Boston Consulting Group Visiting Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Visiting Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.8

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for a German office, although I'm from the States. There were various recruitment events for BCG's international offices, and I applied by reaching out to their German recruitment coordinator in charge of the US. The interview process was very simple: two 30-minute interviews with two different Principals from different German offices. Both interviewers were outgoing and interesting to talk to. In both interviews, our conversations took up so much time that we had less than ten minutes left for the case. The cases were simple with basic calculations. After the interviews there was also a written, multiple choice test with various business cases; but I don't believe that it factored into their decision.

Interview Questions

• What is the craziest thing you've ever done?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was given a weeks notice to interview. The interview consisted of an online test, an interview with a consultant, and an interview with a partner, all back to back. The consultant was super friendly, whereas the partner had a straight poker face the entire time. Overall I had a good experience- everyone in the office was super friendly- but after the cases felt like there was no way I would get the job (a bunch of my estimates were off, etc).

Interview Questions

• You look great on paper, but what are you like as a person?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation (internship)

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2014.

Interview

Initial 45 test questions case. After one week, first round of interviews with consultants, one week later another round of interviews with 2 principals. Failed at the end of one business case. I was afterwards told that I would need more practice and I should try to practice a little bit with a book like Case in Point.

It is not as difficult as it could seem at first. Best advice I could give is not to be nervous. I wasn't and even though it was first interview in my life, I got through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• If you were CEO of a very successful company, what would be your first three policies.   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Interview

It was good. Clear communication at the beginning and during. Very nice to me as well. Clear feedback at the end would have been nice. Overall average experience. Do recommend

Interview Questions

• Graph and numbers interpretation. Basic knowledge on economics needed   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Munich, Bayern (Germany)).

Interview

Had to solve a test on site before the interviews started (math-related questions), afterwards 2 interviews with Consultants, received an answer within 3 hours after the end of the interview

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in October 2020.

Interview

The interviews consist of a fitting and a practical case. The interviewer leads you through the process, and shows the kind of healthy environment you will find at BCG. It was a great experience, and the Recruiting team worked perfectly in attracting talent and making candidates feel confident.

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

The interview process was planned as two rounds of in-person, one-on-one interviews and one aptitude test. The interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Round one consists of a computer-based aptitude test and an hour-long interview. Round two, taking place on a different day, consists of two interviews.

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

There is a 40 min exam, and 4 interviews ( 3 are regular case interviews and 1 of them will be a written interview; meaning you will be given a folder with information and you will have to solve the case a present written slides)

Application

Interview

After I succeeded in the online SHL test, I did one interview with the HR and three interviews with business cases with Project Leaders. The entire process required almost 2 months. The selection process requires a lot of committment.

Visiting Associate Interview

Interview

Rather long process. Includes classic "consulting" cases and fit questions. Read your interview books and you'll be prepared, but after all it's a mather of fit which you cannot fake.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.