Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Summer analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Out of 25 horses, pick the fastest 3 horses. In each race, only 5 horses can run at the same time. What is the minimum number of races required?

4 Answers

5 races

You need 7; first 5 races to determine ranking among groups of 5, then you can race the winners from each 5 group and that will give you the fastest one. Then to get 2nd and 3rd horse, you need one more race. So in total 7.

I believe there are six. After you determine the fastest 5 out of the 25 you can just have one more race and choose ranking 1, 2, 3

How would you advise a hedgefund manager with a large portfolio who is about to announce at a conference that a Greek exit from the euro is inevitable?

4 Answers

You are sitting in a boat in the middle of a lake (alone) and drop in the ancor - Does the water level increase or decrease?

2 Answers

You and I are sitting at a round table, playing a game of coin. By turns we put down a coin on the table until the table is full. The first person who cannot put down another coin has lost. Do you want to put down the first or the second coin?

2 Answers

You only have Net Income and Sales, which other financial number you would like to have to evaluate a company? (overall, i found the questions not very difficult)

17/18 as an exact decimal

3 Answers

What is the probability of you walking out of this room and seeing someone without the average number of legs.

2 Answers

You are going to see a sports tournament between two teams. Best of 7. Can only have win/loss outcomes. Devise the optimum betting strategy such that at the end of the tournament you are either up 100 or down 100. Was initially confused about starting money but he told me that you can bet any amount.

2 Answers

Why should we choose you over the other two candidates ?

1 Answer

What is the most efficient way to board a plane? How would you explain a database to a 7 years old?

1 Answer