Harrods Temporary Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Harrods Temporary Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Harrods

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (Hammersmith, England) in May 2019.

Interview

We were gathered into a room in the Hammersmith building, and since there was like 12 of us we sat in fours. They gave us an introduction towards the company and portrayed us their prospectus. We firstly did an icebreaker (introducing yourself and something unique about yourself) and then we were given multiple of scenarios to discuss within the group and since there was four interviewers, each one of them sat on a table with a group of four except for one who would be presenting. They would assess our ideas within the group by noting them down. We were given 5 of these and gave us three minutes each. Then we were taken in a waiting room and we were called one by one and it took me 5-10 minutes of the one-one interview and that’s about it.

Interview Questions

• Tel us a time when you had a limited amount of time yet you gave excellent customer service   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Harrods

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Store approval consisted of a few group activities and one individual activity. For the group activities they would give a scenario or question to the group and ask you to talk it over and find a solution. The individual activity was telling a story about a time we had each provided above and beyond customer service.

Interview Questions

• If you were in the middle of answering a question for one customer and another customer arrived at the counter ready to pay, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knightsbridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (Knightsbridge, England) in April 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of an online application followed by a situation judgement test (do practise ones online if you aren't familiar with these), then I got invited for a video interview a day later (four questions, really short), then I was invited for the assessment centre a day or so later.

The actual assessment centre is pretty straight forward. Dress smartly and appropriately, look presentable. It began with an intro and more about the job role before an ice breaker introducing ourselves and saying one thing we love to do and your favourite department within Harrods.
    After that, we were put into groups and were read out a few different scenarios and situations, within the group we had to discuss what we would do in the situation/ways to approach it, whilst an assessor is sitting nearby listening.
    After that an individual task was set, giving us 5 minutes to collate ideas of a time you have excellent customer service while being time efficient and ensuring the quality was still there. After the 5 minutes, we were called one by one by the assessors to go outside and basically present your ideas, then a 10 minute one on one interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• How would you try make the customers leave Harrods buying more than they anticipated?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in May 2014.

Interview

A 5 minute telephone interview with some pretty basic questions about why you want to work for Harrods, what experience you have and a time when you have built up rapport with a customer. The assessment day was an hour long and consisted of a presentation, questions and a group task about planning a party. The individual questions were:
    1) if you had £1000 gift voucher for Harrods, what would you spend it on?
    2) how would your best friend describe you?
    3) how would you sell a fridge to an eskimo?
    4) the highlight of the last 12 months for you
    I was quite disappointed with the process overall. They highlighted the fact that they had 7000 applicants for only 150 places yet the phone interview was relatively easy and from what I gathered, they weren't at all selective about who they invited to the assessment centre.
    The assessment centre again, was quite easy and didn't really give anyone a chance to really stand out or differentiate themselves.
    I received an email two days later saying I had passed the assessment centre but was 'on hold' whilst they find a suitable department to match my skill set. I emailed them to ask what this meant exactly and the likeliness of being selected but of course, they haven't replied and after doing some research of my own, have found that they tend to simply leave applicants hanging at this stage. This in my opinion, is completely unprofessional on their behalves and they'd probably save a lot of time and money if they were selective about candidates to begin with.

Interview Questions

• how would you sell a fridge to an eskimo?   16 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.