Boston Consulting Group Visiting Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Visiting Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.8

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2014.

Interview

Initial 45 test questions case. After one week, first round of interviews with consultants, one week later another round of interviews with 2 principals. Failed at the end of one business case. I was afterwards told that I would need more practice and I should try to practice a little bit with a book like Case in Point.

It is not as difficult as it could seem at first. Best advice I could give is not to be nervous. I wasn't and even though it was first interview in my life, I got through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• If you were CEO of a very successful company, what would be your first three policies.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was given a weeks notice to interview. The interview consisted of an online test, an interview with a consultant, and an interview with a partner, all back to back. The consultant was super friendly, whereas the partner had a straight poker face the entire time. Overall I had a good experience- everyone in the office was super friendly- but after the cases felt like there was no way I would get the job (a bunch of my estimates were off, etc).

Interview Questions

• You look great on paper, but what are you like as a person?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation (internship)

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for a German office, although I'm from the States. There were various recruitment events for BCG's international offices, and I applied by reaching out to their German recruitment coordinator in charge of the US. The interview process was very simple: two 30-minute interviews with two different Principals from different German offices. Both interviewers were outgoing and interesting to talk to. In both interviews, our conversations took up so much time that we had less than ten minutes left for the case. The cases were simple with basic calculations. After the interviews there was also a written, multiple choice test with various business cases; but I don't believe that it factored into their decision.

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2018.

Interview

Did an online case, three more cases, one with a project leader principal and partner. Also another interview (no case) with a partner.

The cases were pretty hard but i got along well with the interviewers before the cases started so I was pretty calm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England).

Interview

2 rounds:
    1st round: 2 interviews with principals(10 mins fit+35 mins case+5 mins for asking question)
    2nd round: Same format as above but with partners. Cases might be more of a brainstorming session.

Interview Questions

• Why shouldn't BCG hire you?   1 Answer

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in July 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of 2/3 interviews
    The interviewers will evaluate your ability to listen and communicate effectively, and whether you present yourself positively and persuasively. they value intellectual curiosity and creative thinking. Sometimes, though, they just want to find out what it would be like to spend a week on the road with you—so it’s best to simply be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why consulting?
      Q: Why BCG
      Q: business case

Same questions as all the top consulting firms   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I had two personal interviews consisting of a personal fit part and a case study. Furthermore, you had to do an online test where they test your mathematical abilities and analytical thinking. Knowing some business basics is definitely helpful!

Interview Questions

• Personal fit: What are three values that are personally important to you?   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in April 2012.

Interview

1st Round: Online Case
    2nd Round: 2x 1:1 interviews with 40:40:20 split between personal:case:questions 45 mins each.
    3rd Round: same as second round but with more senior staff members 1 hours duration each.

Plenty of time to ask questions and get asked questions.

All the interviewers and HR staff were extremely kind and encouraging. The selection process was handled quickly with constructive feedback at certain stages. All the aspects of the interview process contributed to the image of BCG being an extremely enjoyable place to work.

Interview Questions

• Business cases vary depending on previous experience of interviewers.   Answer Question
    • Personal interview - going through CV to usual personal experience/competency questions - .e.g. teamwork etc...   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Interview

The first step consisted in a logical test and in a numerical test. Not extremely difficult but time was the major constraint. The second step consisted in a case to be solved at a PC. Similar to any business case, the fact that there was no interaction with an interviewer did not help. Moreover, differently from a face-to-face interview, time was measured at the second. The third step was a face-to-face interview with background questions and a market estimation question.

Interview Questions

• The online business case itself was the most challenging part.   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

Interview

Applied online and was asked to interview two weeks later. After passing the first round of two interviews, had a second round of two interviews a few days later. Well planned process and nice atmosphere.

Interview questions were varied, but got two M&A questions.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.