71% would recommend to a friend
(2954 total reviews)
Richard W. Edelman
82% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Edelman
PR and Communications
a month ago
What agencies are *actually* doing issues management and crisis comms ( other than Edelman)? My firm doesn’t even have a go-to U.S. lead for issues and crisis anymore… struggling to find who I’m supposed to learn from and struggling to pitch business without qualified leadership…
Got a burning question about Edelman? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Edelman employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There are really great resources and people in the network with every specialty of knowledge who are willing to help you." (in 363 reviews)
- "People and the overall culture is great!" (in 141 reviews)
- "Amazing and smart colleagues with whom I get to work with and learn from every day; high" (in 124 reviews)
- "Good benefits for medical and 401k." (in 104 reviews)
- "It's a great opportunity to put a big name agency on your resume while having that exposure of a hard working agency." (in 83 reviews)
- "No work/life balance; really bureaucratic (finance mindset)" (in 163 reviews)
- "They hire young kids to work long hours and make them slaves by paying almost nothing!!" (in 128 reviews)
- "always think there is an underlying problem; no women in higher management; low pay" (in 126 reviews)
- "Low salary and rather questionable decision" (in 123 reviews)
- "Particularly bad experience with a senior manager and leadership at the time that led to decision to leave" (in 77 reviews)
Found 2,954 of over 4K reviews
Updated 4 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.011 Oct 2023Senior Account ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Great teams, fast paced work - great company
Not really any, the work could perhaps be more varied
- 4.031 Mar 2023ConsultantFormer EmployeeLondon, England
"I've been working at Edelman for a few years now, and I can honestly say that it's been a great experience overall. The company has a strong culture of collaboration and innovation, and I feel supported by my colleagues and managers. The benefits and compensation are competitive, and there are plenty of opportunities for professional growth and development. One thing I particularly appreciate about Edelman is the emphasis on work-life balance, which has helped me to maintain a healthy lifestyle while still advancing my career. Of course, like any company, there are some areas for improvement, such as communication and transparency around decision-making. But overall, I would definitely recommend Edelman as a great place to work."
One of the things that sets Edelman apart from other companies is its commitment to social responsibility and ethical business practices. The company is involved in a number of philanthropic initiatives and encourages employees to give back to their communities. Additionally, Edelman is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion within the workplace and has taken steps to increase representation and support for underrepresented groups. This focus on values and ethics is something that I find really inspiring and makes me proud to work for Edelman.
- 5.016 Aug 2023DirectorFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsLondon, England
It's like the Goldman Sachs of PR. Some will hate it. But if you love it it can transform your career
A little more political than it needs be
- 3.02 May 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeeLondon, England
- Opportunity to work alongside huge brands - Great for building networks
- Wins are team wins, falls are yours to own - Lack of structure and support through roles below Mid-Level management - Poor resourcing - Teams feel quite siloed - Responsibilities are offloaded where convenient rather than practical - Review processes are inefficient and eat up valuable time for already stretched AMs
- 4.023 Jul 2023Catering AssistantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearHastings, East Sussex, South East England, England
flexible holidays insurance schemes discounts
long hours on feet for most rigorous tasks
Edelman Reviews FAQs
Edelman has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 3,689 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Edelman to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
71% of Edelman employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Edelman 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.