Paddle Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 46 of over 46 interviews

In Person10%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

Interview process was average but nowhere near enough time was provided on the technical aspect. Was asked to model a Hotel Booking system but only had 9 mins to complete before feedback and questions at the end. Feedback from interview was that the modelling was not detailed enough but unsure how much detail can be provided in less than 10 mins for an unknown domain. Other feedback well received but overall poor interview style and time.

Interview Questions
  • Model a hotel booking system
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

-> Screen Round: question about experience -> Technical Round: very supportive interviewer basic technical question and design to react approach discussion -> Cultural interview: panel ask some cultural and behavioural questions

Interview Questions
  • -> Tell us about your experience -> Asked design page conversion to React -> Simple es6 six exercise to replace all keys string in deep object

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

162 Comments

Join the conversation on

Paddle

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle

Interview

It started with a SQL and Excel analytical test. Got a response a few weeks later telling me they wanted to schedule a call to get to meet me. The day after the call I get an email saying that the call was no longer happening because the position was offered to someone else. Cold, strange and disorganized process.

Interview Questions
  • Based on the following tables, please create a sql query to solve the following questions

Paddle

Application

I interviewed at Paddle

Interview

I was referred to a recruitment company who organised the assessment centre for this company. It was very competitive. Following the assessment centre they invited me to the interview stage for which I had to prepare a 30 min presentation on their competitors.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Paddle

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddle

Interview

I applied for the role on LinkedIn and was invited via email to have a telephone interview. The interview consisted of me describing my previous experience and skills I have that were relevant to the role. I was then informed of the next stage of the process which would happen at a later date. In spite of this interview appearing to go well, I received a automated rejection email stating that other candidates skills were more suited to the role. I find this puzzling as I didn't do an in person/video interview and I never had to complete a competency test. So on what basis was this decision reached ? This was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in Mar 2020

Interview

1Phone Call with People Team - classic startup interview - not extremely defined culture, but good vibe overall 2. Technical Test 1 (Zoom call) - this might be F2F for you, but this is happening because of the pandemic - some overall question about how you currently work, seems to me more informative for the Paddle team to see how other companies deal with similar roles. - the actual technical part was basically 10 lines of code (adding their Checkout button on a page). I guess it's a good measure to filter non-technical people, but if you are applying you are probably more than able to do this. This task assesses your ability to read their docs basically. 3. Technical Test 2 and Commercial - Zoom call - this is normally a F2F but there is a pandemic going on - the task was a basic config of their Checkout solution and a simple POST/GET request done to their API from a server-side language. Again, if you can read docs and do HTTP calls you are all good. Basically assessing the same thing as phase 1. - after the tech test, there is an interaction with someone from the commercial team. Put on your Relationship Manager/ Customer Success pants for this one. Sure it's not the role you are applying for, but seems to be what they want to hear. Talk about how you manage relations with clients.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to join Paddle?
  • If you come from a similar role; How do you manage the full client go-live process and what role do you play?
  • How do you manage relations with clients?
  • Describe a situation where a salesperson is selling a feature you might not have. How do you handle it? (perhaps assume this is happening in a meeting with a client and you are present)
  • How do you manage stakeholders? (a summary of many questions)
  • What do you do if a client is complaining about something not working?
1 person found this interview helpful

Paddle

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle in Mar 2020

Interview

The interview process was fast and straightforward, despite the unfolding COVID-19 situation. Great communication from all the team members (all-virtual interviewing), who were open and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
  • The interview questions varied and were focused on my past product experience and whether I can provide relevant examples that are suitable for their role. The conversations were smooth (1st with talent partner; 2nd and 3rd with other PMs (back-to-back); 4th with Group PM & Engineering Lead & final one on culture) and we covered anything from communication with stakeholders; design & engineering teams to product discovery; delivery and ongoing results measurement. There was a brief assignment as well that required from me to explore a bit more their service; competitors and suggest potential enhancements and how they can be tackled.

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England)

Interview

Process is split into 3 stages, relatively straight-forward. The interviewers were extremely helpful and approachable. I found it easy to communicate and felt extremely comfortable during my 15 minute presentation. I was encouraged to ask questions about the company of which i had plenty and all were answered sufficiently.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in Nov 2019

Interview

Talent partner was 10 minutes late for the call (on a Friday). Call was to dive into my experience etc. Was told that at the end of the call I would hear no back no later than Monday. A couple of LinkedIn messages to the recruiter, first response was they'll get back to me the end of the week as they're interviewing other candidates. Second message was ghosted. Unprofessional experience, regardless of the outcome of the process, candidates should be managed properly, successful or unsuccessful.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

3 stages: Stage 1 - Call with the recruiter Stage 2 - F2F with a Sales Manager Stage 3 - F2F and presentation with Sales Manager and VP of Sales An all-round poor experience that has quite frankly put me off interviewing at other companies. The presentation consists of looking at their competitors under the pretence that you are a product owner recommending one solution to the head of product and the CFO of a preselected company. Paddle, unfortunately, is uninterested in seeing how you present in a sales environment or how you come across or the quality of the presentation slides. What they want instead is a generic presentation on the differences between competitors. It’s for that reason my recommendation to anyone else doing this presentation is to not try to make the presentation interesting or impressive. Do not try to pick outside the box companies to reflect a broad scope of competition. Instead, take the information readily available off the front page of the competitor’s website and copy that into a slide deck and you are in a with a good shot of winning a position at Paddle. My questions and recommendations to Paddle in the future are this. What are your goals and motivations in hiring someone in sales? Are you after a motivated salesperson or are you after somebody that knows everything about the industry in its entirety after 3 days? If so, why provide 3 weeks of training when they start? As a quickly growing company, it’s unsustainable in terms of both your own time and resources and that of the candidates to write someone off over one mistake in a presentation. To continue with that mindset will only result in a bottleneck of talent as you overlook otherwise, and this is in your own words not mine, “a candidate with a great sales background, who has the past experience in start-up we are looking for, asked great questions and presented well and confidently” I write this review purely because my other disappointment lies in the lack of communication from Paddle themselves. After spending hours and hours creating a presentation and having a number of back and forth conversations via email with the sales manager, I was so disappointed to not even get a response to a very candid email asking for further feedback. To summarise, if you want to be inventive during the interview process, take risks and invest large amounts of your time trying to impress this is simply not the company for you, unfortunately, they just don’t value that. If you lack sales ability but think you know how copy and paste works this may well be your ticket to a new job. This company seems fantastic at everything they do, great product great future. But and it’s a big but, this will not continue with your current recruitment process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Interviews