Barclays Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Barclays Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Newark, DE (US)).

Interview

Straight forward. Typical questions of behavioral type of interview. Met with several people in the group so got a feel of the atmosphere.l and people I would work with. Able to ask question.

Interview Questions

• What are stagers of project?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Whippany, NJ (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied directly online and was reached out by their "lead corporate recruiter" shortly after. The recruiter was friendly but it was obvious from the start they very disorganized. Following a brief HR phone screen, I attended in an in-person interview which was for the WRONG position that I applied for. This was mistake number 1. Despite numerous messages, I never got a response back following that in-person interview and to properly interview me for the correct position. Then nearly 2 months later, Barclays reached out to me AGAIN out of the blue saying they liked how my previous in-person interview and I may be a better fit for yet another role and scheduled for me to come in-person again. This time around, they never sent the confirmation email / itinerary to attend. Mistake number 2. At this point I've given up on trying to even communicate with the recruiter and I've accepted a position at another company. Needless to say this reflects very poorly on Barclays and I won't be submitting any more applications or respond to communication. How disorganized can one company be?

Interview Questions

• Questions were experienced and cultural based during the on-site interview.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barclays (Wilmington, DE (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a fast process as it was for a backfill position. Overall one round including both tech and situation questions. Very easy process and got an answer within 2 days

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Wilmington, DE (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Straight forward. Standard questions. Met with several team members to review project methodology and answer standard interview and behavioral questions. Nothing out of ordinary. One day interview with 4 interviews consisting of 30 minutes each. Opportunity to ask lots of questions and learn job.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays (McKinney, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through a contracting company. process took more than a month. Once the contracting company's HR screened me for 30 minutes, submitted my resume to Barclays. Face to face interview with 2 VPs were scheduled and it went well. One of the VPs wanted have me talk to his partner from development side as the day of my 1st face to face interview VP of Dev was not available to talk since this job has high visibility. 2 weeks later 2nd face to face interview was scheduled with a panel of 3 people. 2 senior project managers and a VP of software development. During the interview, VP was not making eye contact or asking any question as he was looking on his smart phone. I felt really bad about the process. No communication from neither Barclays nor from the contracting company after the 2nd interview. 2 weeks later, I found out that that position was filled with a candidate whose resume was presented by the same contracting company presented my resume with less hourly rate.

Interview Questions

• Pros and cons of Aglie vs. Waterfall project management methodology   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Wilmington, DE (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process is a clear indication of how the organization runs-- unorganized and disjointed. it is not uncommon for the interviewers to reach out to their personal /professional colleagues and friends to see if they can provide any information about you outside of your references.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed twice for the same job... almost a full year apart. Initial interview (screening with HR) was typical and to the point. On site interviews with peers and managers were completed followed by a test. The test took longer than the 5 interviews and was FAR more difficult. I only had to go in once, which is better than other processes where you get called back over and over to talk to different people.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical. The test was the most difficult part of the process and took several hours. I was completely drained afterwards.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Recruiter set up the interview, interviewer was late but I had the opportunity to observe the working conditions etc... it was clear that there was very few people over 35 at their office. The interview was ver cordial but the recruriter the next day called and after telling me that I didn't get the position asked my age.
    I told him and then I told him my observations which he agreed was most likely the real reason. Bottom line to me is if you are older than 30-35 don't take the trip to Jersey City.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England) in September 2020.

Interview

The interviewer asked me unnecessary tricky questions hence I couldn't give the response he was looking for. When I asked him how he would answer his question, he changed the question and answered himself

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you realise if you are not meeting a project deadline.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

It was a four tiered review process. The process was well managed and organized. The staff members were very helpful and very friendly. There were no hidden agendas. The interview process was completed within a month.

Interview Questions

• How do I manage a project that is in a state of chaos?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.