Revolut Business Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Revolut Business Development Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Revolut

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in September 2019.

Interview

Highly unprofessional experience -
Received an email from recruiter that I have been shortlisted for the managerial position 3 months after I applied. The first step was to be a video interview. However, the interviewer did not turn up during the 45 minutes I waited (allotted interview time period). Sent a couple of emails mid-way, immediately after and a few days later. Yet, there was no response and no alternate contact information was provided.

I guess the negative publicity about the company wasn't exaggerated after all.

Other Interview Reviews for Revolut

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Upon submitting my online application, I was contacted by the recruiter asking to arrange for a video call with one of the employees as the next step. The call took place via Google Hangouts and lasted around 30 mins. The person who interviewed me was a generic operations person/ex Uber who didn't seem to possess any banking knowledge. I have over 8 years of experience in finance both selling to banks and working in one of the world's largest banks, so, respectfully, I don't think an individual with a purely operations background was the right choice to interview me even at this stage. He didn't seem interested in my creative answers and kept pushing for me to answer the questions in the way he would have expected, i.e. things he needed to tick on his sheet. Poor engagement/no eye contact during the call. This has to be one of the worst interview experiences given the size/scope of the company - it felt like I was interviewing for a very small and unknown business with no proper structure in place. I got a rejection the following day merely because I didn't provide the exact answers they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to make a move to a fintech startup?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

As a Revolut user that loves the product, I sent my CV to apply for this job. I had a good resume so I was immediately interviewee by the Business Developer for Europe.
    The interview was excellent (I was very well prepared) and went on to the next step.

The "next step" was the problem.
    They ask me to get 200 new clients in 7 days.
    For me this was not ethic and not the kind of task I was expecting for the position, but I accepted. Meantime, I contacted other business managers that had worked with Revolut, and soon I understood that the bad reviews I read here (and in other sites) are real and not only from frustrated old employees.

After 1 week I received an email saying that I had not reached the goal.
    They didn't ask me what I've donne... they just made an evaluation by the numbers.
    I need to say that even for the best PR's (and they are specialists in getting new clients) it's almost impossible to get 200 new clients in 7 days.
    Because of these considerations, I think Revolut gave to the candidates an impossible goal to reach, and the job offer it's only a scheme to get new clients (otherwise, they would ask what I had donne to accomplish the task).

The "worst" was that some new clients I get had problems with revolut and they are now contacting me because Revolut is ignoring them.

Many people (old employees, embassadors, etc...) said to me a phrase that I now share: I love the product, not the company.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was easy, friendly, fun and upbeat. After I applied for the role, I had to prepare a Challenge Strategy relevant to the role and team I will be joining as part of the hiring process and then I had two video call interviews within less than two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      Why did you apply for this role?
      Why do you think you are suitable for the role?
      What do understand you will be doing?
      How your previous experience and skills could match with this role?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.