Glassdoor Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glassdoor Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

2.8

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

First two phone interviews were straight forward, fun, informative and not tough in any real way.

The third interview was on-site, all day - 6 hrs. Met with mostly managers and one SDET sandwiched in between. Started with bright personalities in the beginning and ended sort of flat. One system design question, one algorithms question, and lots of testing related questions. The algorithm question was standard, however I struggled to connect with that interviewer as he seemed to focus narrowly on finding errors instead of also discovering knowledge. We failed to establish a mutual understanding of the situation.

There were tons of testing questions and they all shared a specific mindset and approach to testing. After a while it was pretty exhausting and in some cases I struggled to fight the fatigue in repeating verbal answers- last interviewer seemed tired and unamused... too bad I didn't jump up and make it interactive with the white board, ha.

Overall it was an good learning experience personally even though I was unable to demonstrate I was a match for their needs.

From what I can tell, it's a nice place for a developer to work, learn, and grow- In particular, I sensed that there's a lot of room for improvement in architecture and "modernization" - which - actually, would be real fun to play a part in renovating.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter. I mentioned that I want to relocate a little faster and she made sure to set up the interviews asap. Had 2 phone interviews, one with the Senior QA manager and the other with the Director of Engineering. After the first phone screen the director of engineering promptly reached out for a phone screen the same day. Had issues scheduling the same day (due to different time zones) so had it the following day instead.
    After the phone screen immediately got the call from the recruiter to set-up onsite. Since I wanted to move fast she scheduled the interview for the following Monday ( pretty impressive).
    They flew me over and put me up in a very nice hotel close to office. Also took care of booking a rental car and all the logistics.
    Onsite was 5 rounds with Senior QA manager, Engineering Manager, SDET, Director of Product Management and the CTO (SUUUUUPer impressed now). Everyone was pretty awesome and made me feel comfortable throughout.
    Sort of got a verbal "yes we want you" from the CTO. I was very happy with what I saw during the interview and definitely wanted to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Questions around test framework development, Process improvement, build process improvement and some fundamental testing tool questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't really need to negotiate. I was asked what I was expecting and once I gave the number ,they offered me the salary. Also offered a bunch of equity as I was leaving behind in my former job a bunch of unvested stocks. They offered me a small relocation bonus which I felt was a little less but I didn't really care to negotiate about it as I definitely wanted to work with them.

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

The process was started by a recruiter with two phone screens with the director of QA and the director of engineering. The phone screens consisted of the usual what are we doing now sections along with some simple problem solving related to QA and software development. Then followed two on-site interviews with the first one going from morning till a bit after lunch(lunch was included and very tasty), and the second on-site was a follow-up to cover items not discussed during the first on-site. With the first on-site I got to meet a wide variety of the Glassdoor team, including the CTO, which really made me feel special. The team was a nice group which made me feel comfortable and at ease during the interview. As part of the interview I was giving a tour of the building which was impressive especially since it is right on the water, and not to mention the game room, exercise gym, and large open floor space. The actual interview consisted of many white board sessions describing the architecture of what I created at my previous employer, and very detailed questions about the product I worked on. There was also engineering problem solving white board questions, which had a nice variety in topics including SQL, caching, java programming, software testing, algorithms.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was related to what didn't not go well with during my stint with my previous employer regarding the software development effort I oversaw.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation since I really liked Glassdoor and wasn't planning to leave my current employer at the time, and I felt that as long they matched my current pay I am happy, which they did and then some.

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

HR call followed by a coding assignment then a phone interview which included 45 min talk plus 30 min coding exercise. Onsite interview consisted of 6 x 45 minute interviews. Passed all interviews with great feedback and received a verbal offer the very day! Recruiter was very responsive and pleasant. Great communication throughout the entire process. The interview onsite was very relaxed and I got a great feel for the work environment. Extremely nice people and smart. The entire process is very organized.

Interview Questions

• Front end and backend test framework design from scratch   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.