Paddle Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Paddle

2.8

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

I was very interested in the company but the recruitment process completely changed my mind. I first spoke to an internal recruiter: a useless call as all she did is read my CV back to me for 20 minutes. I moved to a technical interview which was well organised and the interviewer was very kind asking relevant technical questions. I asked for feedback to the recruiter and heard nothing for 2 weeks, then I received a generic email to say the role was closed. That's it? I replied asking for personal feedback at least from the technical interview. As expected I heard nothing back. I have no idea where it went wrong or what to work on to improve. Unimpressed.

Interview Questions

• So? You know JavaScript and React? (yes. It's on my CV!)   1 Answer
  • What is the difference between CommonJS and AMD? (Technical interview)   Answer Question
  • Can you tell me what you know about CSS Animations? (Technical interview)   Answer Question

5 Dec 2018 – Talent

Hi there, We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience, but we do appreciate your feedback as we are always happy to improve. As a rule in the first interview, we spend around 10 minutes sharing details about Paddle, our set of products, the technologies that we are using and the current roadmap. We also try to cover specific details about our Frontend Teams and how we are looking to bridge the gap between Engineering and Design. Then, we spend the next 15 to 20 minutes focusing on the candidate's experience where we try to understand whether or not they have deployed a commercial application with a JS framework, if they worked in a CI/CD environment, how they review pull requests and if they used the tools and technologies we are looking for. Again, we are sorry to hear that your experience didn't match the above and we are happy to provide a follow-up email with feedback. So please feel free to send an email to thomas@paddle.com and we will get back to you within a working day. Thank you again for your feedback! Cheers, The Talent team at Paddle

Other Interview Reviews for Paddle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone call with a non technical HR person. I didn't see the point of this as she was basically going thru my CV and reading it out to me. Since then she hasn't come back to me with any feedback. Not the way to give a good impression of the company!

Interview Questions

Paddle Response

30 May 2018 – Head of Marketing

We are sorry that you didn't have a good experience. We intend to provide a fair and useful selection process, giving as many information about the company as possible from the initial phone screen such as a detailed description of our the products, the tech stack we are using, our engineering roadmap and the company culture (trainings, learning opportunities, paid certifications, flexible working, etc). We aim to validate specific experience with the technologies we are using, CI/CD, cloud and ensuring code quality, as well as understand how you've worked in past roles - which is why we run through your CV. We also aim to send feedback to everyone, regardless of the step in the selection process, emphasising the reasons for a rejection to give actionable feedback. If we miss a candidate it's by accident rather than company practice. We are happy to offer look into the reasons why you were rejected and give some context around that if you want. Simply email thomas@paddle.com with your name and the role you've applied for and we will get back to you within 24 hours.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied via recruiter who found my profile on Linkedin I believe.
    There were 4 steps in total:
    a phone call from recruiter
    a phone screening with one of developers
    long dev interview in the office (1-1.5 hours)
    non-dev interview with different people (no idea why this one was needed)
    About 2 weeks in total.

Dev interview seemed quite easy for me, I'd say it's more for Middle-level Software Engineer than for Senior.

The whole process was very good, I was informed about every step I should make. All people I've met were very friendly. Very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Design the system like Amazon on high level
      + pair programming: fix the test   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Met Paddle at their booth a Silicon Milk Roundabout and gave them my details. Got a call from their Talent Acquisition Manager a week or so later who asked me a few questions about my experience and what I was looking for.

This was followed up a few days by a technical phone interview with one of the engineers. I got feedback on that interview later that day and had an on site interview organised for the next week.

The on site interview was with 2 Senior Engineers and the Engineering Manager. They quizzed me about previous jobs and skill that I had on my CV. I was then asked to solve 3 different problems on a whiteboard.

They came back to me with an offer within a day of the interview. Overall the process was smooth and the communication was good every step of the way.

Interview Questions

Paddle Response

30 Oct 2018 – Talent

Hey there, Thanks for your feedback, happy to hear your experience was a smooth and good one. We're excited to have you in the Paddle team! 💪 Cheers, The Talent team

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied directly through Paddle's website and heard back from the internal recruiter a couple of days later.

The process was as follows:

- Phone call with the internal recruiter
    - Technical phone screening with an Engineer
    - Final in-person interview with two Engineers and the Engineering Manager

Interview Questions

• Describe what data objects might be needed when designing a hotel booking system   Answer Question

30 Oct 2018 – Talent

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback, happy to have you in the Paddle team! 🎉 Cheers, The Talent team

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

- Interviewed by two senior developers and the CTO.
    - Briefly going over some of the contents of my CV, focusing on experiences rather than specific bits of technology.
    - A lengthy whiteboard session going over first algorithms and then object oriented modelling.
    - A five minute chat with two employees not on the tech team.
    - Some final discussion with one of the senior developers.
    - A tour around the office.

Interview Questions

• Given two words such as "orchestra" and "carthorse", how can you show that they are anagrams?   Answer Question
    • Can you model the classes needed for an auction system like eBay?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.