FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FactSet Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

1,224 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First round with HR. Then completed an online hacker rank Assessment. After one week, had a code Pair phone interview with hiring manager. Then got the virtual onsite interview with two different teams. After one day of VO, received a call from HR with an offer. Questions were not too hard, but keep in mind to think out loud during the whole process

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

First short phone interview. Then long 2-3 hour interview where you meet with team of people. After that they will stay in contact with you and then eventually reach out to you. My experience may be different due to covid19

Interview Questions

• Talk about different skills. Excel, python, etc. be able to talk about past experience   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Started with a 30-minute phone screening with a recruiter, then an interview day consisting of 4 separate interviews. The whole process took about two weeks and was very painless.

Interview Questions

• Pick an app and tell us what you would improve about it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you solved a problem or worked on a project.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews. 1st round was with a Software Engineer Manager (USA) and BA (USA). 2nd Round was with Engineering director (London) and (3) Engineering manager (USA), last round was with lead talent acquisition specialist in the US that found me through LinkedIn.

1st round was find where they detailed out the job. The application is a very old 10+ years WinForm application written in C# with Microsoft office products integrated into the WinForm application. Part of the role is being a scrum master which all the developers take turns being the scrum master. Also, there is some interaction with the clients when the FactSet consultants can't fix a bug or resolve a customer related issue with the application. Most of the newer exciting web and mobile development is taking place offshore in London, England where they are re-writing the product in Vue.
    Sadly, the technical screening was not really thought out well and they relied on 2 Hacker rank questions. I would of really appreciated it if they could of concentrated and put some effort into selling the position and what they were currently doing rather than relying on a computer generated test. There was not a lot of effort or pzazz that went into presenting the position. The job as presented would of been a big step back in time with technology.

Interview Questions

• Join 2 table and get the date where most of employees worked for a previous employer.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Phone Screening: Background check
    2. OA: 2 Hacker rank medium with any choice of language
    3. Hacker rank code pair: 1-hour video Techincal hacker rank question with an interviewer.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

office information session day before interview, in person interview, 2 hour interview with 4 different people plus a demo by a 5th party (had to prepare a 10 minute presentation for the 2nd interview without the use of powerpoint)

Interview Questions

• what would you look at to determine if you would invest in a company   1 Answer
    • questions about the presentation given   Answer Question
    • why factset vs other fintech competitors   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Interview

Walk me through your resume, talk me through your classes, why FactSet, etc. Then lots of background on the team itself and what my role would be. Following this, we had a live coding session in which the interviewer walked me through a Bayesian problem

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

About 45 minutes interview, all of the questions about a piece of code. I need to debug the code. The most challenge part is that all the bugs can not show in the result. If you run the code, the result is fine and no bugs reported. You need to find the bug with the result and the description beyond each method. I do not think it's a good way in interview if you test some details in code with a time limit. But, anyway, if you are a good programmer, you should handle all cases.

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I applied online, was contacted within the next week for a Skype interview with an HR person. We discussed my resume, the role I was applying for, and some basic financial questions. I then was contacted to interview in person with the team/office I applied to. It was a four hour day of various interviews and tasks among other candidates, but ended with them taking us out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• Looking at charts with information about various securities and analyzing to produce a basic financial outcome. (Would you invest in this sector, which is the most volatile, etc.)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online. they replied within the week and schedule you for an exam. Examination first then once you pass they will schedule a panel interview. one to two weeks period.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.