Boston Consulting Group Knowledge Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 2,591.0 interviews

Recruitment Agency24%
3.7
HardAverageEasy

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

Ask general questions related to interests in BCG and the role. The interviewer asked about a case study related to developing strategies for an investment firm. Overall the process was smooth and the interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience related to sustainable finance.
    Answer Question

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

There were two interview rounds, followed by a discussion with the topic lead. The questions were mostly based on case studies and general knowledge check of the topic. There were two interview rounds, followed by a discussion with the topic lead. The questions were mostly based on case studies and general knowledge check of the topic.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

What Boston Consulting Group employees are saying

Join the conversation on

Consulting

4m

works at

Boston Consulting Group

New BCG pay bands: New Associates: 90->100K base (116-126K TC) New Consultants: 165->175K base (207-230K TC)

148 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY)

Interview

I was contacted via email and had an initial phone interview set up with the recruiter. After that there were two interviews on zoom with the hiring manager and with the team lead. Everyone I spoke to was very nice and friendly, but the interviews were very one sided. The questions focused mainly on "what if" and "what would you recommend" scenarios, rather than about my experience so it felt more like a Q&A session than a conversation. Overall, nice people but be ready for a lot of questions.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Boston Consulting Group

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

Short Case Study, Standard Format, 3 rounds including HR. HR questions were fairly standard, the 2 next rounds with hiring manager and a senior partner. Overall interesting questions and good presentation of the work.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bavaria

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bavaria)

Interview

Mehrere Bewerbungsgespräche mit Mitarbeitern in allen Positionen. Sehr gute und passende Case Studies. Freundliches Recruiting Management. Während dem Vorstellungsgespräch wurde nochmal ausführlich auf die Stellenbeschreibung eingegangen. Über den Prozess würde ich regelmäßig geupdated und am Ende kam es zu einem Angebot

Interview Questions
  • wie groß ist der Markt für ein bestimmtes Produkt? Welche Berechnungen würdest du durchführen und welche KPIs sind notwendig?

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in Feb 2019

Interview

The interview process consisted of five total interviews, the first a phone call with HR, the second a video interview with the Lead Knowledge Analyst, the third was an in-person interview with two Lead Knowledge Analysts at the BCG office, the fourth a video meeting with the Knowledge Expert & Team Manager, and the final interview was with the Associate Director (this interview was added after I had received a job offer).

Interview Questions
  • The in-person interview included an excel test, where you are given a large data sample and asked to develop and present insights.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Delhi) in Jun 2018

Interview

I won't comment on the interview process as such. The interviewer knew what he wanted, and was extremely polite and articulate. However, regarding the HR, it should be taken care that you atleast send the JD with the interview invite. I found the HR unapproachable on call and on mail, and replied after a delay of 1 day, for a very basic question.

Interview Questions
  • questions about current work and the databases I have worked on
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England) in Dec 2017

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter for the role, was asked for a CV and then promptly had a screening call. Basic competency questions and HR/current employment questions were asked (15 mins). I then had a video call with the same recruiter (45 mins). Next round was a phone call with a member of the Knowledge Team in the States (1 hour). Interviewer covered competency based questions and asked why I wanted to work for BCG. I also had to analyse a report and explain how I would approach it. Next round was an in-person interview in the London Canary Wharf office. More competency based questions and some probing questions such as my opinion on what the priorities for leaders and organisations are. Next round was a video call with the head of the team (States based) asking more questions on my opinions and many in depth questions on why I wanted the role (1 hour). Very professional throughout although had a bit of a wait to hear back after the final round. Questions were more thought-provoking with each round and it was clear they wanted to see how you approach bigger questions. Friendly and stimulating conversations.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think are the top three worries running through a CEO's mind at night?

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

The interview process was ok. I had 5 interviews and one Excel test and the whole process took about two months. The interviews took place within a relatively short timespan but it took a while to hear back from them after the last interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Gurgaon, Haryana)

Interview

I had uploaded by CV on one of the job portals and was contacted by a consultant hiring for BCG. The role was for a "Knowledge Analyst" The JD entailed curation of BCG case study documents (500/1000 page decks) which have to be thouroughly read and understood as to which parts are beneficial from a consulting perspective and can be sanitized and re-uploaded on the intranet for consultants and other stakeholders on the BCG network I was told during the interview..that there can be situation where you are curating documents for a project that took place for 12 months; and going through the documents in detail can lead to you working on 3-4 projects per year

Interview Questions
  • 1. I was interviewed F2F at their gurgaon office; great office, nice infrastructure and the staff too was courteous enough to guide me 2. I was interviewed by the senior employees from the Knowledge Management team 3. They gave me a brief overview of their work and the role they had to offer 4, Post discussions, there was an on-the-spot case study "I was asked to calculate the total revenue a Low-Cost Carrier would generate in a week"
Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Interviews