Resource Solutions Reviews

Resource Solutions CEO Nick Dunnett
Nick Dunnett
0 Rating
Pros
Cons
  • "long hours and highly stressful at times(in 31 reviews)

• "Standard working hours 9-6pm but you get used to it(in 26 reviews)

1. "Good company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Manchester, England

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company values, training on a monthly basis, great benefits and friendly coworkers

Cons

Overall so far so good

November 25, 2019

Thank you so much for your positive review of working with us in Manchester. It's lovely to hear your feedback on our values, training and benefits, as well as the friendly culture we've created. I'm pleased to hear you mention Career Paths. I'd be interested to know what you mean - and what ideas you have - about putting it "into place more". If you'd be willing to let me know, please do reach out directly by email or Workplace Chat. Many thanks, Kirsty Adams (Global HR Director, Resource Solutions)

2. COVID-19

"Management are bullies. No support."

1.0
    Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fruit box weekly. Effective introduction to good clients.

Cons

Management - wow. i've never in my life experienced such appalling management. Especially account directors who I saw made people cry and genuinely frighten others when entering the room. They would often complain about individuals in the office in front of them and in a room full of other colleagues. During the COVID-19 pandemic they were ruthless with the way they got rid of individuals. Asking people to take a 50% pay cut or leave. No support throughout the whole period adding to anxiety and uncertainty for many. For a company that glorifies mental health campaigns, its funny they have no idea how to support their employees. There is no progression here, you are moved around without any consultation irrespective of what you would prefer. They will say there is some form of job progression plan- but that has never been used. The job that you go into, is often not the one you originally applied for and they make no effort in mitigating this. Team leads and managers have no interest in trying to better your skills and would rather involve themselves in petty gossiping around the office and isolating individuals. New starters don't even get introduced! Additionally, none of the posts they do on linkedin are true accounts of day to day life so don't be fooled in their clever marketing ploys. It sums up resource solutions as whole, fake fake and fake. oh and the toilets at the main offices are grim. Faeces everywhere.

June 19, 2020

Hello and thank you for your review - although I'm obviously disappointed to hear about the behaviour you've described. I can categorically assure you that we as a business, and myself personally, do not tolerate bullying or demeaning colleagues in front of their peers. That's outdated behaviour, and has no place in the positive, supportive work environment we foster at Resource Solutions. Only recently, we held a well-attended webinar on Male Mental Health in a Time of Uncertainty, led by a member of our Global Leadership Team, because we do take the mental wellbeing of our people so seriously, especially at a time like this. Clearly, the last few months of the Covid-19 crisis have been exceptional, not only for us but for every business and organisation; but I'm disappointed to hear that your experience of progression and development with us have not been up to the high standards we aspire to. I regret that, and I will look into the circumstances behind your comments. If you would be willing to email or call me confidentially to discuss some of the instances in more detail, that may help me address the specifics. Please do feel free to call or email me using my details on Workplace. Many thanks, Kirsty Adams (Global HR Director, Resource Solutions)

3. "Alright I guess"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Manchester, England

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun company, great night outs, really excellent training

Cons

Is entirely dependent on which account you are on - some of the managers are far more experienced/successful than others and it shows

4. "A great company to develop your career"

Current Employee - Resourcing Partner in London, England

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As an RS employee you are always made aware of internal opportunities should you be looking to progress into a new role or switch to a new account. This is openly spoken about in your appraisals and encouraged if this is something you a looking to do.

Cons

Sometimes you can feel a little isolated if you are based on site working on a client account, especially if the RS connectivity platform, Workplace, is a restricted website which you cannot access.

"Great clients, internal culture could do with a rethink..."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Resource Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great clients Many of the account managers are great If you are on the right account with the right role, pay is good

Cons

Poor understanding of mental health within some of the internal leadership and HR team Boozy culture at head office (e.g. shots for those late in after an xmas party) Often lacking strategic outlook

Continue reading
  6. "Good company with good ethics!"

Current Employee - Direct Recruiter in Manchester, England

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

. Nice working environment with friendly and approachable management . Chance to move around accounts internally to gain experience in other areas . Flexible working is encouraged . Loads of fun working events and activities

Cons

. Salary isn't as competitive as other similar organisations . Not as many senior roles to progress into

January 16, 2020

Thank you for your review of working with us in Manchester as part of the wonderful team there. It's great to hear the working environment is friendly, and that the culture is approachable and open to new internal opportunities. However, I'm sorry to hear your comments about remuneration and progression. I will highlight the recent trial of our Career Paths programme that aims to provide more opportunity for our people to develop their skills and progress their careers into new roles that have real responsibility. I know this has been well received, and that the trial has been a success. However, if you would like to discuss this, or any of the issues you've raised, please do get in touch with me directly by email, phone, Workplace or Skype. Many thanks, Kirsty Adams (Global HR Director, Resource Solutions)

"Management need to refocus."

Current Employee - Vendor in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time

Pros

Flexible working. Lovely co-workers. Good exposure to big clients.

Cons

Narrow career path. Management have no care for their employees. Do not consult them when there are internal changes, expected to move from one position to the next without even discussing what you want and how you want to develop. Management just generally awful.

November 25, 2019

Hi, and thank you for leaving a review. It's good to hear you mention flexible working, our lovely colleagues, and exposure to wonderful clients among your 'pros' of working with us. I'm obviously disappointed to hear your other comments about career development and management communications. In the past year we've been trialling our Career Paths programme, precisely to address feedback on the career development we offer our people. This won't change things overnight, but I'm confident that the trial will enable us to improve our offer in the near future. In the meantime, however, you're absolutely right that first impressions count, and we can at least introduce new starters to their colleagues in a more consistent and friendly way. It's something that individual managers need to ensure they're doing, and I'll make sure I discuss the point with our Global Leadership Team. At Resource Solutions we're a friendly bunch, so we're really missing a trick if that's not obvious from the first moment a new member of the RS Family walks through the door. Many thanks for raising this issue. Kirsty Adams (Global HR Director, Resource Solutions)

8. "A growing company with opportunity"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Resource Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced and innovative. Plenty of opportunity to move around if you're hard-working and talented.

Cons

Still establishing company People infrastructure. All about the sale.

November 25, 2019

Hello, and thank you for your review of your time working with us at Resource Solutions in London. It's always rewarding for me to hear that we're innovative and able to provide opportunity for our people, as we work hard to ensure this is the case. You're right that, as we've grown rapidly in recent years, we are still building, developing and improving our people infrastructure. We've rolled out a number of great new programmes in the past few years, and I'm really proud of both what we've achieved and what we have in progress now for the future. Many thanks, Kirsty Adams (Global HR Director, Resource Solutions)

9. "Great Opportunities"

5.0
    Current Employee - Internal Mobility Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time

Pros

Having had the opportunity to work in the Head Office and Onsite, i have been able to gain great exposure, expand my skills and experience

Cons

More dedicated development plans to help people progress in their career

November 25, 2019

Hello, and thank you for your review of working with us in London. I'm so pleased to hear you had the opportunity to work in some varied environments, including both at head office in London and on-site with our fabulous clients. It's wonderful to hear feedback about our people gaining exposure and experience, and expanding their skills. As for development opportunities - this was raised in this year's employee engagement survey as one of the key things for us to focus on, and was in fact something we were working on before the survey. The long and short of it is that we're trialling a new Career Paths programme in the UK, which focuses on providing more opportunities for skill development and taking on real responsibility in a structured and planned way. If the trial is successful, we will actively look at rolling this out in an appropriate way to our global teams. Thanks again for your feedback - it's all really helpful. Kirsty Adams (Global HR Director, Resource Solutions)

10. "Great company, open door, recognising change"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Resource Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Open door to management Having grown with the company over many years they have been support in promoting and developing staff

Cons

Can be restricted by group policy however this is changing slowly

November 5, 2019

Hello - thank you for providing a review of working with us at Resource Solutions. It's lovely to hear that your experience over many years with us has been a positive and supportive one. I've mentioned before how the culture was one of the first things that really struck and impressed me. Long may it continue! We have only recently enacted a structural change to our senior management, bringing Nick Dunnett into the role of Chief Operating Officer, while Simon Bradberry has become our MD for Sales globally. This is partly to ensure we have a laser-like focus on operational delivery through Nick, which in turn is intended to free up managers throughout the business to be able to be further empowered in their areas of expertise. It's early days, but our Global Leadership Team are confident that this change alone will help our managers and teams thrive by being more empowered. If you have any suggestions or feedback on how we could improve in this area, please do contact me or one of the members of our Global Leadership Team. We're always open to good ideas! Many thanks, Kirsty Adams (Global HR Director, Resource Solutions)

Found 182 reviews