FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated 14 Oct 2017

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)).

Interview

Process consists of an initial 30 minute technical phone interview. I was asked about my experience, then some simple technical questions (explain what hash map is and how it works, describe a function to reverse a string, what is the difference between a scripting and a compiled language).

Next, I was flown to their Norwalk HQ for a round of onsite interviews. The hotel was comfortable and FactSet provided transportation to and from the airport. The onsite consisted of 5 rounds of interviews. There was a debugging round in which I had to find errors in a linked list implementation, an algorithms/data structures round consisting of simple string manipulation, an OOP round where I had to model a parking garage using OOP principles, a fit round where I had to talk to a Director about my background (how did you become interested in software), and finally a talk with the recruiter where we discussed logistics.

The recruiter was always extremely slow to respond (sometimes took weeks to email back), but otherwise the interview experience was very nice overall. The entire process from phone screen to offer took just over a month.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with online editor. Had a brief introduction to the interviewer and the company. After which, I talked about one of my projects on my resume. Then I was asked some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between javascript, java and python?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between linked list and array? what are their access time complexities?   Answer Question
    • what is a recursion?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between Static vs. dynamic typing of programming languages?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between the java and c++ memory management.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Call then fly you there for half-day technical interview. I applied through a career fair at a university. Flown to their HQ in Nowalk, CT at night and interview next day. People were all very friendly and was more like collaborative puzzle solving than "prove you wrong" interview.

Interview Questions

• Examine this implementation of a data structure and point out issues with its coding.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in October 2017.

Interview

Got a 30 minute in-person interview. Talked about my previous experiences and work preference. Asked basic OOP questions. Question wasn't hard but was nervous so I struggled through it. Got the solution in the end.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, count the total number of 3s and 5s digits that appear in the array (ex. 305 would be counted as 2).   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a 30 minute on-campus interview with 2 FactSet employees. Overall, the interviewers were both nice and personable and the questions weren't difficult. Make sure you know about some recent events that have happened in the stock market. Try to show why you're interested in FactSet. I think it helps if you've used FactSet a lot as well.

Also, the position I applied for said Consultant, but I found out during the interview that they changed the program so that new hires now start out in a rotational program instead. I feel like they wasted my time because I never would have applied to the position if I had known it wasn't the Consultant role. Hopefully they're more upfront about this in the future.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

The whole process went on 45 minutes. However, unlike the other interview, it took like 43 minutes to ask me details about projects on my resume. And only 2 minutes for me to resolve a programming question.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

The whole process was very quick and professional. HR Rep handled the whole process and it only took about a month from the email to offer package. Submitted application online. Was contacted for phone interview. Then got flown out for onsite interview.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

The hiring process and interview process is forst you will have your exam in the desired position then if you pass you'll have an hr interview just basic questions ang basic acctg terms and if you pass you're going to have your technical interview with the team lead and if you pass again, final interview last.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in September 2017.

Interview

Met them at campus career fair. One phone screen before the onsite. 3 technical interviews and a behavioral. Know your algo and ds and you'll be fine. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FactSet in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me asking me if I would interview. In a few days we had a technical interview over the phone. They process moved quickly and was painless. Interview question was very easily and I finished quickly. Then we discussed how to optimize together.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.