Adecco Temp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Adecco Temp Interview Questions

Interviews at Adecco

2.0

Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adecco (Silver Spring, MD (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I received a telephone call out of the blue (I did not apply for any employment position with this company in 2019) from the company recruiter in the U.S. northeast region to be a Collections Representative in my geographical area, which is a temporary role that may be converted into a permanent opportunity. I kindly turn the employment temp job down as it was extremely out of my specific career industry and I had no qualifications for this position which was in sales. I informed the recruiter what I was actually looking for in writing, which is a full-time, permanent job in my real career field, which is neither office administration, sales, nor accounting. In 2018, this company previously contacted me for outside sales representative (door-to-door/customer-to-customer) position with a transportation touring company and an administrative assistant position with a health insurance company. I would really like this temporary staffing firm to understand this very carefully: I, as a job seeker is not interested in any temp job with your staffing agency firm. I am looking for a job in a genuine career industry which is television journalism. I did not attend and graduate from a four-year academic accredited institution (college/university) with a baccalaureate degree and gain experience in college internships to work at a temporary agency firm and do temp admin jobs. These "temp jobs" neither do help job seekers find employment in their true and real career industry nor help job seekers find a full-time, permanent job. Each temp agency out there in the U.S. only find job seekers employment in office administration or sales. 100 percent of U.S. job seekers want a full-time, permanent job with realistic and reasonable benefits in their career industry. Not a temp job! I will never ever use a temp agency ever again as all temp agencies take advantage of all job seekers and are simply "using them" and not genuinely helping job seekers in all of their endeavors. Stay away from temp agencies! Stay away from temp agencies if they are unable or cannot find you in a job in your real, actual career field. A temp agency will ruin a job seeker's career endeavors and career path, and put a job seeker on a detour, especially if the temp job the job seeker is doing is not in the job seeker's real, specific career industry and does not align with the job seeker's career field. A temp agency only cares about their clients, not the job seekers nor temporary/contract employees. Do not use a temp agency! Temp jobs have NO REAL BENEFITS (e.g.: No health insurance. no PTO. No sick/vacation leave) Temp jobs ARE NOT STABLE JOBS! Temp jobs ARE NOT REAL JOBS!

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in this particular temporary position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Adecco

Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rego Park, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adecco (Rego Park, NY (US)).

Interview

It was alot of testing. Also they ask for tax transcripts. The face to face interview was very relaxed. They even offered me hot chocolate. It was also quick. They have recently moved from Queens to 5th Ave in Manhattan. Very nice offer. If you are looking to get into JFK airport, this agency always have openings for spotters. That job is on going.

Temp Interview

Interview

The interview was very thorough and I was treated respectfully

Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Adecco in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and had an interview within a few days. Went to the office, which had no signage, so I had to wander around and empty portion of the office before I realized I must be on the wrong side. I finally found the "front desk", receptionist was pleasant. I met with the hiring advisor or whatever she calls herself. Interview was fine, as she really only talked about her own accomplishments, then came the canned questions. Then I left and despite emails, they declined to follow up, which I found incredibly unprofessional, especially given my emails asking for a result.

Interview Questions

• Canned questions....which made me cringe. "Name a time when you had to be assertive yet professional" - I prefer a conversation style interview, and reading off cards immediately gave me a sense of whether it was the place for me.   1 Answer

Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adecco.

Interview

Would not recommend unless you are hard up for a job. The opportunity is there, but the management at this company is not great. Technical issues, lack of communication between employees, it all had me going back and forth to their headquarters to fill out paperwork that could have easily been done at the comfort of my home. And trust me, there was A LOT of paperwork to fill out. More than normal, especially since the job hadn't even been given to me yet. The employees are nice and welcoming but that only makes the overall experience bearable. Claimed more than one position was available during job fair, but bait and switched me during first round interview. Complete waste of time and travel expenses. Was offered to come in for another position that paid less and didn't amount to much, I respectfully declined. Didn't want to waste another minute with them.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, performed group interviews. Overall a waste of time.   Answer Question

Temp Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adecco.

Interview

Process was pretty easy. It could be smoother. I kept being told to do this and then they had to stop to do something else. Their focus wasn't on helping me. I felt like I was more qualified than the people placing me into a job. The office seemed to be in much need of more help or more qualified employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Temp Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adecco in February 2010.

Interview

Hiring and interview was by the book.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.