XLN Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Dec 5, 2019

3.7
XLN CEO Neil Conaghan
Neil Conaghan
Pros
  • "People, location, free breakfast on Friday(in 21 reviews)

• "As a department manager now myself, I know for a fact that through hard work and a good attitude you can get places in this company(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you want to keep your job then jump through hoops and avoid eye contact with senior members of staff(in 9 reviews)

• "Not focused on customer service(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best place I've worked"

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in London, England

I have been working at XLN full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been an employee at XLN for around 7 months and I really enjoy it so far. There is a very youthful environment, everyone is really friendly and I have an excellent team to help support me. I started a personal business venture and I have been very overwhelmed with the the support from the company and I will be eternally grateful. They truly believe promoting from within and I am surrounded by people who have... worked their way up which is very encouraging. There's free fruit on a Monday and free breakfasts on a Friday so you can't really go wrong with that.

Cons

Breakfast is amazing but could be more more healthy options ... could be more fruit?

XLN2019-08-30
  2. "GOOD PRODUCTS"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at XLN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good products of telecom

Cons

did not come across

Advice to Management

Expand team in london

XLN2019-09-17
  3. "Hard Sell"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England

I worked at XLN full-time for less than a year

Pros

If unemployed or prepared 60-hours per week to hit target

Cons

Unsustainable commission Has tech evolved?

XLN2019-12-03
  4. "AVOID AT ALL COSTS......."

Former Employee - Head Office Worker in London, England

I worked at XLN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friday breakfast if I have to name something

Cons

Where do we start: * Outdated offices which are either like an oven or a fridge, plus toilets more disgusting than most public offerings * Long hours with no reward * No flexibility * No recognition for doing a good job * Totally focused on making profits so the owners can sell and make lots of money * Staff incentives are a joke (just the "favourites" going out using Company funds) * A CEO with no actual... power as the owner is still "hanging" around making decisions

Advice to Management

Actually talk to your staff and realise that they are human beings.

XLN2019-12-05
  5. "A strong work ethic and a positive attitude - you'll do just fine."

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at XLN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Approachable management, Friendly, Nice office, Innovative,

Cons

Lack of training (in certain departments), Progression limited (in certain departments),

Advice to Management

Seem to be doing just fine

XLN2019-08-28
  6. "Good if you are hot with sales"

Former Employee - Field Sales in Birmingham, England

I worked at XLN full-time

Pros

Gives opportunities to people with no experience to get their foot in the door and learn a trade. The training was outstanding.

Cons

Commission only. Also, to be good at fields sales (ie door to door sales) you really have to have a natural talent for it.

Advice to Management

None. Management were decent people who reward those that put in the effort.

XLN2019-09-04

"Account Management"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Sheffield, England

I have been working at XLN full-time for less than a year

Pros

free breakfast on friday Only one saturdy a month

Cons

The pace can be too fast

XLN2019-07-14

"Full of men"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at XLN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some nice people and free breakfast on a friday.

Cons

The managing directors and Sales directors are sleazy. Comments made about women are vile. HR dept is full of women and dont do anything about it because they are scared. HR are never there. I went to complain twice and they was never in there office.

Advice to Management

It is not a pub.

XLN2019-08-09
  9. "Best company I've worked for."

Current Employee - Team Leader in Birmingham, England

I have been working at XLN full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been an employee for XLN for almost 2 years I started as a field sales advisor within 6 months I was promoted to business development executive and then within a month promoted to team leader. The pros of working for this company are highly beneficial, you have choices of working independently or with colleagues and get paid a brilliant salary followed by excellent travel allowances and car allowances.... There is always opportunities on progression if you work hard you can play harder you just tend to grow quicker if you put your mind and efforts into this job. Being confident and having high capabilities is mainly highly required. You get well looked after by management when all efforts have had recognition they don't have a blind eye, they see talent and skills in everyone who works for them. The best pro is you get to network with diverse people that is why I love my job. Not only do I get to work in different places in the country I get to work with amazing people who actually care about you too. XLN is like a second family to me I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cons

The cons are pretty basic you have to stay out till 730 if targets have not been met. And Constantly having to message on the phone to keep management updated when you have a job to do.

Advice to Management

Advice to management would be ASMs and above need to be more on point and organised, Allowing management to slip up is what's going to make the others collapse. Proper training should be put in place for new starters with real confident trainers who want to show people how to do the job and to help them progress. Positivity is key and keeping everyone positive and happy is what should be focused on as well as... sales and what goes in to that.

XLN2019-06-26

"Do not work for them"

Former Employee - BDE in Manchester, England

I worked at XLN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cant see any at all

Cons

They wont think twice of getting rid of you I didn't do a sale for 5 days and get a call saying sorry gonna have let you go I had only been there 4 weeks and and in my first 3 weeks I did 18 sales. Then they dont pay me what they owe me i did 5 card sale lead which i should of been paid £250 for but not seen a penny of it so they are thieves as well. If your thinking of going working for them then dont out of my... group that started which was about 10 of us there is probably only about 2 left it's that bad of company to work for.

Advice to Management

Pay me what you owe.

XLN2019-06-23