Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Hardware engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Fourth onsite interview: - Explain me the metastability - How can you cross different clock domains - Explain me how a FIFO does work and how is it built Fifth onsite interview: - Reasoning questions. Too much complicated to explain by text, sorry guys!

Microprocessor desing

1 Answer

Implement a combination-logic circuit for the state machine.

1 Answer

At first they asked implementing some sort of function with hardware. After that do it with less hardware. After that design on board a state machine recognising some specific series of 0s and 1s. Finally implementing multiplication of 8 bit numbers with 4 bit multipliers + whatever I needed. Also they asked about read after write problems to processors and things on computer architecture. Also they asked me things on my Thesis.

1 Answer

Q: How to multiply a number by 2? by 7? by 14?

1 Answer

Q: With a flip-flop coming after an 8-bit multiplier to save the result, what is the requirement for the time delay of this multiplier? If the multiplier did not meet the requirement, what kind of violation it should be?

1 Answer

Q: How to check if an 80-character long string is parenthesis balanced?

1 Answer

Q: How to implement a 3-bit LFSR and build your output logic with it? If there is some brief state '111' that only lasts a really short time, what is the most possible reason it would be? When is it most likely to happen? How to amend this circuit?

1 Answer

Q: There are 100 people attending the tennis tournament, now we would like to have some people to skip the first round to get to the second round so that this tournament could go well. How many people should we bypass in the first round? How many matches there are in total? and why?

110 of 99 Interview Questions