InvestCloud Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InvestCloud Interview Questions

Interviews at InvestCloud

2.7

Scrum Master Interview

Interview

Professional interview with HR, then 3 others for the technical and job specific parts. The questions were professional and the process was very smooth throughout. There were three rounds total, with the last a final follow up with a person that was missed in the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• They had some questions related to Agile methodology and some specific scenarios.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at InvestCloud (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

The process took a little over 3 weeks. I interviewed with a member from QA and Dev. They asked me pretty basic QA questions such as, "Load, Stress and Volume Testing" also wanted to know if I had web/mobile app testing in the Financial Industry. I gave a brief high lvl overview and provided examples for each process at my current job. After the 30 min interview we went over salary expectations, even sat down with the Hiring Mgr after it all, and she was really impressed with my background. I was told that I'd hear something the next day, which turned into a week and ME reaching out to THEM for an offer. It was a TERRIBLE offer. When I emailed them back to negotiate I was told they'd call me back. Just received an email today from their HR saying that they're pursuing other candidates.

I tried to give them the benefit of doubt, but considering the negative reviews and that abysmal offer letter, its clear to me that this is another struggling "Fintech" company that masquerades itself under the pretense of being "Fast" and "Growing".

Interview Questions

• If you already know how to test in Financial Industry then the interview is simple.
      The Hiring Mgr will probably ask you to describe yourself in 3 words.
      This is superficial, but they do advocate a "Family" oriented atmosphere.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at InvestCloud (West Hollywood, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Very good! Felt like a natural connection was made. I look forward to the hiring process. Great company with great products and services. Cloud solutions are the future of business and technology

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to the company?   2 Answers

Junior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at InvestCloud (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied mid December 2018. Received a follow-up email at the tail end of December, responded to the email, then received a follow-up email at the end of the second week of January to request an in-person interview a couple of days later. They were adamant that they were looking to fill the role in the next week or so, and would be sending another follow-up email for a final interview with the Director during the end of the week. Didn't receive an email until late Wednesday afternoon, for a final interview the next day. Didn't receive a response until about a week later that I wasn't offered a position and they decided to move with someone else.

During first interview, I was asked about the position, what I knew about it and the company. They explained that the product was fairly new in the States, and how much they were growing, etc.

During the final interview, I was expecting to white board, but didn't get asked one technical question regarding my skills. It was more of character based questions, then if offered a position would attend a two-week boot camp in Los Angeles (sink or swim). I left the interview not really knowing what happened, I felt positive, because I did give honest answers, but they decided to go with someone else. I wasn't really asked any questions I believe aligned with the position summary.

Interview Questions

• (Interviewer wan't from California) With being in Southern California, and having Wild Fires as a constant threat. Knowing that your family is OK, what is one possession/item you would want to make sure you have before being evacuated?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InvestCloud (West Hollywood, CA (US)).

Interview

The process moved fast once I applied. Initially I had a phone screen with their HR, and some of the first red flags came up. When one of the phone screen questions are if you would be ok to work for a company that has been growing so fast that it has not had a chance to grow its HR policies and to support its employees, then you know you want to stay away from that place. The next round was a 1:1 interview with one of their consultants and she was really easy and nice to deal with. At the same time, I met with the counterpart who interviewed me in front of the consultant. Prior to the interview with him, I was asked to pick three out of four questions, all math/logic based, and for each I had up to 10 min. to answer. Must say that that's highly unusual for an interview. The company has not made it clear prior to the 1:1 what kind of questions they'd be asking me. I passed that round too, only to come back for the final interview with the two of the company founders. Even though I had the interview confirmed with both, one never cared to show up, which is rather unprofessional. The other one spent about an hour interviewing me and it was an unpleasant experience. He asked me questions that touched my jobs from 10+ years ago, but barely focused on any recent experience, even though the latter applied to the job that I was interviewing for. In addition, his persona came across so cold and reserved that Buster Keaton would appear more approachable. Last, what I found rather odd for a software company was that they put heavy emphasis on using Macs in their office, "because they look good" for their open-space-office. Even the office location is rather bizarre, in the Pacific Design Center. Given that they cater to the financial industry, I found all those choices at odds with their audience and the line of business that they are in. I would definitely not recommend this place until they grow big enough to learn how to treat their potential employees, and apparently, current employees too. Also, as some of the previous comments state, I witnessed some nepotism among their employees, which is a no-no for a healthy work environment and growth.

AngularJS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at InvestCloud (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through a recruiting firm that submitted me right away. Had a phone call with their HR, mainly about my background and one technical question about $scope in Angular. Met in person the following week for an in person.

The interview was almost directly out a Udemy Course 'JS the Weird Parts' at least the Vanilla JS part, which I had started a few days prior to the interview. Had I finished it, which I did after, I probably would have passed with flying colors. Overall my interviewer was okay a little awkward though.

Interview Questions

• VanillaJS Questions:

What is the difference between null and undefined?

What is the difference between “==” and “===”?

What happens in this for loop? And how do you fix it?
          for(var i = 0; i < 10; i++){
              setTimeout(function(){
          console.log(i);
      }, 1000);
      }

What is .Call(), .apply(), .bind() in JS ?
      How would you replace a special character in a string “%” to “$” aside from using a for loop with the built in functions that JS has? What’s another way?

Write a function that takes in 2 parameters; the first being an int and the second being nth and you count from the right to the left. EG: 456 and you want nth position 2. It will output ‘5’.

AngularJS Questions:

Explain the Digest Cycle.
      What is Angular?
      What is $scope?
      What is 2-way data binding?
      Why would you restrict “E” vs. “A” in a directive?
      Write a directive that displays a message and asks the user if they’d like to get lunch and if they do alert a popup based on either answer.   Answer Question

Senior Angular Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at InvestCloud (West Hollywood, CA (US)).

Interview

Step 1 - Phone interview with basic Angular questions. If you've worked with Angular, you'll answer them fine. Alyse is the nicest person.
    Step 2 - 1.5 hour in person test. The first part is vanilla JS questions. Pretty basic stuff. The second part is angular questions. Again, it's not hard. The interviewer was great.

In Step 2, I was escorted to the office, took the test, and then escorted out. No office tour, meeting the team, anything. I thought maybe they hadn't liked how the test went, but they called me later to say I had done great and what did I think about the job? I think this step should really be a video test if the point isn't to show the office and team. It would help streamline the process. Overall a pleasant experience though!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with custom or 3rd party directives? What's the different between == and ===?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Lots of video conferences and then in person interviews. 10 total interviews for an entry level job which seems excessive but they are thorough. Some of the interviews were one-on-one others were with multiple people.

Senior Angular SDK Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at InvestCloud (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Just finding the office was a big hassle. Wait in the reception area for 30 minutes. The interview was taken by a proud-ish developer. The requirements they posted were AngularJS, C#. The developer asked questions about pure native javascript and none about angular. (other than what is a directive) Even when the requirement was about Angular Developer, 99% of questions were about native javascript and 1% about Angular. Apparently they do not even use jQuery in their apps and they say the company was founded in 2012. Get this, you pay a $13 parking fee because the interview process was for 1.5 hours and you are paying for your parking (No parking accomodation for interviewing candidates). Then no reply for 2 weeks. And then a reply after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• All questions about native plain old javascript (even though the position was for AngularJS)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InvestCloud (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

The recruiter who called for the phone interview was very friendly. Within a week or two, I had an in person interview. You start with a written test that is pretty hard so be good at thinking on spot. After is an in person interview with 3 people. That was the hardest part. The group comes off as unfriendly. Don't expect anyone to smile at you or make you feel welcome. They will grill you and make you feel small if you let them. After I left, I knew I wouldn't want to work at a place like this.

Interview Questions

• Tell us in detail what is on an monthly account statement.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.