FactSet Financial Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Apr 2019

2.8

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I just had a phone interview and it went much quicker than i am used to. Interviewer said they would let know whether i made it to the next round by the end of the week and didn't get back to me until the following week. Seems like an interesting company though.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my experience and why I'm interested in the company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screening then in person interview. I was referred so the phone call was very informal and straight forward. Based on my previous internships and academic profile they were very interested but the position was not geared towards my desired career path.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences have prepared you for this position and why?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

They’ll bring you in at 9am and you’ll sit down with a Consulting Manager who will take you through an informational 30 min segment on the company w/ 3-4 other candidates. From here you’re broken into 4 separate interviews, in random order: Technology Interview; Finance Interview; Leadership Interview; Helping Others interview

Interview Questions

• Q: What's a P/E ratio? What are common market indexes investors refer to; explain EBITDA; why your major? What makes you a good leader? Who do you look up to? explain a common misconception people have about you? Name a split-second decision? Talk about a B/S, I/S, CF statement; What's EPS and FactSet's stock price?   1 Answer

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

On Campus Interview. Got the interview after going to an information session and introducing myself to the speaker. The speaker was a manager and ended up being the one who interviewed me. The interview was myself, the speaker, and his colleague. They each asked me questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the name of the CEO? What is the current stock price ?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have which would fit with this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about your experience with financial software.   Answer Question
    • What research did you do for this interview?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview process is not hard. It is an on campus interview. There are some general questions about your resume and then they ask if you have relative experience. They introduce what they do and what kind of training program they will provide to you. It is about a 20 minutes interview.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Average process. Nothing special. I remember them asking me about their company’s stock price at the start of the day of my interview. No one was very interested in interviewing me and came off distant. They did treat me to lunch however, but the two gentlemen that escorted me were plain individuals with little to add to conversation.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Video (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Video (Brazil)) in March 2016.

Interview

applied online process took 2-3weeks
    Video interview with HR. Try to stay relaxed during interview my interviewer was making notes herself so didn't really have time to look up at my body languages etc i made some key notes on the side and referred to it quickly. I wasn't really interested in factset so was happy with the outcome used it more for interviewing preparation for other companies. Hope this helps someone who's keen to work there

Interview Questions

• Whats the difference between buy/sell side
      what is difference between M and IB
      Why factset
      When have you dealt conflict within a team   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England) in July 2014.

Interview

Initial stage - Online tests: I was given a numerical test, an excel test (basic; know how to use vlookup, conditional formatting etc), and a financial knowledge test (all calculation questions have formulae provided, but you should know things like index and exchange locations)

Face to face interview: Basic questions about why factset, why finance etc, along with some financial competency questions (difference between IB/IM, how would a portfolio manager use our software)

Interview Questions

• What company indicators would someone in M&A look for in our software when looking to make an acquisition? How would a buy side trader use our software compared to sell side?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

They took me to written test that had easy excel and basic finance question. However, it might be a little difficult if one hasn't taken any finance courses.

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FactSet in January 2011.

Interview

Got an invite from HR Manager for assesment day.
    Very quick and easy tests in excel, finance and maths.

Then interview where tthere was a HR rep and a Consultant. It was a laid back interview where they went through my CV, about the role, company and skills.

Interview Questions

• None really. What skills do you think the role needs maybe.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.