Edelman PR Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Edelman PR Interview Questions

Interviews at Edelman

2.4

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for two different entry level PR positions at two different offices: New York and Washington D.C. New York's office was looking for someone in entertainment, while D.C. was in healthcare. I was interested in the entertainment role, as that was my area of study, but I agreed to interview in D.C. as well at the recruiter's request. I unfortunately had a very dissatisfactory experience with both interviews. In New York, I did a first round interview, which went well, and I was invited back. I traveled to New York for a follow up interview, and when I met with the interviewer was immediately asked for my portfolio. I did not have a portfolio (this was the first mention of one) and the interview was promptly ended. I had paid my own way on both occasions, purchasing plane tickets, hotels, etc. I followed up several times with both people whom had interviewed me and never received a response. My interview in the D.C. office was pretty terrible, as I am not interested in healthcare in a professional capacity and was admittedly a very bad fit for the position. I still had to sit and take a general knowledge quiz at the close of the interview. Overall, I spend a few hundred dollars of my own money to do these interviews, but in the end it very much felt like recruiters trying to fill a quota rather than taking the time to match candidates with the job requirements. At the very least, I would have appreciated a response email. Very disappointing for a company that I otherwise thought very positively of.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with video equipment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

PR Interview

Interview

Was contacted by email after submitting my application. Set up a phone screening that went well - asked all the typical questions but also had a few that I was not prepared for.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the biggest challenge the PR industry is facing right now?   Answer Question

PR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

It started with a phone screening from HR. I later had a panel interview with 3 people at Edelman. The conversation was light, asking about background, interest in PR and why I wanted to work there. The SAE wasn't as friendly. The two other AEs were nice - and seemed more approachable.

PR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman in February 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an Edelman employee. I had to complete an online application and I was then contacted by an Human Resources employee to schedule a Skype call. The interview was very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview questions ie: What is PR to you? Why Edelman? etc   Answer Question

PR Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Edelman in September 2011.

Interview

Two face-to-face interview (1 with HR and 1 with team). Formal writing and grammar tests.

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received a reply promptly asking me for come for an interview. The interviewers were very friendly. Interview process was simple and quick - no tricky questions to answer. There were 2 people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.