Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

1,356 Interview Reviews

3.2

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

7 different interviews. Overall, it was the hardest interviewing process I've ever been through, but all the interviewers were incredibly thoughtful. The experience was quite intense but I'm still very grateful for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Presenting projects from my portfolio (portfolio review)   1 Answer

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2020.

Interview

I got an email from Palantir shortly after applying to request an online coding test. I got 2/3 of it right but did not move forward. They likely look for a 100% correct test.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Have one round of online coding challenge and another round of phone interview, and the HR manager was very helpful, and she was definitely kind to someone with little experience like me.

Interview Questions

• What is one aspect that you are interested in joining the Palantir?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

coding challenge, then recruiter call. never had such a terrible experience talking to a recruiter before, as she was very rude. she did not have a deep technical understanding as she confused ml infra with ml. does not seem to be a great place to work if the recruiter is representative of the culture

Interview Questions

• Why are you interviewing for such a diverse set of companies? What kind of engineering are you interested in?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

3 back to back interviews on site. Each interview was different. Only one was pure technical that you could study for the rest were on the spot performance. Really friendly interviewers and felt very welcomed. Overall good experience

Interview Questions

• Taught me a new subject on the spot then had to answer questions regarding it   1 Answer

Product Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Had a great experience interviewing here. Interviewers and HR were friendly and professional, and even empathetic about the length of the process. While I didn't get an offer, they were willing to give me feedback on the technical knowledge that I lacked for the role.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

First was a short behavioral phone screen, then technical phone screen through Karat. Questions were LC easy. Moving to onsite, started with a company intro before 3 interviews. System design was okay, no very complex requirements. Debugging was quite straightforward, used provided IntelliJ and Java environment. Coding round was LC medium, no advanced ds or algo required. The people were very friendly in general.

Interview Questions

• Consider a simple card game where the winner of each round is whoever has the highest card after drawing from top of hand. On ties, draw 4 cards from hand and compare 4th card. Round winner takes all cards on table. Players lose when they have no cards, down to one winner. Implement game.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Applied online. Received an online coding assessment a few weeks later. Coding challenge focused mainly on 2D Array dynamic programming. Really helped having path-finding algorithms on deck before hand. All things considered, it wasn't all that terrible of a coding assessment. Received a phone-screen after the fact.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Interview

An absolute joke. Their video technical was done by a 3rd party and their on-site questions were terrible. One of the questions is an extremely vague high-level system design. There's also a pair programming exercise in which they stare at you and force you to debug a Java program. Palantir has a history of racial discrimination in employment (look it up) and they're a company full of human trash with no ethics at any rate.

Deployment Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I interviewed at Palantir in 2019. Process took about four months. They are slow.

Process:
    1. phone screen with recruiter
    2. video interview with a deployment strategist (resume review, behavioral)
    3. onsite interview ( 1 behavioral, 2 decomposition)
    4. onsite interview (1 decomposition)
    5. onsite interview (meeting with hiring manager -all behavioral/mostly about goals and values)

Interview Questions

• Advice:
      Review the materials online, go over schema, review some consulting case interviews(i.e., improving main stream companies/improving public programs/what drives a process or event), review decomposition, look at their flagship products, reflect on your values and goals and go over your resume(interrogate it). Review notes on glassdoor – all relevant questions have been mentioned here .   Answer Question
    • 1. tell me about yourself?
      2. what is your story?
      3. why palantir?
      4. why did you leave your last company?
      5. what is next for you?
      6. tell me a time you failed at X
      7. strength/weakness
      8. talk about the process of giving/receiving feedback
      9. what was the worst part of participating in X?
      10. describe how you handled a difficult coworker
      11. biggest accomplishment
      12. what is the most challenging problem that you have solved
      13. how do you get everyone on the same page?
      14. how would you make X profitable?
      15. what would you do at X to drive “social good” ?
      16. how would you set the price for x?
      17. what are the drivers for x products?
      18. how would you find x – how would you find the root cause of the problem?
      19. discuss a recent project   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.