Boston Consulting Group Visiting Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Visiting Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.8

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for a German office, although I'm from the States. There were various recruitment events for BCG's international offices, and I applied by reaching out to their German recruitment coordinator in charge of the US. The interview process was very simple: two 30-minute interviews with two different Principals from different German offices. Both interviewers were outgoing and interesting to talk to. In both interviews, our conversations took up so much time that we had less than ten minutes left for the case. The cases were simple with basic calculations. After the interviews there was also a written, multiple choice test with various business cases; but I don't believe that it factored into their decision.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was given a weeks notice to interview. The interview consisted of an online test, an interview with a consultant, and an interview with a partner, all back to back. The consultant was super friendly, whereas the partner had a straight poker face the entire time. Overall I had a good experience- everyone in the office was super friendly- but after the cases felt like there was no way I would get the job (a bunch of my estimates were off, etc).

Interview Questions

• You look great on paper, but what are you like as a person?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation (internship)

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2014.

Interview

Initial 45 test questions case. After one week, first round of interviews with consultants, one week later another round of interviews with 2 principals. Failed at the end of one business case. I was afterwards told that I would need more practice and I should try to practice a little bit with a book like Case in Point.

It is not as difficult as it could seem at first. Best advice I could give is not to be nervous. I wasn't and even though it was first interview in my life, I got through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• If you were CEO of a very successful company, what would be your first three policies.   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Paris (France)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied in the Paris office. I had one computer based challenge, and then there were two rounds consisting in 2 interviews (45 min) each. The case studies were not too difficult but I was under the impression that every time I tried to answer, the interviewer was dissatisfied with my answers, which made me feel very uncomfortable.

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Interview

Three tough written tests (logics, mathematics, business) plus four case interviews with senior consultants plus one motivational interview with the HR. The process was tough and selective but people were absolutely super nice and put me in the condition to do my best. The whole process lasted more or less one month and a half.

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

The first step of the Interview process is about one mathematical test and one logical test.
    Regarding the first, you can train yourself using internet software as Assessment day (math section). Calculations are quite easy, but you are under time pressure. You have a series of tables and graphs and some questions for each one.
    Regarding logical part, you have the so-called "semafori" test. It is very difficult to explain and understand

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied from North America to an Eastern European location. The folks set up the interview through a low latency video chat for the interview. Format is different from North American firms and therefore misprepared - prepared for mini case and behavioural questions but received brain teasers/word problems with behaviourals. All folks were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your startup experience, how did you attain the financing round?   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

The HR liaison was extremely helpful in explaining the recruitment process. The office I applied to organised for me to pass a test in my nearest BCG office, which I found to be convenient.

Interview Questions

• I passed the online case study. It was more challenging that I expected. Questions were a mix of quantitative and qualitative.   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Brussels (Belgium)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and they got back to me within the week. After that, the process was pretty long and included 3 rounds of interviews:

- 1st round: computer-based test + 1 hour case + fit interview
    - 2nd round: in-basket case + 1 hour case + fit interview
    - 3rd round: in-basket case + 1 hour case + fit interview

Interview Questions

• - Computer-based test: answer 24 questions in 20 minutes, similar to McKinsey's test. Resembles to GMAT's Integrated Reasoning, but MUCH harder.

- Regular Cases: interviewee-led, to some extend. BIG focus on the framework (really important to have a fine structure).

- In-basket case: soooo freakin' hard ! They give you a pile of information about a case, and you have 3 questions to answer.based on that. You are alone in a room for 2 hours to prepare, and then present your findings during a 20' presentation.   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in April 2012.

Interview

1st Round: Online Case
    2nd Round: 2x 1:1 interviews with 40:40:20 split between personal:case:questions 45 mins each.
    3rd Round: same as second round but with more senior staff members 1 hours duration each.

Plenty of time to ask questions and get asked questions.

All the interviewers and HR staff were extremely kind and encouraging. The selection process was handled quickly with constructive feedback at certain stages. All the aspects of the interview process contributed to the image of BCG being an extremely enjoyable place to work.

Interview Questions

• Business cases vary depending on previous experience of interviewers.   Answer Question
    • Personal interview - going through CV to usual personal experience/competency questions - .e.g. teamwork etc...   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.