Anglian Water Reviews

Found 271 of over 394 reviews

4.5
Anglian Water Managing Director Peter Simpson
Peter Simpson
Pros
  • "Offering flexible working arrangements to suit my needs(in 26 reviews)

• "Afforded me exceptional work/life balance(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I would not recommend working at AW to my friends(in 6 reviews)

• "Quite a lot to learn - takes about a year to feel fully comfortable(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good but hard

27 May 2021 - Mechanical Technician in Norwich, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, good hours and fairly easy work

Cons

Team ‘mates’ only care about themselves

2. 5.0

Great Place to Work

21 May 2021 - Senior Manager in Huntingdon, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility - culture of engagement and development of individuals and teams; Passion - it is a place full of passionate people focused on the task of supplying wholesome water to our customer before treating it and returning it safely to the environment; Variety - the scope and opportunity of roles within the company are significant, particularly when including the roles within our alliance partners (who range from IT through to facilities management); Well-being - the business really does care about all employees and has been on a significant journey over the last few years to improve employee support as well as flexibility of benefits/working environment;

Cons

It is a visible and recognisable company with a clear presence in the community, which means that employees can be approached at any time with questions about the company’s performance, the water industry as a whole or the leak or flood in their street. This can be daunting for some people, but it is also very rewarding as it is a company to be proud of for those of us who work here.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Say what you mean, mean what you say

11 May 2021 - Smart Asset and Operations Manager in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Anglian Water is a forward thinking, change delivering, frontier pushing company that recognizes and respects that it's people are it's most important and valuable asset. The values of Anglian Water and all of the normal company slogans actually feel like they mean something, and people here really do feel part of a bigger purpose. I am well supported by my immediate managers and others across the business are always willing to help and share their knowledge. I am also well rewarded, particularly for the region we work in. The additional benefits available to employees, annual leave, medical cover, mental health and financial support are exceptional.

Cons

As a regulated business, reward (whilst fair) is lower than similar roles in truly private sectors (but more secure). There are some really big challenges facing the water industry, if you aren't passionate about change and progress - the hard work needed over coming years will be a negative.

4. 3.0

It’s OK

2 Jun 2021 - Anonymous Employee in King's Lynn, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can be flexible, heart in the right place, some very talented people (but rarely acknowledged)

Cons

Poor on recognition, value only appears applicable to senior employees, management style dated, very top down, can be patronising. Seem to prefer certain people for development, tell a great inclusion story..., do I need to go on. Lacks ambition.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Positive and supportive environment

23 Apr 2021 - Portfolio Manager in Lincoln, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people and that everyone is here to positively move forward in delivering a great service to our customers whilst protecting our environment. Supportive in developing people Never boring! There's always a challenge and a drive to work towards being better at what we do Great direction and leadership from our CEO Empowerment to get on with the job whilst being available for support if required

Cons

There's always a challenge, our value of always exploring means there a long list of things to work on :-)

Anglian Water Response

Recruitment Advisor

Thanks for leaving a review and for your over 10 years service!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

#1 Employer

19 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation and Benefits Work-life balance A lovely, kind and welcoming workforce Purpose driven Modern approach An organisation with meaningful results, you give back to the community Endless development opportunities

Cons

Communication Access to information Cross business collaboration needs improving

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Proud to work for this leading organisation

4 May 2021 - Smart Water Strategy Manager in Eden Prairie, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Anglian Water offers a diverse range of exciting career opportunities. A great culture, where employees are valued for their contribution. A real focus on employee wellbeing, flexible working, healthcare and additional support packages.

Cons

There are no real cons to working at AW, if there was one thing once you join you do not want to leave.

Anglian Water Response

Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for leaving a 5 star review - no cons as well, this is great news!

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good to work for

17 May 2021 - Customer Service Specialist in Eden Prairie, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great job if you’re good at using your initiative at dealing with problems

Cons

Only having 1 staff member for over 100 people to give you help if you get stuck

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Squeezing as much value as possible from us

15 May 2021 - Process Controller in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, working out and about without supervision, good career progression opportunities. Providing an essential service.

Cons

Standby is very hard. The job now involves a lot more than just treating water and becomes very stressful as the company tries to get us to do as much as possible having cut jobs in the past. Not much rest or holiday considering the amount of unsocial hours we work. PDRs are a waste of time and promote people who are good with PDRs, not necessarily the job.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to work for, salary is minimum

2 Jun 2021 - Laboratory Analyst in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good within culture, helpful with flexible shifts

Cons

Salary is below the competitors, no promotion and no salary review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 271 Reviews