Revolut Backend Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Revolut Backend Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Revolut

Backend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Revolut (Kraków (Poland)) in December 2018.

Interview

We made a brief Skype call with HR, who was a nice lady, and she has introduced the company. Then, they gave me a code test. This is where the problem begins.

First of all, they only have one task, for a long time. Several of my friends applied for this company before me, and they always give the same task: a money transfer API.

My friends' tasks had fatal issues, and i studied their mistakes and made mine fool proof. I spent 1 week coding it, more than 6 hours per day. Everything was going great, i thought that was the cleanest code i have ever written. Then they rejected it.

The reason ?
"mvn test fails".

They didn't say anything about i should use maven in the task description. There were absolutely nothing.

I wish someone at least have read the rest of my code and give me a detailed feedback for just to respect my wasted hours. They just scraped it in 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Design and implement a RESTful API (including data model and the backing implementation)
    for money transfers between accounts.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Revolut

Backend Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

The process was in chaos. The recruiter worked for this company need some training. Even though they claim that they are a fin-tech company, however, their recruiter did not have any clue what they are doing. They cannot tell the difference between DevOps, Business operation and Software Development.

The recruiter insists that "we only need five years work-experience programmer" and asked me to try other positions, in my case, some business analysts job.

After a long time communication, the recruiter cannot still don't know what she was doing and randomly assigned me a take-home task.

Interview Questions

• Setup a simple service with high availability.   1 Answer

Backend Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut in March 2019.

Interview

My interview experience with Revolut is extremely positive one.

Initially a recruiter got in touch with me and we had an initial introduction about Revolut, the position and myself. He explained well how the process will go about from there.

Post that I had a take home test. It was pretty easy and straight forward test asking to build a simple banking API. They had given 7 days to revert back with answer which is more than sufficient.

Post that they reviewed my submission and next step was a detailed technical interview.
    It involved some live coding on simple problems. The interviewers were well prepared and gave hints wherever possible. They were friendly.
    Other questions were around databases, Java and general check on how i solve problems.

Last step was a technical discussion with senior engineers who asked questions based on my experiences and sought how i solved problems. Again it was a pleasant experience and the interviewers were well prepared.

At each step i was given detailed feedback.

Interview Questions

• How do you know that your database queries are taking time? How will you solve it?   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.