Paddle Interview Questions

Updated 5 Oct 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Paddle

2.7
HardAverageEasy
Found 43 candidate interviews
Paddle
Application

I interviewed at Paddle

Interview

I was referred to a recruitment company who organised the assessment centre for this company. It was very competitive. Following the assessment centre they invited me to the interview stage for which I had to prepare a 30 min presentation on their competitors.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Paddle
    Answer Question
Paddle
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddle

Interview

I applied for the role on LinkedIn and was invited via email to have a telephone interview. The interview consisted of me describing my previous experience and skills I have that were relevant to the role. I was then informed of the next stage of the process which would happen at a later date. In spite of this interview appearing to go well, I received a automated rejection email stating that other candidates skills were more suited to the role. I find this puzzling as I didn't do an in person/video interview and I never had to complete a competency test. So on what basis was this decision reached ? This was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions
Paddle
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in Mar 2020

Interview

1Phone Call with People Team - classic startup interview - not extremely defined culture, but good vibe overall 2. Technical Test 1 (Zoom call) - this might be F2F for you, but this is happening because of the pandemic - some overall question about how you currently work, seems to me more informative for the Paddle team to see how other companies deal with similar roles. - the actual technical part was basically 10 lines of code (adding their Checkout button on a page). I guess it's a good measure to filter non-technical people, but if you are applying you are probably more than able to do this. This task assesses your ability to read their docs basically. 3. Technical Test 2 and Commercial - Zoom call - this is normally a F2F but there is a pandemic going on - the task was a basic config of their Checkout solution and a simple POST/GET request done to their API from a server-side language. Again, if you can read docs and do HTTP calls you are all good. Basically assessing the same thing as phase 1. - after the tech test, there is an interaction with someone from the commercial team. Put on your Relationship Manager/ Customer Success pants for this one. Sure it's not the role you are applying for, but seems to be what they want to hear. Talk about how you manage relations with clients.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to join Paddle?
  • If you come from a similar role; How do you manage the full client go-live process and what role do you play?
  • How do you manage relations with clients?
  • Describe a situation where a salesperson is selling a feature you might not have. How do you handle it? (perhaps assume this is happening in a meeting with a client and you are present)
  • How do you manage stakeholders? (a summary of many questions)
  • What do you do if a client is complaining about something not working?
Paddle
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle in Mar 2020

Interview

The interview process was fast and straightforward, despite the unfolding COVID-19 situation. Great communication from all the team members (all-virtual interviewing), who were open and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
  • The interview questions varied and were focused on my past product experience and whether I can provide relevant examples that are suitable for their role. The conversations were smooth (1st with talent partner; 2nd and 3rd with other PMs (back-to-back); 4th with Group PM & Engineering Lead & final one on culture) and we covered anything from communication with stakeholders; design & engineering teams to product discovery; delivery and ongoing results measurement. There was a brief assignment as well that required from me to explore a bit more their service; competitors and suggest potential enhancements and how they can be tackled.
Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England)

Interview

Process is split into 3 stages, relatively straight-forward. The interviewers were extremely helpful and approachable. I found it easy to communicate and felt extremely comfortable during my 15 minute presentation. I was encouraged to ask questions about the company of which i had plenty and all were answered sufficiently.

Interview Questions
Paddle
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in Nov 2019

Interview

Talent partner was 10 minutes late for the call (on a Friday). Call was to dive into my experience etc. Was told that at the end of the call I would hear no back no later than Monday. A couple of LinkedIn messages to the recruiter, first response was they'll get back to me the end of the week as they're interviewing other candidates. Second message was ghosted. Unprofessional experience, regardless of the outcome of the process, candidates should be managed properly, successful or unsuccessful.

Interview Questions
Paddle
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

3 stages: Stage 1 - Call with the recruiter Stage 2 - F2F with a Sales Manager Stage 3 - F2F and presentation with Sales Manager and VP of Sales An all-round poor experience that has quite frankly put me off interviewing at other companies. The presentation consists of looking at their competitors under the pretence that you are a product owner recommending one solution to the head of product and the CFO of a preselected company. Paddle, unfortunately, is uninterested in seeing how you present in a sales environment or how you come across or the quality of the presentation slides. What they want instead is a generic presentation on the differences between competitors. It’s for that reason my recommendation to anyone else doing this presentation is to not try to make the presentation interesting or impressive. Do not try to pick outside the box companies to reflect a broad scope of competition. Instead, take the information readily available off the front page of the competitor’s website and copy that into a slide deck and you are in a with a good shot of winning a position at Paddle. My questions and recommendations to Paddle in the future are this. What are your goals and motivations in hiring someone in sales? Are you after a motivated salesperson or are you after somebody that knows everything about the industry in its entirety after 3 days? If so, why provide 3 weeks of training when they start? As a quickly growing company, it’s unsustainable in terms of both your own time and resources and that of the candidates to write someone off over one mistake in a presentation. To continue with that mindset will only result in a bottleneck of talent as you overlook otherwise, and this is in your own words not mine, “a candidate with a great sales background, who has the past experience in start-up we are looking for, asked great questions and presented well and confidently” I write this review purely because my other disappointment lies in the lack of communication from Paddle themselves. After spending hours and hours creating a presentation and having a number of back and forth conversations via email with the sales manager, I was so disappointed to not even get a response to a very candid email asking for further feedback. To summarise, if you want to be inventive during the interview process, take risks and invest large amounts of your time trying to impress this is simply not the company for you, unfortunately, they just don’t value that. If you lack sales ability but think you know how copy and paste works this may well be your ticket to a new job. This company seems fantastic at everything they do, great product great future. But and it’s a big but, this will not continue with your current recruitment process.

Interview Questions
Paddle
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddle

Interview

Got to the 1st technical phone interview, decided after it to not continue applying. Initial phone call with technical recruiter - quite shallow, mostly checking off what's on my CV on their side. Not much interaction. 1st technical phone interview was about 3 rapid fire questions about some OO basic concepts, then a brief system design (classes/entities and their relationships) and then 3 leadership questions. All in all, I didn't get a real feel for the company, the people or it's culture on either call. It was all rather robotic, which is a shame as the impression Paddle give externally is of a company that is quite the opposite.

Interview Questions
Paddle
Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in May 2019

Interview

The interview process was very swift and easy to follow. The HR team were welcoming, and understanding of my needs. You have the opportunity to have a chat with the HR team to learn more about the company, followed by a quick conversation with the relevant team you would be working with which acts as a preliminary telephone interview without the pressure. Then I was invited to visit the office for a face to face interview which involved completing a presentation beforehand, followed by some general questions about my previous employment history. I heard back from them within a week.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you developed a skill in a work or non work setting and how did you develop this skill?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England, England) in Apr 2019

Interview

Interview process took a hole day in their building, nice and engaging people that made you feel relaxed, really thought that the day is gonna be great.. The interview its self was consisted of group assesments, that by all means would not be able to judge a particular persons skills and strong points, nevertheless I adapted to the given tasks along with the group, and tought everything went really well.At the end of the day, we were told that they have chosen the more experienced people for the role, despite on the job description and requirments they stated that they will not require experience, sour ending of the day.I believe that the culture of the company is a bit missleading, claiming to be something else then they really are.A very sour experience overall and dissapointing.

Interview Questions
  • How did you manage to come the conclusion that Paddle is the best choice for a company?(group task, hyphotetic scenario)
Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Interviews