Harrods Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Harrods Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Harrods

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knightsbridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (Knightsbridge, England) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online and the following day i have been contacted by their internal recruiter for a phone interview which lasted about an hour, we got on really well and so, i secured an interview 10 days later.

Everything went wrong from the very beggining, the manager interviewing me didn't know anything about myself/my experience, and went to take/print my Cv, he returned 30 minutes later. I had the impresion that he was either bored or tired, or didnt like my presence, i felt as he was looking down on me. I have been asked 4 questions, and the interview came to an end. After that i have been ghosted, i actualy contacted the recruiter 11 days later for feedback and been told i was unsuccesful.

Interview Questions

• Out of the 5 values, which one is the most important and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Harrods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Had a telephone interview that took around 30 minutes. Competency Based Questions that became repetitive after a while. Furthermore, got called in for a 1:1 attended. The same questions were asked which was a bit overwhelming. Maybe they needed to see your body language and your appearance which is totally understandable. Furthermore, I received a phone call a week later stating "you are driven, passionate, all things that we are looking for. Love your background and how you are. However, you are unsuccessful at this time because 'you talk really fast.' Nonetheless, having a Bachelors and a Masters Degree in Communication should be a plus when it comes on to communication effectively and having the positive tone when speaking to clients and team members. I was also told " Incase a stakeholder walks in they need to understand what you are saying." First of all, I speak English very well. Secondly, who would of thought your education and what you are a master at would be a downfall to working for Harrods. Anyways, if that is feedback that you give to your candidates, you might want to come up with another way to effectively communicate with potential candidates.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harrods in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was face to face with an area manager who seemed a bit bonkers. Did not seem to care much for my academic achievements nor history just wanted to tell me about himself and how he had progressed throughout retail and his vision . Was not briefed on full duties just a glossy overview. This turned out to be far from what the actual responsibilities were.

Interview Questions

• WHY do you want to work with us, and don't say because it's harrods.   1 Answer

Harrods Response

18 Oct 2017 – Resourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are constantly reviewing our candidate experience, I am sorry to hear that your interview did not meet your expectation. I would like to understand more about your interview experience so please do contact me on Linda.Treen@Harrods.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

Stage 1 was an initial phone interview and stage 2 was an assessment centre was told I would receive feedback within one week its now been over four weeks and no one has gotten in contact. Staff seemed really helpful and eager to find you a role within the store someone from HR was included in my assessment centre the whole assessment was about an hour long overfull it was a good experience but has been turned into a negative one by not bothering to even email me back. After having to rearrange my days off to attend the assessment it is disappointing to not even receive a yes or no response from them, I would of expected more from a company like Harrods overall a disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.