset. TEAM NEVER PROVIDED FEEDBACK. 3rd call with Talent Acquisition business partner to discuss the same and salary.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your sourcing process in detail.
    Answer Question

InvestCloud

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InvestCloud

Interview

There were 3 rounds - a phone interview, an aptitude test, and a meet the team interview the aptitude test was with the recruiter the team was very nice - definitely not an initimidating interview slow to get back to me though

Interview Questions
  • Required to solve some brain teasers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InvestCloud (Los Angeles, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

I spoke on the phone with the recruiter for 45 minutes. She told me about the company and what they do, and then about the specific position. She asked me a few questions about my background, and then general interview questions. We then went over next steps, and it slowly turned into more of a conversation, which always feels like it means things are going well. I hope to hear from them!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you came across a problem, and how did you move past it?
  • What is something you are super proud of?

InvestCloud

Application

I interviewed at InvestCloud

Interview

Was honestly considering declining the pre-screen interview afterview reading the reviews about this company but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. Recruiter seemed a bit pushy and off-putting and this confirmed my suspicions about how it would be working with others at this company. Also reading on here about how they forced employees to work during a hurricane really stuck a tone with me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

InvestCloud

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at InvestCloud

Interview

After submitting an application and my resume, a recruiter reached out to me within a week to set up a preliminary phone call. This first call was with the recruiter and was an average 'Get to know you' interview in which we briefly discussed my experience as well as some details of the position I applied for. Within days, I was informed I passed to the next round of interviews. This second interview was a technical interview. There were some technical questions and riddles meant to show my problem solving skills and how I communicate my process. The last interview was held in the office, in which I was interviewed by a senior developer and a senior project manager. After going through their interview questions, I was able to ask each questions about the role and the company. The unique perspective from both interviewers gave me a more rounded understanding of the role, the company culture and the colleagues I would potentially be working with. Throughout the process I felt that the company was very professional and ready for more growth, while still maintaining a warm and inviting culture. The recruiters and interviewers gave me clarity on what to expect from the role and how my role would fit into the grand picture of the company. Hence, upon receiving an offer letter, it was very easy for me to accept, and I am very glad I did.

Interview Questions
  • In what kind of working environment do you find yourself most motivated?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InvestCloud (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Applied online, HR called ask few non technical and technical questions like cons of indexing in sql, base class vs subclass ... , then easy java home assignment. Next with two engineer each 45 min

Interview Questions
  • Design pattern that I used Why is String immutable? Bean type, Bean lifecycle JDK vs JRE Java abstraction? How to use non static var in static method coding part : implement LRU, Subsequent in array that equal to target Some sql join normalization

InvestCloud

Application

I interviewed at InvestCloud

Interview

Professional interview with HR, then 3 others for the technical and job specific parts. The questions were professional and the process was very smooth throughout. There were three rounds total, with the last a final follow up with a person that was missed in the initial interview.

Interview Questions
  • They had some questions related to Agile methodology and some specific scenarios.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InvestCloud (London, England, England) in Jun 2020

Interview

Very fast recruitment and straight forward process, great communication. It took a little bit over a week for the whole process, which consisted of an aptitude test, a screening video call, a technical interview (video call), and a final interview (video call).

Interview Questions
  • Screening call: Besides the standard Qs about the company, the products, and the role, a lot of the questions revolved around the aptitude test results, which identifies your strengths and weaknesses. Examples: - What do you know about InvestCloud? - Can you explain what do you think the role will be? - How do you cope in an intense environment? - If you join InvestCloud, where do you see yourself in a few years' time? - How do you feel about working remotely? Technical interview: - If you were to recreate a screen, how would you approach it? - How much do you know about asset classes?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at InvestCloud (London, England, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn. After about two weeks, I received a message from a project manager regarding my application. I was invited to do some cognitive aptitude tests, which I completed immediately. The next day, I received a follow-up message in which I was asked for my availability for a phone interview. This is when things started getting a bit disorganized in the process. I let them know on the same day they reached out but had to follow-up to get a response. I was invited for a phone call the next day - luckily I was available. The phone interview was pretty easy. The first half consisted of professional experience, personal attributes...they asked me about my previous roles and responsibilities in order to understand my knowledge and how I work. The second half consisted of some pretty basic HTML, CSS, and JavaScript questions. I think there was one JavaScript question but it was heavily focused on HTML and CSS, which gives you an idea of the lack of coding involved in the position. I heard back a few days after the phone interview with a final round invitation, which consisted of coming into their office and giving a presentation about my favorite project. This was followed-up by a general discussion around my background and experience - definitely more of a culture interview. Again, there was very little emphasis on coding and technical experience. A few days later, they came back and said they want to move forward with my application. This does not translate to an immediate offer, as they do not have an internal HR department. They utilise a committee, which makes the process highly inefficient, since the committee only meets once per week. During the next 1.5 months, I was in discussions with my point of contact (I required relocation etc so we were trying to find the best possible outcome). I would hear back every couple of weeks and had to keep chasing them down. It was incredibly frustrating because I had put in all the time and effort and was quite keen on joining the company. The final email I received basically told me that my point of contact 'lost their leverage' due to the amount of time it had taken to discuss the best possible solution. Yet, it only took that long due to the company's inefficiency and lack of organisation. Overall, everyone was really nice and the interviews themselves were enjoyable and easy. For me, it became negative due to the lack of efficiency and organisation - which is a huge red flag if you're about to join a company. I do acknowledge I had a set of circumstances that didn't make it straightforward, but there should be a set of procedures in place - particularly there should really be an HR department dedicated to dealing with the onboarding process.

Interview Questions
  • What's the difference between a class and id in and why would you use one over the other?
  • Can you talk us through a project or feature you built and the process you utilised to complete the particular task?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at InvestCloud (Tampa, FL)

Interview

The process took a little over 3 weeks. I interviewed with a member from QA and Dev. They asked me pretty basic QA questions such as, "Load, Stress and Volume Testing" also wanted to know if I had web/mobile app testing in the Financial Industry. I gave a brief high lvl overview and provided examples for each process at my current job. After the 30 min interview we went over salary expectations, even sat down with the Hiring Mgr after it all, and she was really impressed with my background. I was told that I'd hear something the next day, which turned into a week and ME reaching out to THEM for an offer. It was a TERRIBLE offer. When I emailed them back to negotiate I was told they'd call me back. Just received an email today from their HR saying that they're pursuing other candidates. I tried to give them the benefit of doubt, but considering the negative reviews and that abysmal offer letter, its clear to me that this is another struggling "Fintech" company that masquerades itself under the pretense of being "Fast" and "Growing".

Interview Questions
  • If you already know how to test in Financial Industry then the interview is simple. The Hiring Mgr will probably ask you to describe yourself in 3 words. This is superficial, but they do advocate a "Family" oriented atmosphere.
5 people found this interview helpful