Paddle Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.8
Paddle CEO Christian Owens
Christian Owens
  1. Featured Review

"You'll grow working at Paddle"

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Paddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work environment and company culture. Young, ambitious heads at the helm driving Paddle through more and more rounds of funding and growth. Very open, opposite of corporate which is refreshing and certainly a company going places. A technically demanding sales role which will set you up for employment anywhere, you really will learn at an exceptional rate.

Cons

As with all young companies, culture can take time to develop, something older and more established companies take for granted. If you can be patient and flexible though, as Paddle matures from a rebellious teen to a Bruce Wayne, it will no doubt be one to watch and be a real stamp on the map for UK based tech startups.

Advice to Management

More channels of mentorship

Paddle2018-09-24
  2. "Lots of opportunities to learn & grow."

Current Employee - Fraud & Chargeback Analyst

I have been working at Paddle full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great learning resources available. - Career growth is a primary focus; you can never stop learning! - The company actually put their values into practice. - Flexible working hours, as well as unlimited holiday & working from home days.

Cons

- It can feel like a risk, naturally working for a start up company (but there is full transparency within the company and there will never be any nasty surprises).

Advice to Management

- Keep doing what you're doing!

Paddle2019-09-17
  3. "Fast Paced and Challenging Environment Where You're Always Supported"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Paddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Constant drive for improvement and success but not at the cost of employees * Benefits of a corporate firm at a scale-up size >> Healthcare, Food, Exercise, Education etc. * You can see the impact of your actions both in Customers and internally * Continuous learning no matter how much previous experience you had * Flat management Structure

Cons

* Lots of self-initiative required to have impact * Constantly changing environment which isn't for everyone * Get out what you put in

Paddle2019-09-02
  4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at Paddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paddle is an inclusive and friendly place to work. You have the opportunity to learn lots from talented colleagues and resources and that includes skills that are outside your core team. They have some awesome benefits that show trust in their employees - flexible working, unlimited holiday. In addition, they care about you as a person and try to set you up for success through different initiatives like mental... health support, coaching, office hours with different departments. You have the opportunity to move up in the company as internal promotions are very common.

Cons

As the company moves from startup to scale up they are experiencing some growing pains around processes. Change is often and you have to flexible to adapt.

Paddle2019-08-21
  5. "Great environment to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect

I have been working at Paddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great people - Great product - Very flexible in terms of working - Push to learn new things

Cons

- Growing pains (although this seems to be getting better)

Paddle2019-07-25
  6. "Unlimited opportunities to grow!"

Current Employee - People Advisor in London, England

I have been working at Paddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

- At Paddle, your role can be what you make of it - If you take initiative, you are rewarded and managers go out of their way to support you - One of the most broad-minded people policies and benefits - As a first time mum, I found my transition to work post maternity break the easiest amongst my peer group - Understanding manager, Flexible working all ensured that only work matters and not where you do it it... from

Cons

Like any start-up, as the dust from the rapid scaling up settles for a while, it is now time to focus on developing people with internal moves, career development frameworks and more strategic people initiatives! I would love to see more of that!

Paddle2019-08-07
  7. "A company with lots of potential, opportunities to grow and decent structure"

Current Employee - Seller Success Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Paddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Good learning resources, learning initiatives and drive to inform both internally and externally. 2) Lots of effort in developing the community and social initiatives, very progressive/liberal company and room to be yourself, as well as an attitude of acceptance to different working styles/behaviours. 3) Great office environment; looks nice, smells nice, nice aesthetics, food and snacks, etc. 4) Lots of... opportunity to take on new projects, collaborate with different teams and gain exposure in different areas. 5) Career progression seems to be a theme throughout my time here; my friends and colleagues aren't all in the same places they were in when I started. 6) Unlimited work from home days, sick days and holidays.

Cons

1) Sometimes too much freedom compromises structure and being that this is a business it isn't always a good thing. 2) Sometimes the fluidity of its structure makes planning a career or your future at the company difficult, but being a sort of 'startup' I wouldn't expect too much in that regard anyway. 3) Currently the company is in a weird sort of transitional stage where it has moved to a larger office but... doesn't quite have enough people to fill the space, so at times it feels like a large co-working space as opposed to a team space. 4) There are few 'leaders' who aren't formally appointed. The company should focus on producing more leaders who will drive change from the bottom-up. 5) Slack shouldn't replace face-to-face interactions; I barely know most of my colleagues and I likely never will (although I do care to). Some people which I've interacted with on Slack shy away when you speak to them in person, or ignore you completely. It's bizarre quite frankly.

Advice to Management

Focus on producing more leaders from the bottom-up. Inspire action and encourage your team to interact with other members of the business more often. There's so much potential wasted because people isolate themselves or have no one to look up to in this company. Also, walk around the office sometimes and say hello, or hotdesk somewhere else. Be visible!

Paddle2019-06-27
  8. "No better place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Paddle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paddle has it all, a product that works and I believe in, a great office in a perfect location, fantastic people to be around, benefits to reward its staff and a role that challenges and pushes you. I couldn't ask for anything else.

Cons

I can't think of a con really, maybe that I didn't join it sooner?

Paddle2019-06-26
  9. "Not able to handle growth well"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at Paddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great perks, nice location and a lot of energy in the company

Cons

The company was great, and it still is good, but it was not able to maintain its culture and processes well with growth. Many decisions were made based on what top 2-3 people in the company wanted to do, instead of what was the right thing to do. Outside hires were given preference, instead of nurturing internal talent. Processes were adopted because Paddle wanted to be a cool employer, but were not implemented... properly. Eventually ended up leaving company out of frustration. Found out later that many other people ended up leaving the company around the same time.

Advice to Management

Don't try to be cool. Do the right thing.

Paddle2019-07-06
  10. "Customer Success"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist

I have been working at Paddle full-time

Pros

Amazing company and great benefits

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say

Paddle2019-06-11