Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

1,319 Interview Reviews

3.2

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

I had a phone screening with one member of the finance team. The person was very kind but the questions were kind of difficult for an introductory phone screening. There were a lot of questions about security insights as well as policy questions about Palantir. Overall the experience was good but I had the feeling that the questions were not so much related to the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what is your opinion about cyber security.   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in May 2014.

Interview

Initial screen by telephone. Had to use Palantir software from home and answer some questions. Final interview at office. 2 one-on-ones and 1 two-on-one. Behavioral questions, cases, and asked to consider how Palantir could approach healthcare.

Interview Questions

• How can Palantir's approach be applied to healthcare?   2 Answers

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Please be as detailed as possible - everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Interview Questions

• Given a bag of nuts and a bag of bolts, each having a different size within a bag but exactly one match in the other bag, give a fast algorithm to find all matches.   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2008.

Interview

There was a 2-level phone screen, primarily based on Java programming. The on-site interview involved a brief (literally 30 second) meeting with the CEO, followed by a series of 30 minute interviews lasting essentially all day. There were about 10-15 other candidates there at the same time, so we were basically shuttled around between different "stations" and asked to do Java on whiteboards.

The company has a traditional startup feel to it, so you have to be interested in that for this to be a good fit. I went in expecting to be asked to work 60 hours a week, and to get a reasonable share in the company (at the time I interviewed, they told me there were about 100 software engineers on staff). Long story short, they are looking for people to work about 60 hours a week, but they're not compensating for that with their pay package.

The interview process itself was quite intense (expect 8-10 half hour interview sessions), but friendly and not overly difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the shortest path between two nodes in a graph? Write code in Java to do this.   3 Answers

The compensation was severely lacking. The company has no timeline for going public, which makes payment in stock options kind of a joke. The salary is pretty bad compared to what you could get in the BAy Area with the qualifications they're looking for -- even if they did suddenly go public, the company would have to be valued at $20 billion for the options to be worth enough money to compensate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in May 2009.

Interview

They gave me a short (30-45 minute) phone screen within a couple days of me submitting my resume, and then scheduled me for on-site interviews the following week. My on-site interviews were split up across two consecutive days, and lasted from 10:00 - 3:00 the first day and from 3:00 - 6:00 the next day. I was probably interviewed by about eight different people, including the founders of the company. The interviews were very challenging -- definitely more difficult than Google's, Microsoft's, or anywhere else I've interviewed -- but also very relevant to the skill set they were interested in. The interviewers were friendly and professional. There were no "puzzle" or "brainteaser" questions asked -- they were mostly algorithmic in nature. They also gave me a demo of their main product, and talked for a while on Palantir's vision and about why they believe that what they're building is so important in today's world.

Negotiation

They presented me with three different packages (increasing salary and decreasing stock options), and I negotiated to take the highest salary offer combined with the medium stock offer. Overall, their offer was extremely competitive compared to other companies in the Bay Area. The benefits package was also very competitive (free breakfast/lunch/dinner, laundry service, massages, etc). After I accepted the offer, but before my start date, the engineering directors and my new (future) team took me out to dinner to celebrate. They definitely went out of their way to make me feel wanted :)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Had a brief phone screen (about 30 minutes) which ended with a few technical questions. Next step was an online test question (automatic grading, similar to the site Hackerrank). After passing that, the followup was a technical phone interview with a software engineer which consisted of technical questions and programming.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Spoke with them at a career fair. They offer to ask you a technical question on the spot, which I chose to do because I was curious and this was my first (sort of) technical interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you find duplicates between two arrays?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with remotely paired coding, followed by an on-site with 4 technical interviews. I felt all but one of the on-sites went pretty well; one did not. That interviewer was very rude, and used their phone throughout the interview. I didn't think I would get along with that employee, and it really turned me off to the company.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structures, string manipulation, and time series.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in March 2015.

Interview

There were two rounds of phone/skype interviews. One was for getting in touch with one of their team members and general questions for background, etc., the second is more official technical and behavioral interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

First, I had two technical phone interviews. Afterwards, I was invited for an on-site interview. This consisted of seven consecutive technical interviews (plus a lunch break). None of the questions themselves were especially difficult, but it was certainly a long day. Both along the way and afterwards, I was given a lot of detailed feedback. Collectively, it was a very positive experience and I consistently got a very favorable impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Without providing specific questions, most were of the form of first arriving at a viable solution and then analyzing and improving it.

My interview with the team lead differed from the others. After some non-technical questions, I was asked to propose high level solutions to large-scale, open ended problems. Afterwards, I was told that these were problems that the team had recently addressed.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.