Paddle Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

1st round:
    I was contacted by a Paddle recruiter and invited to have a phone call.
    After that, I was given clear instructions to schedule a face to face interview at Paddle offices.

2nd round:
    I met with the head of marketing and I was given a case study to prepare and present on that day. I can't recall how many days I was given, but it was a fair amount of time.
    The day I met the head of marketing, we talked on the company, my experience and we went through my thinking process on the case

3rd round:
    A few days after that I had the final round, in which I talked to people from product and marketing (3 interviews at Paddle the same morning).
    The 1st call was with the head of product, then I had a skills round -face to face- with a team member from marketing and product, the last face to face round was with the head of marketing and someone else from product.

After the final decision:
    After that (just a few days later) I got an email with the final decision and I had the chance to have a phone call with the recruiter to debrief the process, he was very generous, giving me valuable feedback and explaining why I did not get the job.

I have been part of job processes all over the world (literally) and this is the first time someone takes 30 minutes to analyze all the things I could have done better and congratulate me on the things I did right.
    It was a pleasure being part of a process so well done and crafted, I always felt like I was a priority for Paddle and that speaks highly on the company and the people working there.

Thanks guys!

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a go to market strategy you directly worked with   Answer Question
    • How do you see your career path at Paddle?   Answer Question

30 Oct 2018 – Talent

Hi there,

Thanks for your review, we're happy to hear that you've had a positive experience! No matter how an interview turns out, we want to make sure that every person we speak to has a good... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England).

Interview

The interview was fast and smooth. I applied on the 5th and the HR department reached out the next day. I scheduled my phone screening interview for the week after, and had a pleasant chat with the HR person.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between data analysis and data insights?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Three part interview.
    First interview - over the phone with HR. Brief introduction of the position, about paddle and some key questions to find out more about my background. Initial screening was well laid out.
    Second interview - with Ops manager and Ops analyst. In depth discussion of my professional background, how I will fit with the team and how paddle operates. Interview was organised and the team took the time to ask meaningful questions rather than the generic interview questions. The guys were easy to talk to and were very nice.
    Third interview - Test to measure SQL skills which was my pitfall but it was a necessary measure for the job role. Brief interview with two other ops and risk analysts for further background info and closing with HR.
     Overall great learning experience, more companies should put this much care on their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Examples of how I’ve used data to drive improvement on specific tasks or projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

The talent team at Paddle worked in a very efficient way during the whole process.

It lasted three weeks, and it consisted of a call and two face-to-face interviews with a skill test in the third and final stage.

Every people involved in the interview process were friendly and helpful.
    Although I was not selected, they provided me with a constructive feedback about what they liked about me and the reason they didn't go forward with me.

Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• They review your experience and ask some technical questions, as well as discuss the culture of the company.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

1. Email from recruiter
    2. 20-30 mins screening call
    3. Interview with the team in the office
    4. there would be SQL challenge + 1h interview in the office too

The recruiter at Paddle is delightful. Nice, curious, keen- pleasure to talk with.
    The team members during onsite interview - not at all! I was invited for an onsite interview with 2 members of the team I was applying to join. One hardly made an eye contact and was busy staring at his macbook, the other one was very full of himself, clearly had not much experience leading the interviews. He was spacing out after asking me a question and not even listening to my answers! He could not hide at all that he doesn't like me and my answers are not 'on point' as he would wish to hear.
    Guys, please stop being so cocky - every single startup thinks they are a revelation. And please do not expect to attract an experienced analyst for 35k. Give a shot to the people who are keen to learn and develop themselves.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your current company is measuring success?   Answer Question

5 Oct 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience during our selection process. We conduct regular interviewer trainings with the team and work together with hiring managers to... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle.

Interview

Negative experience with very unprofessional external recruiter who took ages in dealing with Paddle and gave really unhelpful and confusing CV tips and recommendations for preparing the interview. Paddle's interviewer was even worse - Extremely cocky and arrogant, gave a really bad impression about the company.

I get it: You guys have a unique product and all that, but you are only one in a million companies in London :) So stop talking to candidates like you are the center of the universe. Obviously no Follow-Up after interview - Why bother?

Interview Questions

• Q: According to info available online: Can you explain what Paddle does and why do you think it works ?   1 Answer

16 Jul 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Hi there,
    We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience at Paddle. We try our best to give a fair and straightforward hiring process that gives you the chance to learn what our company... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Overall, a very slick and informative interview process! I felt like the process was well-communicated throughout and I knew what was expected of me at each stage.

Application: I applied to Paddle directly via the Careers section on the website.

Phone Interview (1st round, 30-45 mins):
    > I had a call with a member of the Talent team to talk through my understanding of Paddle, the role and dig into my previous experience
    > The interviewer took time and care to explain the company and role, and it felt like much more of a discussion to broaden my understanding of Paddle and the industry which I found very useful in deciding whether this was the right opportunity for me!

In-Person Interview (2nd round, 60 mins):
    > Next, I had a F2F interview with the Head of Customer Success and an Account Manager within the team
    > I had been given time in advance to prepare a presentation on myself and why I thought I was a good fit for the role (15 mins)
    > This was followed up by Q&A on my presentation (20 mins)
    > The rest of the interview was made up of questions on my experience, motivations and understanding of the role (25 mins)
    > I was also given the opportunity to ask my own questions on Paddle, the culture, team, role and anything else I wanted to know about the opportunity

Final Interview (3rd round, 60 mins):
    > Finally, I met with the CCO and Head of Customer Success for a final round interview
    > This stage involved a research / presentation exercise to test my understanding of the software e-commerce space, key players and customer business needs
    > After some Q&A on the slides, there were a few more questions on my experience and how I'd handle certain situations

Following the interview, I had a follow-up call with the original Talent team member who informed me that I was being offered the position. I was over the moon as I believe Paddle will be a great place to work and a superb opportunity to be a part of a thriving, vibrant scale-up!

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of what Paddle does?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a customer who is being slow to respond, even if it's within their interests to move quickly?   Answer Question
    • If you're successful in joining Paddle as an account manager, what would a successful first 12 months look like to you?   Answer Question

3 Feb 2019 – Talent

Hey there,

Thanks a ton for your feedback — we're stoked to have you with us at Paddle very soon as the new year kicks off! 🚀💪

Cheers,
    The Talent team

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

The internal recruiter got in touch with me via Linkedin. We spoke on the phone and he described a new role at Paddle. I requested for the interview process to be changed so I could understand more about the new role from the hiring manager. This was granted and after speaking with her, we had two rounds of presentations to go through. The Paddle team went over my expectations to help me see if this position was right for me and were very accommodating during all of my contact with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you understand about Paddle in the Payments/ billing space.   Answer Question

7 Jan 2019 – Talent

Hi there,

Happy new year and thanks a lot for your feedback — we're happy to have you with us at Paddle very soon! 🎇🌟

All the best,
    The Talent team

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

- Interviewed by two senior developers and the CTO.
    - Briefly going over some of the contents of my CV, focusing on experiences rather than specific bits of technology.
    - A lengthy whiteboard session going over first algorithms and then object oriented modelling.
    - A five minute chat with two employees not on the tech team.
    - Some final discussion with one of the senior developers.
    - A tour around the office.

Interview Questions

• Given two words such as "orchestra" and "carthorse", how can you show that they are anagrams?   Answer Question
    • Can you model the classes needed for an auction system like eBay?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

I was very interested in the company but the recruitment process completely changed my mind. I first spoke to an internal recruiter: a useless call as all she did is read my CV back to me for 20 minutes. I moved to a technical interview which was well organised and the interviewer was very kind asking relevant technical questions. I asked for feedback to the recruiter and heard nothing for 2 weeks, then I received a generic email to say the role was closed. That's it? I replied asking for personal feedback at least from the technical interview. As expected I heard nothing back. I have no idea where it went wrong or what to work on to improve. Unimpressed.

Interview Questions

• So? You know JavaScript and React? (yes. It's on my CV!)   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between CommonJS and AMD? (Technical interview)   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me what you know about CSS Animations? (Technical interview)   Answer Question

5 Dec 2018 – Talent

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience, but we do appreciate your feedback as we are always happy to improve.

As a rule in the first interview, we spend around 10 minutes... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied via recruiter who found my profile on Linkedin I believe.
    There were 4 steps in total:
    a phone call from recruiter
    a phone screening with one of developers
    long dev interview in the office (1-1.5 hours)
    non-dev interview with different people (no idea why this one was needed)
    About 2 weeks in total.

Dev interview seemed quite easy for me, I'd say it's more for Middle-level Software Engineer than for Senior.

The whole process was very good, I was informed about every step I should make. All people I've met were very friendly. Very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Design the system like Amazon on high level
      + pair programming: fix the test   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.