Palantir Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,637 of over 1,637.0 interviews

Employee Referral16%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Palantir Technologies

Application

I interviewed at Palantir Technologies

Interview

Six separate interviews, first two phone screeners, then three interviews on-site then a founders' interview with Dr. Karp's chief of staff; the meat of the interview were the problem decomp questions, which are detailed plenty elsewhere. My main impression was that it was too expansive.

Interview Questions
  • How would you make sense of a pharmacy's membership data?
    Answer Question

Palantir Technologies

Application

I interviewed at Palantir Technologies

Interview

First was an online assessment. I was contacted within a few days to schedule 3 back to back 1 hour long interviews. Decomp, learning, and a coding question. Each interview began with behavioral questions for 15-20 minutes before the technical part. They let me know the same day that I was moving on to the next phase, a one hour interview with the hiring manager. We talked for 30 minutes about my experience and then did a coding question. Rejection email came a week later.

Interview Questions
  • Decomp was designing a database system. Coding questions were Leetcode medium

What people are saying about Palantir Technologies

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY)

Interview

The process is great. Had a referral and started with a karat. After karat is an HR call followed with virtual onsite. The last round is meeting with the hiring manager. They get back to my very fast and was able to answer all sort of questions

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Palantir Technologies

Application

I interviewed at Palantir Technologies

Interview

I applied to a few admin openings. Each had a vague description of who/where in the company the person would be expected to support but I was fascinated with Palantir’s mission and wanted to explore the available opportunities. 1st -Coordinator contacted me by email to set up a phone screen 2nd -A few days later had a 30 min. call with an admin assistant. After, I was sent demos of their platforms to review and had to sign a non-disclosure 3rd -A week later a 1.5-hour panel video interview with 3 additional admin assistants 4th -Few days later another 1.5-hour panel video interview including 2 additional admin assistants and finally, 1 Human Resources member 5th -Few days later another 30 min. video interview with 1 more admin assistant 1. During the setup of each of these interviews I had to ask the coordinator who I’d be interviewing with (names…etc.) 2. In each of these interviews, I was asked situational questions, often the same generic ones. 3. With each person I spoke with, I was trying to gain further context as to which admin position they thought I was interviewing for, but no one was able to provide concrete input into where I would be placed if hired, i.e., (location/section/group) 4. In my last video screen, the interviewer said she moved out of an admin role and her group was looking for an admin. Based on that statement, I asked her if this person would be potentially joining her group, she said she didn’t know, and I needed to ask the interview coordinator to gain further context. …I followed up after with the interview coordinator after and she didn’t know either. 5. A few days later, I got a no-reply, generic decline email. My takeaways: 1. I understand interview processes, it’s a great way to see if it’s a good fit on both sides but Palantir’s process is extremely time consuming, vague, and oddly structured. 2. I sensed that they were just casually interviewing me with seemingly no end in sight for concrete answers. Some of interviewers didn’t even look at my resume, were reading questions off a screen and didn’t seem all that interested. 3. I’ve interviewed at higher-ranking companies and had much more enjoyable experiences. Palantir was just awful. Don’t waste your time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Palantir Technologies

Application

I interviewed at Palantir Technologies

Interview

Had the 1st round of interview with Karat, there were 3 questions to be done in 45 min. Interviewer was very helpful, and comfortable to talk with. Initial 10 minutes were basic algo questions, mainly based on time complexities.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Palantir Technologies

Application

I interviewed at Palantir Technologies

Interview

The recruiters put a lot of emphasis on how unique their process is and not like the consulting process it is - this confuses and doesn't help in preparing for the interviews. Most interviews are identical to consulting ones with the exception of their coding interview. For the coding interview you are again being told that it's very unique and impossible to prepare however it turns out that it's just very standard SQL questions in their own programming language. I don't know whether it was a function of mis-levelling, random assignment or just how their process works, but most people who interviewed me were a few years after uni - much more junior than me. They asked a lot of irrelevant or weird questions like "why did you chose that firm for your post-uni job" (I'm a very experienced professional and uni was many-many years for me) or "have you ever lead a team" (have you opened my resume? it's like asking an financial analyst if they've ever tried opening excel).

Interview Questions
  • - company x is experiencing difficulties because of the competitors actions, what do you do? - join table X to table Y on this key and write a statement for it - why did you choose a job x?

Palantir Technologies

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in Nov 2021

Interview

Straight into a 2-hour data analysis challenge (no discussion about the role or my expectations). Response a week later, but no feedback or insight into their decision. Encouraged to apply again in 8 months time!

Interview Questions
  • Data manipulation, aggregation and exploratory analytics on a CSV data file

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in Nov 2021

Interview

The first Interview was a karat interview. It had a knowledge based portion of data structures and algorithms and second part consisting of problem solving questions. I got a hashmap&string question and a graph traversal one. Had a good time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Palantir Technologies

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies

Interview

Was sent a HackerRank assignment within a week of submitting my online application that detailed walking through a real-life problem that would be faced in the role. Within a day or two of completing that, I was invited to have a video interview with someone on the team within the next week. The video interview was about an hour long and included basic questions about the job and my experience plus an additional problem-solving exercise related to the role. The video interview was with someone who was not even located in the same country as the office I applied for, which I found a bit odd and impersonal (I also never spoke to the individual who had been emailing me to setup the interviews). Received an email the next day that they were moving on. Overall I appreciated the punctuality with the responses, but I found the lack of personalization of the experience/inability to speak with someone on the actual team I was applying for slightly off-putting.

Interview Questions
  • Walking through a troubleshooting problem related to understanding the system architecture

Palantir Technologies

Application

I interviewed at Palantir Technologies

Interview

I applied through a referral. The process took a few months. First was a HR screen, then was a 1st round, then was a final round. HR was nice but would have hoped for the process to be a bit quicker

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about traffic patterns and how to use data to improve it
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,637 Interviews