XLN Reviews

Found 170 of over 234 reviews

3.3
XLN CEO Neil Conaghan
Neil Conaghan
Pros
  • "Monthly drinks and free breakfast once a week(in 26 reviews)

• "As a department manager now myself, I know for a fact that through hard work and a good attitude you can get places in this company(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "If you want to keep your job then jump through hoops and avoid eye contact with senior members of staff(in 8 reviews)

• "Team Leaders and Managers on the floor basically do nothing except walk around the desks and say "SELL SELL SELL(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Rewards are proportional to hard work

Sep 16, 2021 - Sales Team Manager in Sheffield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic environment for progression, this is a very tough job. However with the correct attitude and determination its a phenomenal platform for success. In this company your financial and aspirational success is really driven by yourself, its not an easy job. However if you turn up, have the right attitude and ability to motivate yourself they will teach you everything else that you need to know to be successful. I’ve been working there for 2 months and with the hours and hard work already achieved my first 2 promotions. Great senior management who will always aim to help you. Very good benefits, work events and clear progression route.

Cons

The job is difficult, it provides a challenging environment but it also allows for you to really stand out if you have the correct attitude. You need to have the ability to learn fast, and be able to soak in knowledge like a sponge.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company with big ambitions

Sep 16, 2021 - Pay Advisor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Internal promotions with clear career path and progression. -Good commission -Nice office with pool table and table tennis -Friday free breakfast -Head of pay sales Tyrone is great and actively involved in training/ mentoring and helping with career progression which is really important for me

Cons

No cons that I can think of, maybe we could have breakfast twice a week?

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Had good time learnt a lot

Sep 26, 2021 - IT Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Had the freedom to learn a lot, and with personal desire to achieve a lot too it worked out for both.

Cons

At times people poke their nose into things they shouldn't.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Sep 14, 2021 - Pay Sales Advisor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

XLN have delivered in regards to progression. I started with the business just over 3 months ago and I am working towards becoming a team leader role already!! Uncapped commission is a one of the best incentives offered here. In previous years XLN has rewarded several top sells with trips abroad. I am hopeful this will return. The ongoing support that you receive is another thing that I enjoy about working here and the encouragement that you receive when not having a good sales day.

Cons

Something it can be stressful, but this comes with any sales roles. You are not put under pressure your targets are more of a guideline if you want to achieve then you will work hard to achieve the extra bonus and progression that XLN has to offer.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Environment - Progression, Progression, Progression!!

Sep 14, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Sheffield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work Environment - Until my time at XLN, I hadn't experienced a company culture and office environment quite like it. It is fast paced and active from the top down, with employees across different teams and of different levels being encouraged to interact with one another, thus creating a friendly yet hard working company culture. Progression - As a member of the recruitment team, one of the things that attracted me here and also attracts any employees we bring in, is the PROGRESSION. It's incredibly rewarding for me to see from an outside perspective the progression made by our hires. Seeing them move from Advisor to Team Leader within 3 months and then Manager within another 6 months (across all departments) just goes the rewards you receive for putting in the hard work. I'm not saying it's a given, but for motivated individuals willing to put the work in, believe me, it does happen. Management - It is pretty much guaranteed that anyone you are reporting into, has been in your shoes before (due to company and individual internal progression plans), and therefore have a deep understanding of the requirements of your position. This allows them to be on a level with you, rather than sit in their ivory tower looking down, and on a daily are on the floor putting in the shift with their team. Something you don't get everywhere. Also free breakfast on Fridays and breakout areas with pool tables, table tennis and racing simulators! Thoroughly enjoyed my time here, made lots of new friends and it's the kind of place where if I was in the area I feel like I would always be able to come in and say hello. Unfortunately had to leave due to a relocation but if I'm back in Sheffield I would love the opportunity to work here again.

Cons

I wouldn't say it's a con, but it is quite a driven company and sometimes it can be high pressure. However this is purely because the company are growing and striving to do so more... and who wants to work for a company that are going backwards anyway?

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

A workplace to progress

Sep 6, 2021 - Performance Team Leader in Sheffield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

At XLN, you aren't just a number like everywhere else - no - everyone is noticed for their hard work, grit and determination and are rewarded as such. The most important thing as soon as I walked through the doors was knowing that a future progression opportunity may arise, and they without doubt kept to their word. After joining XLN, I was at first unsure if it would be a similar experience to my previous workplace; of doing my all, but not being noticed due to the vast number of people, but after showing and doing my utmost for the team, I was given the opportunity to move into a different role only a few months in - this just proved that unlike other workplaces that they reward those who put the effort in, no matter how long you've worked there which is refreshing. Also, it is great to see a workplace doing their all to support you, not only within the workplace but also outside relating to all circumstances you may be facing in life. Overall, it is a place you can really establish yourself and with knowing that your talent/effort isn't going to waste, just gives everyone that extra nudge to work and support one another - not only this - but you're also valued regardless of the position you are in which is a great bonus.

Cons

There are no cons that I have faced

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Sinking Ship - RUN

Oct 18, 2021 - Marketing in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I lost a stone due to stress, so although I now have severe mental health issues - at least I fit in my jeans.

Cons

Told not to go to HR with any issues (if you do go to HR, they'll take XLN's side anyway so no love-loss there). No development/willingness to invest in staff. Finger pointing when things go wrong. Lack of respect for employee knowledge from Senior Management (e.g. Outsourcing to agencies when it could be done in-house). Sick days questioned and challenged (occasionally put on unpaid leave, just to keep you on your toes). Swearing by senior management around the office. Unrealistic targets set by senior management, and informed that my job was at risk if targets were not met. E.g. 'Get new ideas, or we'll get new people' . Complete lack of communication from head of dept, so limited knowledge as to what was going on internally. Horrible, negative environment. Never know whether you'll be met by a smile, or a verbal punch in the face. Made for a very anxiety inducing environment. Limited/no plans laid out within the dept - meaning work comes in from no-where, and is expected to be completed within unrealistic time frames. Lack of management/knowledge from senior management, leading to negative results, leading to finger pointing. V boring and demotivating.

HR

Hi there, Thanks for leaving a review. We're really sorry to hear some of your negative experiences. It's surprising given the longevity of many people in the marketing team. You raise several points that would really benefit from a deeper discussion. Would you be willing to have a confidential chat? If so please email me at Shamilla.zahid@xlntelecom.co.uk and we can arrange a call. Best wishes Shamilla

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Incredible place to work!!!

Aug 26, 2021 - Product Manager in Sheffield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

XLN is a company that truly cares about growing its staff. Hard work is noticed in the company. Throughout my 6 years of service I’ve been promoted 3 times from Senior Broadband Agent, Broadband Team Leader to Product Manager. XLN is a company that invests in people. If you want to grow the opportunity is there for you to grab and do something with it. Senior management create a fun, happy working environment and most importantly they are hugely supportive. If you are looking for a stable, exciting great place to work look no further.

Cons

Zilch. Nothing I can think of.

9. 1.0

TOXIC

Oct 7, 2021 - Broadcast Technician in Sheffield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing good as the work culture is bad. As a women I will avoid this place.

Cons

They won't pay commission correctly & won't keep a track of your sales.

HR

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback. It was disappointing to hear your experience because our culture is something we're very proud of. As has often been said by staff at every level, XLN is a meritocracy and there are no barriers to success. Furthermore, I should state that I've seen no evidence of commission not pad correctly or sales having not been tracked. We used very comprehensive and sophisticated systems to process and track everything, and invest heavily in ensuring nothing slips through the net. Therefore, it would be great to speak to you and clarify what has happened. Please email me at Shamilla.zahid@xlntelecom.co.uk and we can arrange a call. Best wishes, Shamilla

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst job I have ever had.

Oct 6, 2021 - Business Development Executive in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Apparently I needed 5 words for pros for this company but turns out I only need one, ZERO

Cons

Everything, management, Work/life balance, shifts that they tell you finish early but you do not, the sheer pressure you are under to do shady things or get fired, and to be honest the worst line in sales(for me personally) some people like door to door, but it’s not me, they use a fancy title but that’s all it is.

HR

Hi there, Thanks for your review. We've made no secret of the fact that sales careers at XLN are challenging. When it works for you, you can be really successful - many reviews and the longevity of many people's careers here are proof of that. But, for some people it just doesn't work out. However, in regards to one or two of your points, it would be great to have a discussion, completely confidentially, to find out more. Please email me at Shamilla.zahid@xlntelecom.co.uk and we can arrange a call. Regardless, we wish you the best of luck in the future. Best wishes Shamilla

Viewing 1 - 10 of 170 Reviews