Paddle Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Paddle Interview Questions

Interviews at Paddle

2.7

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paddle in April 2019.

Interview

You submit your resume to an ATS(applicant tracking system) to be parsed for relevant keywords. Make sure you have them in there, they're in the job description.

Then you'll get an email asking to answer two sample questions. I was told in email from the Paddle rep that I'd get a response back within 24 hours from their support team but no one emailed back and it's been more than a month (which is basically tantamount to their saying: "F*!k you, we don't value your time enough to even send a boilerplate rejection email). Took about 1 to 1.5 weeks from submitting my resume, to getting email to getting ghosted.

Interview Questions

• Customer background:

They are currently in their first week of integrating their systems with Paddle and wrote into our support team with the following question:

"Dear Support,

I’m exceptionally frustrated. I’ve been trying for days to get my subscription plans setup correctly. I can successfully purchase a plan via our website, and we do receive an email informing us about the order, but I can’t keep on manually updating this in our system! Surely there is a way to do this automatically? What am I missing here?

Also, on my test purchase, it came through on my bank statement as ***PADDLE.NET*** how do I change this to display BIGVOICE instead? This will really confuse our customers!

This was supposed to be easy.

Sincerely,

Jesse

Head of Product

Big Voice"

Assignment 1 :

Please write a sample response back. You can use the Paddle documentation and sign up for a free seller account if you find it helpful.   Answer Question
    • "Good news! Your response saved the day and Big Voice have been happy Paddle clients for the last few months. Until now:

'Hi Support,

Your system is impossible to use! It’s really important to us to keep control of our data. Someone from our support team updated our product information and changed the checkout price for all customers rather than updating it for the ONE customer they were meant to!

This is ridiculous, I need you to fix this yesterday.

Thanks. Jesse.'

Assignment 2:

How would you describe Jesse’s tone? Why do you think he feels this way?
      What tactics or strategies would you use in answering this email?
      What would you do internally with a ticket like this?
      Write a sample response back to Jesse.   Answer Question

31 May 2019 – Talent

Hey there,

We're sorry you had a negative experience with us. Depending on the role, our aim is to get back to candidates within 3 working days and we clearly haven't lived up to our mark in your... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England).

Interview

The interview was fast and smooth. I applied on the 5th and the HR department reached out the next day. I scheduled my phone screening interview for the week after, and had a pleasant chat with the HR person.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between data analysis and data insights?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

The talent team at Paddle worked in a very efficient way during the whole process.

It lasted three weeks, and it consisted of a call and two face-to-face interviews with a skill test in the third and final stage.

Every people involved in the interview process were friendly and helpful.
    Although I was not selected, they provided me with a constructive feedback about what they liked about me and the reason they didn't go forward with me.

Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• They review your experience and ask some technical questions, as well as discuss the culture of the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Three part interview.
    First interview - over the phone with HR. Brief introduction of the position, about paddle and some key questions to find out more about my background. Initial screening was well laid out.
    Second interview - with Ops manager and Ops analyst. In depth discussion of my professional background, how I will fit with the team and how paddle operates. Interview was organised and the team took the time to ask meaningful questions rather than the generic interview questions. The guys were easy to talk to and were very nice.
    Third interview - Test to measure SQL skills which was my pitfall but it was a necessary measure for the job role. Brief interview with two other ops and risk analysts for further background info and closing with HR.
     Overall great learning experience, more companies should put this much care on their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Examples of how I’ve used data to drive improvement on specific tasks or projects.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

1. Email from recruiter
    2. 20-30 mins screening call
    3. Interview with the team in the office
    4. there would be SQL challenge + 1h interview in the office too

The recruiter at Paddle is delightful. Nice, curious, keen- pleasure to talk with.
    The team members during onsite interview - not at all! I was invited for an onsite interview with 2 members of the team I was applying to join. One hardly made an eye contact and was busy staring at his macbook, the other one was very full of himself, clearly had not much experience leading the interviews. He was spacing out after asking me a question and not even listening to my answers! He could not hide at all that he doesn't like me and my answers are not 'on point' as he would wish to hear.
    Guys, please stop being so cocky - every single startup thinks they are a revelation. And please do not expect to attract an experienced analyst for 35k. Give a shot to the people who are keen to learn and develop themselves.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your current company is measuring success?   Answer Question

5 Oct 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience during our selection process. We conduct regular interviewer trainings with the team and work together with hiring managers to... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Paddle.

Interview

- met the Paddle team at the Silicon Milk Roundabout hiring event (end of November), gave my CV, quick chat with hiring manager - the Head of Marketing)

- 3 days later: quick chat over the phone with the hiring manager

- 1 day later: a Paddle Talent team member contacted me to organise a face-to-face interview and ran me through the interview process

- 1st week of December: 1-hr long interview with Head of Marketing and Senior Sales Rep; we had a very interesting chat about demand generation, marketing automation and lead scoring; then 20-min chat with 2 team members (Marketing & Operations) to talk in a more informal setting, especially regarding company culture; finally, 15-min chat with Talent team recruiter so that I can ask any remaining question

- 2 days later: feedback on the phone with the hiring manager

- 1 day later: I was sent a task to prepare a presentation in front of the Head of Marketing & CEO

- 3 days later: I gave the presentation during my final interview

- 1 day later (mid-December): received my offer letter, for a start at the beginning of January.

==> To sum it up, the whole process took 3 weeks, and was by far the smoothest, shortest and most efficient hiring process I've ever seen, very professional, with regular follow-up and feedback from the whole team.
    All chats and questions were interesting, in-depth and of the right level of complexity.

All the team members were transparent about the company, its mission, its goals but also about where the main challenges would be in the months to come, which made the decision to join Paddle quite easy to make.

Interview Questions

• What would your roadmap be for implementing marketing automation at Paddle?   Answer Question

30 Oct 2018 – Talent

Hi there,

Cheers for your positive feedback — happy to hear you've had an efficient and transparent experience. Happy to have you with us at Paddle! 🌟

All the best,

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied to Paddle in January 2018 and joined a few weeks later after a really positive interview experience. Having noticed Paddle during my time working for an investor in tech startups I had seen their rapid progress and applied eagerly in the hope of becoming part of what seemed like a great culture! The process consisted of:
    Week 1 - Telephone call with their in-house recruiter.
    Week 2 - An interview with the head of sales and an Account Executive
    Week 3 - A short presentation the head / members of the sales team

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in sales or talking over email/phone/in-person with potential clients or customers?   Answer Question

30 Oct 2018 – Talent

Hi there,

Thanks for your positive feedback, stoked to have you with us at Paddle! 🚀

Cheers,

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle.

Interview

Negative experience with very unprofessional external recruiter who took ages in dealing with Paddle and gave really unhelpful and confusing CV tips and recommendations for preparing the interview. Paddle's interviewer was even worse - Extremely cocky and arrogant, gave a really bad impression about the company.

I get it: You guys have a unique product and all that, but you are only one in a million companies in London :) So stop talking to candidates like you are the center of the universe. Obviously no Follow-Up after interview - Why bother?

Interview Questions

• Q: According to info available online: Can you explain what Paddle does and why do you think it works ?   1 Answer

16 Jul 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Hi there,
    We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience at Paddle. We try our best to give a fair and straightforward hiring process that gives you the chance to learn what our company... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Overall, a very slick and informative interview process! I felt like the process was well-communicated throughout and I knew what was expected of me at each stage.

Application: I applied to Paddle directly via the Careers section on the website.

Phone Interview (1st round, 30-45 mins):
    > I had a call with a member of the Talent team to talk through my understanding of Paddle, the role and dig into my previous experience
    > The interviewer took time and care to explain the company and role, and it felt like much more of a discussion to broaden my understanding of Paddle and the industry which I found very useful in deciding whether this was the right opportunity for me!

In-Person Interview (2nd round, 60 mins):
    > Next, I had a F2F interview with the Head of Customer Success and an Account Manager within the team
    > I had been given time in advance to prepare a presentation on myself and why I thought I was a good fit for the role (15 mins)
    > This was followed up by Q&A on my presentation (20 mins)
    > The rest of the interview was made up of questions on my experience, motivations and understanding of the role (25 mins)
    > I was also given the opportunity to ask my own questions on Paddle, the culture, team, role and anything else I wanted to know about the opportunity

Final Interview (3rd round, 60 mins):
    > Finally, I met with the CCO and Head of Customer Success for a final round interview
    > This stage involved a research / presentation exercise to test my understanding of the software e-commerce space, key players and customer business needs
    > After some Q&A on the slides, there were a few more questions on my experience and how I'd handle certain situations

Following the interview, I had a follow-up call with the original Talent team member who informed me that I was being offered the position. I was over the moon as I believe Paddle will be a great place to work and a superb opportunity to be a part of a thriving, vibrant scale-up!

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of what Paddle does?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a customer who is being slow to respond, even if it's within their interests to move quickly?   Answer Question
    • If you're successful in joining Paddle as an account manager, what would a successful first 12 months look like to you?   Answer Question

3 Feb 2019 – Talent

Hey there,

Thanks a ton for your feedback — we're stoked to have you with us at Paddle very soon as the new year kicks off! 🚀💪

Cheers,

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

The internal recruiter got in touch with me via Linkedin. We spoke on the phone and he described a new role at Paddle. I requested for the interview process to be changed so I could understand more about the new role from the hiring manager. This was granted and after speaking with her, we had two rounds of presentations to go through. The Paddle team went over my expectations to help me see if this position was right for me and were very accommodating during all of my contact with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you understand about Paddle in the Payments/ billing space.   Answer Question

7 Jan 2019 – Talent

Hi there,

Happy new year and thanks a lot for your feedback — we're happy to have you with us at Paddle very soon! 🎇🌟

All the best,
    The Talent team

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.