Paddle Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 59 of over 59 interviews

In Person10%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Paddle

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddle

Interview

Awful - the second time in six months I've booked to be interviewed at Paddle, and the second time they have emailed, not called, emailed to cancel at the last minute stating "the post is now on hold"

Interview Questions
  • I didn't make it to the interview because they repeatedly cancel, avoid this company they can't even be bothered to honour their commitments.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England)

Interview

First stage was with recruiter she was lovely to talk to and kept me posted on process. Next stage was an interview with hiring manager. Then the stage after was a technical assessment. On the day of they rescheduled with a different person. Since then I was completed ghosted. Nobody got back to me which is unacceptable especially when you’ve been interviewing for a period of time.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about paddle? Can you use JavaScript and HTML?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Paddle

Join the conversation on

Tech

211.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Paddle~988509
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in Apr 2022

Interview

Just as many other interview reviews, the exact same happened to me. Applied to the role, got contacted 2 days later to have a call with someone in the Talent team and asking for availability, to which I provided several times/days, only to be ghosted. Upon contacting them to see what happened, no one replies. Unprofessional, disorganised and inconsiderate treatment. I'm actually thankful for not getting it as if it's like this to start with, I don't want to work there.

Interview Questions
  • No questions as interview never happened.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England)

Interview

Interview process was long and the technical interviewer wasn’t able to communicate clearly which forced me to explain my self later in an email. Technical task was building a very basic crud system with a Key Value store which in my opinion. doesn’t prove anything for this level. So I dropped out.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have a problem contributing on 25% basis to a PHP codebase?

Paddle

Application

I interviewed at Paddle

Interview

Very insightful, great process the manager was very welcoming and laid back which made it easier to speak and demonstrate my skills for the job role. Overall a very good experience with Paddle

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paddle (Barcelona)

Interview

The first interview was with HR, it was enjoyable since it seemed like just a conversation with a colleague. The second interview was with the Engineering Manager, asking questions about your background and some technical questions.  Then they send you a code assessment that you have to do at home, it's fast and enjoyable, but is through a browser IDE which makes it a bit uncomfortable.The fourth step was with two members of the team during 1.5h, it doesn't feel like a lot of time because you are changing from one exercise to another. It's basically a code review of a class, explaining your code assessment and implementing new other features, and finally a system design.  I would say this last interview is not complicated, but for people not used to being observed and evaluated while thinking or writing code, it greatly limits their cognitive abilities.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England)

Interview

Initial screening call, then an interview with the hiring manager, then a task (20min presentation) as part of another hour interview. After making it through the entire interview process, did not receive any follow-up with an offer or rejection. Found it quite inconsiderate especially since it was well before the holiday period. I have hired before and I understand that giving a candidate an answer (offer or rejection with feedback) in a timely manner is good hiring etiquette. As I have not heard any from them, it felt like they just took the opportunities to get more ideas and have the initial scope work done for them for free.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of how the GTM process would look like for [insert paddle product]?

Paddle

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle in Dec 2021

Interview

Initial Screening Presentation and Additional Questions (2 Hrs) - Case Study which requires in depth research of industry and competitors -Looking for consultative methods and thinking Final Culture Check with VP

Interview Questions
  • Looking for specific examples of managing complex sales Asked for examples of when you failed, how did you handle that?

Paddle

Application

I interviewed at Paddle

Interview

As I am about to write this review, I first went through all others experiences and what I realize is that there is a similar pattern in negative feedback, which is the disorganization in the recruiting process. I’m happy my interview never happened as ghosting in itself says a lot bout the company. I was contacted and advised that they are pleased to proceed with my application and that I should select my availability in the provided calendar which I did. My availability was two days from receiving that email. Almost two weeks past now still not heard of them. Like one review stated. ‘Cold, strange and disorganized process’

Paddle

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Paddle

Interview

I liked the people I met during the interview. They were presenting a good culture between themselves. Except one person was trying to show his wedding ring as justification of his position which "is" irrelevant. The coding question was like a patchwork (copy-paste from multiple questions) and it took time to makes sense of it. The question started with some background information that had no use for problem-solving. And then, the aim was defined as finding common errors and the example result did not contain any sort of "common" errors but a list of errors on each page which has nothing to do with the problem again. When I spotted this I only received silence and ironically evaluation made without basing this unmatured structure of the interview. Unless if that was a deliberate set-up for failure, it was an unfortunate coincidence that a similar but accurate and well-structured and logical question has been asked in a previous interview I had and I have succeeded.

Interview Questions
  • An initial chat with the hiring manager. Same day System, Coding and Design Interview. Culture Interview
Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Interviews

Paddle Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Paddle as 61.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.76 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales Development Representative and Product Designer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Account Executive and Senior Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Paddle takes an average of 17 days when considering 68 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Development Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Fraud and Chargeback Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 25 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Paddle according to 68 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 32.81%