Resource Solutions Reviews

Found 268 of over 412 reviews

3.4
Resource Solutions CEO Norma Gillespie
Norma Gillespie
Pros
  • "Great people, great support and they care about their staff(in 19 reviews)

• "Work Life Balance and career growth(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours and highly stressful at times(in 32 reviews)

• "Standard working hours 9-6pm but you get used to it(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work and excellent career progression

16 Jun 2021 - Commercial Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career progression Meritocratic, if you have potential you will be given the opportunity Supportive culture Strong leadership Great people

Cons

High performance culture can be a mindset shift for some people

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Established brand with a new leadership team on a mission to grow and transform the business into the future

4 Jun 2021 - Information Technology in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

New leadership team looking to change and transform the business and to enhance and grow the services provided to clients. This level of change is creating lots of new opportunities for talented individuals. In my experience, the hours are commensurate with pay. Strong sense of community within RS that creates a culture of collaboration and teamwork and no significant politics. Huge focus on D&I and I have never come across any bad behaviours

Cons

The size of the workforce is determined by client demand and during the pandemic, drops in volumes have led to cuts and uncertainty though this is now starting to change as the business re-grows and markets reopen.

Resource Solutions Response

Thank for your five-star review of working Resource Solutions London office. We are in growth mode as you’ve pointed out, and this is creating opportunities for internal mobility and external expertise to join our expanding team. With a focus on our people, we’ve continued to pay bonuses, even during fluctuations in our business and have a laser focus on building strong client partnerships and service lines, with some great new brand names, to enable our organisation, and people to continue to thrive. Our ED& I Council was launched last year and what they have achieved over the last year has been hugely impactful to our employees globally. It’s exciting to be part of. Thank you once again for your review, and all the best in your career with us. Kirsty Adams (Chief People and Culture Officer - RS Global)

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Supportive company

15 Jun 2021 - Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive of career development Female CEO investing in employees by driving forward initiatives - seeing positive change in 2021 Inclusive culture Ability to get involved in other projects out with BAU Methods of communication from Senior Leaders has evolved allowing business updates more accessible to those onsite Great people who like to socialise

Cons

Hours are 8.30am to 6pm however Line Manager is flexibile

4. 5.0

Great place to work

4 Jun 2021 - Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has vision, is passionate about it's people, the management team genuinely care and the CEO is really transforming the business. The leaders don't get things right 100% of the time, but their intention is good. People are passionate about doing the right things for clients, its a really supportive culture with lots of focus on wellbeing and supporting people through Covid. There is a real sense of teamwork here. Big shift towards smart / flexible working which is great and long overdue!

Cons

None that I can think of!

Resource Solutions Response

Thank for your five-star review of working Resource Solutions London office. Our organisation is indeed transforming, and while were focused on building the team of tomorrow, we’re concurrently focused on maintaining our supportive, and inclusive culture. It’s so important to us. Covid-19 has increased our focus on employee safety and wellbeing and given us time to embed more innovation into our employee programs globally. It’s a delight to hear our SMART flexible work program is well received. Thank you once again for your review, and all the best in your career with us. Kirsty Adams (Chief People and Culture Officer - RS Global)

5. 5.0

My career has progressed 10 fold since I joined

8 Jun 2021 - Human Resources in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you work hard and want to progress, RS is the place to work. Management genuinely care and work hard to drive the business forward. The people are the best part though, I was told when I started it is a relationship business and that is absolutely the case.

Cons

Hours are longer than your usual 9-5, however you are encouraged to take your lunch each day and there is a lot of flexibility to fit around other life priorities.

Resource Solutions Response

Hello and thank you for your positive review of working with us in our HR team in London. I agree with everything you say! Our people really are the heart and the soul of our business, and the very best part of Resource Solutions. With regard to the hours, and especially during the pandemic, we actively encourage people to work the hours that work for them. This may mean a longer lunch break that then sees them work later into the evening. However, the focus is on their output and the results, not on presenteeism. We all know how challenging the past year has been, and so we want our people to feel supported in being more flexible with their time. Many thanks, Kirsty Adams (Chief People and Culture Officer, Resource Solutions)

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fanastic company, love working here

8 Jun 2021 - Operations Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team atmosphere and great people to work with. Exciting and new accounts that allow you lots of different opportunites. Amazing mental health care within the company especially with the changes in lockdown. Variety within the role. Definitely feel like your feedback is heard when you provide it.

Cons

Sometimes the account can be challenging but this isn't a reflection of RS, more so of the end client.

Resource Solutions Response

Hello and thank you for your wonderful review of working with us at Resource Solutions in Manchester. It’s so nice to read your positive comments about our people and the supportive atmosphere they create. It’s also so nice to hear that the efforts we’ve made to engage with our people and help them protect their mental health and wellbeing have been bearing fruit and are appreciated. It’s been a challenging year for us all, so that’s great to know. Many thanks, Kirsty Adams (Chief People and Culture Officer, Resource Solutions)

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fantastic Company - Growing again & leading from the top

4 Jun 2021 - Human Resources Advisor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brilliant leadership team led by a female CEO who is all about moving forward. Fantastic people strategy and a real feeling of being valued.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Resource Solutions Response

Thank you so much for the five-star review! We’ve got so many fantastic things going on at Resource Solutions currently. It’s lovely to hear that you feel valued as an employee. We’ve done a lot of work to increase employee engagement and ensure our unique culture does not get lost in the virtual world that has been over the past 12-18 months. It’s also great to hear that you think our renewed leadership team are making strides to move the business forward. We’re a people business, it’s imperative we listen to our employees and will continue to do this. I wish you a long and happy career with us. Kirsty Adams (Chief People and Culture Officer, RS Global)

8. 5.0

New lease of life

27 May 2021 - Marketing in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A clear vision for the future Clear structured objectives and performance metrics Renewed leadership team Real focus on Diversity and Inclusion, not just from leadership but also from employees at all levels

Cons

Everyone seems busy but that's because the business is picking up

Resource Solutions Response

Thank you for your five-star review of Resource Solutions. We are indeed very busy now, having had a very successful Q1, and are well set-up for the future. Our leadership team is growing at pace and we’re all excited to see what’ll play-out in coming months. We’ve spent the better part of a year defining our talent management processes and better aligning them to business objectives, and this has been well received across our business globally. We introduced our ED&I Council last year, with a huge focus on providing tangible, inclusive events and communications for all our employees. The community that has already been established is amazing. Once again, thank you for your positive review and I wish you all the best with your career with us. Kirsty Adams (Chief People and Culture Officer - RS Global)

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awful - do not work here

25 Apr 2021 - Associate Recruiter in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Account Managers I had tried their best to create a comfortable culture but they were both hating their roles and felt their hands were tied. Good communication about what accounts RS had won so a lot of newsletters.

Cons

The bullying at the client I worked for was rife but RS wouldn’t do anything because they prioritise client relationships over employees. Absolutely no training or career development. No career progression and the organisation was an absolute shambles. Staffed turned over every 6 months and everyone in the team was so unhappy at the client site. The pay is about £10k under market and the contracted hours are 48 per week. It is an awful company to work for so I just want to warn others.

1 person found this review helpful

Resource Solutions Response

Hello, and thank you for your review of Resource Solutions. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't completely enjoy your experience with us, and that you didn't feel supported. In terms of career progression, we are launching our 'Career Paths' programme in EMEA to enable our talented people to own and progress their careers. With regards to the comments around being bullied by our clients, I want to reiterate that Resource Solutions does not tolerate inappropriate behaviour of any nature and takes allegations such as these very seriously. If you'd be willing to provide further details via a candid and confidential conversation and discuss further, please contact me at kirsty.adams@resourcesolutions.com. If you do no chose to get in touch, I wish you all the best for the future. Kirsty Adams (Chief People and Culture Officer - RS Global)

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Honest opinion

10 Jun 2021 - Recruiter in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay Good clients offering good exposure

Cons

Poor work vs life balance (hours 8.30-6) Poor back office functions (screening, payroll) Poor pension Too much administration

Resource Solutions Response

Hello and thank you for your review of working with us in London. Although it’s good to see you call out the benefits of our pay and the exposure to our fantastic clients, I’m saddened by your other comments. I’m very proud of introducing our Smart Working policy several years ago, which means our head office working hours are more flexible than for some of our onsite teams, who are contractually required to work the hours stipulated by our clients. My personal experience of our culture – which is reflected in our most recent employee survey – is that we have an open and honest environment, where people feel valued and able to be their authentic self. I regret if this has not been your experience. I would encourage you to get involved with the many online events and discussions we hold for our people on Workplace, including our recent well-attended ‘Cultural Conversation’ about Pride, or reach out to your Account Director or Senior Manager as they are keen to hear about what tangible things we can do to improve. As we continue to transform our business we want to drive a mindset of simpler, smarter, faster and we would welcome feedback in support of this. Many thanks, Kirsty Adams (Chief People and Culture Officer, Resource Solutions)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 268 Reviews