FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2018

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted via email to schedule a call screening. After, she scheduled a phone interview with a software engineer. The interview was over the phone and 30 mins long. It consisted of questions about my projects, some technical questions, and a coding section. The coding section was not allowed to be pseudo-code.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a linked list and a vector?   Answer Question
    • If you were to implement a queue, would you use a linked list or array? explain why.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a hash table, and what is the worst case scenario?   Answer Question
    • Write a method that takes in an array of integers and reverses the order   Answer Question

Client Solutions Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was a low-key conversational phone interview that lasted about 25 minutes. Mostly the recruiter tried to get a feel for my experience and qualifications and so-on, with a few basic excel questions.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Campus Recruiting:

On-Campus interview, followed by an invitation for an onsite Superday

There were behavioral questions asked by different members of the firm, with differing responsibilities. It gave the interviewee a good feel for the firm's culture.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I started by attending the career fair at my university, and then was invited two weeks later for an on-campus interview. After the on-campus interview I was invited for a final round interview in the New York office.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet in March 2018.

Interview

Pretty pissed off here. Recruiter emailed me (after I met with on campus recruiters and passing their tests), telling me she wants to set me up for a technical interview, so I prepare furiously for that. Then she calls at the arranged time, instead of an engineer, and asks strictly non-technical interview questions. Not fair at all.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Facstset contacted me back in a month after I applied online. After the phone interview, HR contacted me back for an on-site interview. After the on-site interview, I received an offer the day after.

Interview Questions

• Look at the code and explain what it does and debug it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

first round is phone interview, the second round is onsite interview. The phone interview is asking a easy question about writing a function of fizzbuzz. However, the interviewer did not ask any question about my resume.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

First round was a general phone interview with the recruiter. Later I was notified that they would like to go ahead and schedule an white board interview. Did not get past the white board round.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write a function which required good UNIX file commands knowledge. The function was predefined and required to open the file (file path was provided )and read the lines and manipulate them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I was first called for an initial phone screening, which was completely behavioral in nature. The recruiter I spoke with was very kind and made me feel quite comfortable. We spoke for about 20 minutes about topics such as my interest in the position/company, as well as company culture. The recruiter was very quick when contacting me and this was much appreciated. The next week, I proceeded to a second phone interview that included an online programming skills check. I spoke with company software developer who asked more technical questions and had me interactively program in my browser while they watched. This took about 30 minutes. After this round, sadly, I was told that I was not fit for the position.

Overall, the interview process was quite speedy and Factset employees made sure to get back to me a soon as possible. They very much respected my time, which was quite nice of them. I would say it was a positive experience!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite data structure? Explain it and its uses.   Answer Question
    • Explain how C++ and Java are different.   Answer Question
    • Explain how smart pointers work in C++.   Answer Question
    • Explain the time complexities of some common data structure operations.   Answer Question
    • Interactive programming: Design a class to imitate a C++ vector. Write the push function.   Answer Question

Client Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (Stamford, CT (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

initial interview is done via Zoom, an online video call app. The entire interview lasted about thirty minutes and was primarily focussed on reviewing my resume and background.

Interview Questions

• If you had to explain excel to your grandmother, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.