Anglian Water Reviews
76% would recommend to a friend
(439 total reviews)
85% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good pensions and benefits" (in 55 reviews)
- "AW care about their people and its a great place to work" (in 48 reviews)
- "Anglian Water has a great culture" (in 29 reviews)
- "The team at Anglian Water have been great to work with during my short term work placement." (in 26 reviews)
- "Work life balance is good" (in 21 reviews)
- "Some very very poor managers that do not support their teams in the least." (in 17 reviews)
- "poor management" (in 12 reviews)
- "A truly awful company, clearly marketing themselves as a great place to work to help disguise the fact that in reality, this a really toxic, bullying, gas" (in 6 reviews)
- "Senior management completely unaware of this." (in 4 reviews)
Found 439 of over 658 reviews
Updated 23 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW16 Jan 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearHuntingdon, England
Ongoing personal development opportunities and training. Good pay and package Lovely staff ethos Driven and professional teams Specialists in every field that are available to give you advice.
Large company- so process can sometimes take a little while.Anglian Water Response10mo
Thank you so much for leaving us a fantastic 5 star review. It is great to hear you are making the most of our development opportunities and training. We hope to see you continue to succeed in your role with us.
- 5.023 Nov 2023LifeguardCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOakham, England
Flexible hours and good pay
No regular hours and guarantee of workAnglian Water Response6d
Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review - its really great to see you have had a positive experience of working with us!
- 4.08 Nov 2023Seasonal Catering AssistantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearStutton, England
Casual contract allows flexible work. Company pension and rewards/benefits even on a casual contract, for example holiday pay and Christmas bonus.
Confused management. Work practices are not consistent.Anglian Water Response6d
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review - we really appreciate your feedback. We will pass on your feedback internally.
- 5.07 Nov 2023Operations ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsHuntingdon, England
the people, ethos, development opportunities
can be slow moving at timesAnglian Water Response6d
Thank you so much for leaving us a 5 star review - we really appreciate it.
- 5.027 Oct 2023Digital ApprenticeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPeterborough, England
Good work life balance. In my field, helpful and understanding colleagues. Hybrid working.
If parts of the business is slipping everyone takes the fall from a wider perspective.Anglian Water Response4w
Thank you so much for leaving us a 5 star review! We really appreciate it.
- 4.030 Oct 2023Seasonal Sales AssistantFormer EmployeeIpswich, England
easy jobs to learn, colleagues were nice
no career progression, zero hours contractAnglian Water Response4w
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we really appreciate it
- 3.020 Oct 2023Engagement ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLincoln, England
good place with great benefits esp in turbulent times
career progression could be betterAnglian Water Response2mo
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I would encourage you to speak with your manager/HR Business partner regarding career progression and they will be able to let you know what opportunities are available.
- 3.024 Aug 2023Project EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsNorwich, England
Plenty of different departments and areas to work within, varied work to keep things interesting. Many great and experienced people around the business.
Lack of support with progression in certain departments. Hard work is not always appreciated. Short sighted decision making at times. Lovetolisten surveys feel like a waste of time with the important issues being brushed under the rug and only the easy changes are made - the same issues appear during each survey.Anglian Water Response4mo
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it! Sorry to hear you feel there is lack of support with progression, we encourage you to speak in confidence with your HR Business Partner if you wanted to discuss this further. We will also take the Love to Listen feedback internally to the team for you.
- 2.014 Oct 2023Graduate AssistantFormer EmployeePeterborough, England
Flexible working and various offices to work from
Traditional ways - not very good with changeAnglian Water Response2mo
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear you feel this way.
- 3.09 Oct 2023Environmental InspectorFormer EmployeeLondon, England
The use of a Company car
Being taxed on the carAnglian Water Response2mo
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear how you felt during your time with us.
Anglian Water Reviews FAQs
Anglian Water has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 658 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at Anglian Water to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
76% of Anglian Water employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Anglian Water 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.