FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find your next job here

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated 9 Jan 2018

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Online interview with current software developer. Received email a month in advance and sent emails back and forth deciding on a date. Small programming section at the very end of interview where was asked to reverse a string in any language. ~ 30 mins

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I had one in person interview with FactSet at a recruitment event on campus. The interview was a good experience overall, and consisted of mostly behavioral questions. I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What factors would keep you coming back to work every day?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Introduction and technical questions about resume and complete an algorithm problem. The interviewer is a frontend engineer and asked questions mostly about that part. Did not finish the algorithm problem because time left for coding part was somewhat limited.

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I interviewed on campus with a recruiter then was invited to the office for a super day. Before I came in, i completed an online assessment. Everyone was very nice and super easy to talk to. There were 4 interviews with managers and one group activity then we went out to lunch after. The questions were mostly behavioral and going over your resume. One of the interviews was excel focused, another was financial questions and one of them we were asked to do a short presentation.

Client Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

It started with a phone call assessment and inviting me for an examination. The exam was pretty easy and everything went well. After 30 mins the Hr representative told me to wait for about an hour. Then I was surprised that I will have my initial interview with the HR representative. Right after the interview she told me that I've passed the HR interview and she even told me that I need to study some important points about the company and the position I'm applying for. After the interview she's inviting me for a panel interview (3days after) and it is composed of 3 panels (2foreigner and 1 Filipina).

Honestly, I studied those important points I was asked by the HR to study. But during the interview (panel) I started to get pressured and I can't even focused which I think the reason why I failed. A week after the panel interview I didn't heard anything from the HR that's why I decided to contact them thru email and sadly I got a bad news but the experience I had with them is unforgettable.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through website and was asked to do a video interview. Very laid back. The recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to! A lot of more behavioral questions. If you pass this round, you are asked to go to interview at office of choice.

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed first on campus with a FactSet recruiter, and later at the Boston, MA office. The interview consisted of a short, non-technical presentation, a 30 minute prioritization activity, and four behavioral/skills interviews with various hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What is a sector?   1 Answer
    • Where are the markets going?   1 Answer
    • What is the S&P 500?   1 Answer
    • What did you do to prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by an on-site interview. On-site interview lasted for about 5 hours and consisted of a presentation about the internship program, followed by three technical interview components: a code review, a data structures/algorithms question, and an object-oriented programming organization question. Afterwards, you go out to lunch with some current full-time employees who used to be interns. After that, you are interviewed about your past projects and experiences, and finally, you meet with HR.

Interview Questions

• Given a matrix with each row and column sorted in increasing order, find if the matrix contains a given element.   1 Answer

Software Engineer() Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in November 2017.

Interview

Everyone at FactSet was friendly and professional. Algorithms and object-oriented design questions weren't challenging.

Only issue is that they didn't give me a choice when choosing a language. They made me answer questions and interview in C++ even though I don't list C++ on my resume and told them repeatedly I don't know the language.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Only made it to the first round phone interview, they asked basic object oriented questions. Talk about inheritance Vs. abstraction. Then a coding challenge which you could use any language. They gave me a problem about string compression.

Interview Questions

• String compression program challenge.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.