Revolut Backend Developer Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jun 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Revolut

Employee Referral20%
HardAverageEasy
Found 5 candidate interviews
Revolut
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut in Jul 2019

Interview

I applied in revoult in July 2019 and got a revert from HR regarding an HR discussion. After the HR discussion, she gave a technical home task to build an application for Money Transfer which does not have any detailed requirement and asked to use common sense which should be completed within a week. I would like to warn everyone reading this review especially anyone requiring work visas, please do not apply and waste your time. As companies like this give an abstract requirement and expect you to think exactly what they are thinking. I developed the code and wasted 3 days and then waited for a week to get a NO from the recruiter. I followed all the design principles, covered all test cases, applied common sense and add functionalities such as commission deduction in case of international transfers which they considered as OVER ENGINEERING and rejected. A complete waste of time and efforts.

Interview Questions
  • Develop Restful API for money transfer
    Answer Question
Revolut
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut in Mar 2019

Interview

My interview experience with Revolut is extremely positive one. Initially a recruiter got in touch with me and we had an initial introduction about Revolut, the position and myself. He explained well how the process will go about from there. Post that I had a take home test. It was pretty easy and straight forward test asking to build a simple banking API. They had given 7 days to revert back with answer which is more than sufficient. Post that they reviewed my submission and next step was a detailed technical interview. It involved some live coding on simple problems. The interviewers were well prepared and gave hints wherever possible. They were friendly. Other questions were around databases, Java and general check on how i solve problems. Last step was a technical discussion with senior engineers who asked questions based on my experiences and sought how i solved problems. Again it was a pleasant experience and the interviewers were well prepared. At each step i was given detailed feedback.

Interview Questions
  • How do you know that your database queries are taking time? How will you solve it?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Revolut (Moscow) in Mar 2019

Interview

An interview with HR, home assignment - I was asked to develop some CRUD service using spring boot and java, technical interview with a live coding session. I didn't like the fact that interviewers reviewed my home assignment 10 minutes before the on-site technical interview and it felt like they took my time only to see if I am going to do the assignment at all. They also kept asking me questions about no-SQL databases even though I told them that I have little experience with them and cannot describe the internals.

Interview Questions
  • How do collections work, CAP theorem, difference between no-SQL databases, how transactions work in Hibernate
Revolut
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut

Interview

The process was in chaos. The recruiter worked for this company need some training. Even though they claim that they are a fin-tech company, however, their recruiter did not have any clue what they are doing. They cannot tell the difference between DevOps, Business operation and Software Development. The recruiter insists that "we only need five years work-experience programmer" and asked me to try other positions, in my case, some business analysts job. After a long time communication, the recruiter cannot still don't know what she was doing and randomly assigned me a take-home task.

Interview Questions
  • Setup a simple service with high availability.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Revolut (Kraków) in Dec 2018

Interview

We made a brief Skype call with HR, who was a nice lady, and she has introduced the company. Then, they gave me a code test. This is where the problem begins. First of all, they only have one task, for a long time. Several of my friends applied for this company before me, and they always give the same task: a money transfer API. My friends' tasks had fatal issues, and i studied their mistakes and made mine fool proof. I spent 1 week coding it, more than 6 hours per day. Everything was going great, i thought that was the cleanest code i have ever written. Then they rejected it. The reason ? "mvn test fails". They didn't say anything about i should use maven in the task description. There were absolutely nothing. I wish someone at least have read the rest of my code and give me a detailed feedback for just to respect my wasted hours. They just scraped it in 5 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Design and implement a RESTful API (including data model and the backing implementation) for money transfers between accounts.

Popular Careers with Revolut Job Seekers