Paddle Reviews

Found 53 of over 56 reviews

4.5
Paddle CEO Christian Owens
Christian Owens
Pros
  • "The professional and personal I have had while at Paddle has been great(in 15 reviews)

• "Flexible working hours, as well as unlimited holiday & working from home days(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Still lots of teething problems as expected with a start up like Paddle(in 7 reviews)

• "Very fast paced, every week is different, could be tough if you're not used to it(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

110.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Paddle~988509
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Value, Trust, Autonomy, Impact

Dec 9, 2021 - Talent Partner in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely love working @ Paddle. I feel truly valued as an employee and the autonomy and flexibility I am given to choose where and how I work at all times is brilliant. There is a really strong, transparent culture through the company. People are always encouraged to ask questions and everyone in the company is incredibly approachable. There are regular company wide virtual meets to share the activity of different departments, giving everyone in the company access to see what we are working on across the business. We also hold regular "ask me anything" sessions with Paddles exec team which I really appreciate. In the 2 months I have spent so far with the company, I have been amazed at how Paddle look after it's people. The range of perks are the best I have ever had and beyond that, the way the company truly considers the employees in everything it does is outstanding. It is a privilege to work with such a talented group and to contribute to the mission of Paddle, which is very exciting!

Cons

I honestly do not have any negatives to share.

Paddle Response

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad you're loving being a Paddler!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Jan 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work with some amazing benefits! Paddle is knows how to make their employee's feel valued.

Cons

Not many that I can think of

Paddle Response

Thank you for your feedback! ❤️

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Flexibility Galore

Nov 22, 2021 - Junior IT Support Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can work from anywhere in the world. Plus with added benefits that include working in a different country for up to 45 days a year!

Cons

A lot of potential with projects that end up getting axed or replaced before production. Can sometimes feel months on work is wasted.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Nov 29, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great people - chances to grow in carer

Cons

- could be better at planning

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Toxic Boys' Club

Dec 17, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- unlimited holiday - sensible approach to pandemic

Cons

There's a top layer of management that floats on top of the engineering department and poisons the culture. It's uniformly made up of cishet white men who bully and manipulate those below them. You will absolutely be blamed for their mistakes, and convinced that you're not good enough. You will be manipulated to work too many hours, being told that you're not delivering or living up to expectations. If you're not part of the in-group, you will never see a promotion or recognition for your achievements. You will receive encouragement to put in extra efforts to contribute to work culture event such as hackathons, but don't expect to ever see recognition or reward for such things. Any effort on your part to call out problems or to improve the culture will result in you being accused of being the cause of the problem. Management frequently make dumb decisions and blame those under them when it doesn't pan out. The codebase's quality reflects the dysfunctional team culture. If you're not a cishet white dudebro, you probably aren't going to have a great time in the engineering department.

Paddle Response

Thanks for taking the time review. The language you use to describe the engineering culture, is not one that we associate with Paddle. We’re an embracing, inclusive group of talented individuals that always strive for better. Whilst we do acknowledge we're not perfect, we are absolutely committed in growing and providing an inclusive environment where everyone feels like they have a voice and can most importantly grow and contribute. I'm sorry your experience didn't match our intentions. Nonetheless, thank you for being part of our journey.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for

Oct 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The professional and personal I have had while at Paddle has been great. They really care about and look after their people. I have had great support progessing in my career while keeping a good work/life balance. With the high growth we are going through it is a really exciting time at the company and going to be some really interesting years ahead.

Cons

High growth does come with some growing pains around process. The challenge of solving these as we scale is something I'm looking forward to.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work at!

Sep 29, 2021 - Marketing Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, very transparent and open You have the autonomy to make decisions fast Great benefits in remote stipend, learning and development, parental leave and more Great training provided to new managers Fun culture where you can make friends Flexible working with no meeting days and focus on mental health

Cons

Very fast paced, every week is different, could be tough if you're not used to it With autonomy also comes the responsibility of having to be proactive to get things done with other teams

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Smart, brilliant people - lots of fun!

Jul 10, 2021 - Head of Talent in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong leadership Solid purpose and mission Great product Some nice perks and benefits including unlimited holiday, remote working stipend, £1000 individual learning budget, working remote and an awesome office Scaling fast so lots of opportunities to grow and progress my career

Cons

None yet, all very refreshing

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Brilliant people and culture

Jun 22, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, sense of collaboration and genuine opportunities to make friends with colleagues. Handled remote onboarding process well but it's even better now returning to office.

Cons

Highly changeable company wide, but this is nature of startup/scaleup. Means you can have voice heard but can mean big decisions can be made rapidly.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company to work for

Mar 24, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Management, really great team atmosphere, and great company directive headed up by C-Suite.

Cons

Experiencing hyper growth, so some things seem to fall behind

Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Reviews