FactSet Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FactSet Consulting Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Campus Recruiting:

On-Campus interview, followed by an invitation for an onsite Superday

There were behavioral questions asked by different members of the firm, with differing responsibilities. It gave the interviewee a good feel for the firm's culture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I started by attending the career fair at my university, and then was invited two weeks later for an on-campus interview. After the on-campus interview I was invited for a final round interview in the New York office.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a 30 minute on-campus interview with 2 FactSet employees. Overall, the interviewers were both nice and personable and the questions weren't difficult. Make sure you know about some recent events that have happened in the stock market. Try to show why you're interested in FactSet. I think it helps if you've used FactSet a lot as well.

Also, the position I applied for said Consultant, but I found out during the interview that they changed the program so that new hires now start out in a rotational program instead. I feel like they wasted my time because I never would have applied to the position if I had known it wasn't the Consultant role. Hopefully they're more upfront about this in the future.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Was interviewed at my university by one of the recruiters. She was texting on her cell-phone during parts of the interview, and didn't offer much insight on the job itself. I did not receive a second round interview, and when I emailed her back saying thank you and asking for feedback for future interviews, she said she didn't have any.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe excel to a 5 year old? What's your dream job? What's a VLOOKUP?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had 3 30 minute interviews via WebEx the following day. The position started a week from my interview date, so they said they would be in touch in the next few days. I still hadn't heard from them 3 days later, so I followed up with the recruiter and my interviewers and still didn't get a response. I finally received a generic email saying I was not selected 3 weeks after the job start date. I was disappointed, but also relieved to be spared from working at a company that has such little respect for its potential employees.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite website/app and why?
      Tell me about a time you taught someone something.
      How did you prepare for the interview?
      What was the last article you read?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Skype interview followed by onsite interview day. Everyone was friendly and easy to talk to. Very few technical questions, mostly behavioral. Some of the behavioral questions were a little...uncommon (e.g., “tell me about a time you did something bad and got away with it”) but the interviewers had a good sense of humor and kept the whole experience comfortable and conversational. The day ended with lunch at a nice restaurant with two potential colleagues. The offer was also very fair. Make sure you establish early on when your training will be, as my training conflicted with my graduation trip, resulting in me not being able to accept my offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the stock market to your grandma?   Answer Question
    • What’s something about you that your resume doesn’t tell me?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I interviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The first round was a 30 min Skype interview asking very general questions about myself and my work experience. The interviewer was very kind and very attentive. The interview felt like a good conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your university and why did you pick your major?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. Several days later I was contacted to set up an online interview. Preliminary video interview. Very casual and welcoming. Asked about my history, my resume, why factset, why consulting, decision on school and major, etc.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Had phone interview first to get the "fit" questions out of the way. Next was brought into the Headquarters to meet and interview with 5 different people. The interviews weren't hard but definitely come prepared to know something about the company, finance, the markets, and ASK THEM QUESTIONS.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Great experience. Really nice team and not too hard of an interview. k

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.