G4S Custom Protection Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

G4S Custom Protection Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at G4S

1.7

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Charlotte, NC (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was held at a job fair. It was short and concise. They asked my qualifications, then told me a little about the specific site, the hours, and the hiring process. I got the site manager's personal phone number to call if I had not heard from anyone at the company within six weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you have law enforcement or military experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for G4S

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G4S (New Orleans, LA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Two interviews were conducted.
    HR Manager was easy going not a laid back interview but straight to the point.
    Received offer same day. There were no hard questions.

There were no difficult questions to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were face with a different task?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

There wasn't an interview. Simply filled out the application and background info and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working nights?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was, this is what I have, take it or leave it.

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at G4S (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was called in for an oral interview. When I interviewed for the position the interviewer noticed that I was a former deputy sheriff and stated to me that former police officers ". . .had an attitude problem." Huh? The Custom Protection Officer position that I applied for stated in its requirements that the position was for individuals with prior law enforcement or military experience so what the heck? The interviewer then later stated that her BofA armed guards only carried 38 ca revolvers and that my exposed weapons permit was for 9mm or 40 ca. weapons. Don't know why she mentioned her BofA guards because because the position I applied for was for an unarmed position.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer was irrelevant with her comments for the position I was applying for. She never explained the Custom Protection Officer position in Menlo Park.   Answer Question

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G4S (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

I submitted my application to G4S for Custom Protection Officer in July, 2011. I met all of the pre-employment qualifications, with the exception of having a degree. The application process of applying in person is very time consuming, and then G4S only keeps the application for one month. I was not contacted for an interview and wonder exactly what they are looking for. Having served for 20 years in the Navy, served in the Military Police field, graduated from a Military Police academy, reserve deputy sheriff academy, and a state correction officer academy I felt that I was more than qualified for what they might have me doing.

After acknowledging the grooming standards of no beards I observed the General Manager with a goatee. This type of example reflects a "do as I say, not as I do" attitude. Maybe this guy didn't go out in the field but this sure was a negative reflection on managements behalf.

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G4S.

Interview

Applied online and it took a month to get a reply back. They invited me in for an interview and it was a typical interview. After passing the first interview they sent me over for a second interview at the job site I would be working at. After passing the second interview you get a conditional offer of employment and then have to submit a drug test, psychology test, and physical exam.

Interview Questions

• Just know yourself and what can you contribute to the company   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations due to contract

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S in May 2013.

Interview

I went in expecting an interview and was met with an hiring packet

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received a email about scheduling an interview. There was only one interview for the job. The interviewer was pretty relaxed and went through the motions of pretty much going over a checklist of questions. Asked about my history, work experience, expectations etc. One to two weeks of training at minimum wage, but you do become CPR certified, and you go to your full hourly wage after that.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected was asked. Asked about military, and employment history. A few "if this situation occurred, how would you handle it". Pretty straight forward and to the point on most things.   Answer Question

Found a position with a different company.

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Richmond, VA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

My interview was with just one person, however it could be more. The interview is Oral, face to face which was based on the new interview style with "give me a situation where you....." The mmpi test was administered at the area office in Richmond as well as the short classroom training. A few videos are shown on sexual harassment, vehicle safety etc. The job eventually calls for you to take the armed and unarmed security training. Their are private companies everywhere,( must be Department of Criminal Justice Certified)that you can take on a weekend.

Interview Questions

• Know yourself and be able to list why you would make a good security officer. How would your friends describe you. What is one of your weaknesses. Working with all types of people one needs to know how to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times. One must remember you are representing your employer. The contract you are assigned to has rules and regulations as well that has to be adhered to. It is not always what you personally would do in a situation, but what does the contract call for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation...it is all contract work. They do have different levels of security officers along with different pay(CPO is 13.00 in this area and from their it goes down to approximately10.00?) based on your education, military or law enforcement. Department of Corrections and Sheriffs office qualify you for a CPO position)

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at G4S (Farmington Hills, MI (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

You go through a weeks training in a class room which is completely dumb and then you transfer to the refinery and do more training for 3 days for 12 hours and then you're on your own.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.